Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Magnaflow Review

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2008, 09:14 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Received 243 Likes on 193 Posts
Magnaflow Review

So it all started off when i found out about this forum. God bless everyone in here seriously.. reading through threads about different exhaust brands which i only heard of in Need for Speed haha till i bumped into Magnaflow's offer by Hott Exhaust..Hp gains looked nice thanks to dyno posts by Ironchef and Max.. sounded very tempting also on youtube.. But i thought it was joke i mean what you enter like a magic word and bam price drops by like $70. Thats other than the store discount they already had which brought down the total price to less than $500 shipped (you lucky ******* in the US haha). Only problem would be now is to get it shipped to Dubai which i wasnt sure they would provide. So i decided to add a new field to my signature. Called hott exhausts up at like 3am..got so turned on just couldnt control my hormones anymore.
They were able to hook me up with 4 days express shipping by FEDEX for almost $300 (see why you're lucky now :P). And when they said 4 days.. they actually meant it! I was impressed by the service they provided. Replied to emails straight away and guided me through.
So my package arrived this morning. However Fedex delivery doenst work on Saturdays so I was to wait till they open on Sunday.. of course that didnt happen. Snatched my bro's SUV and drove up there. Folded the back seats and placed my sexy package in there.
Now the Installation. I mean I could've done it myself but then again, this isnt my FSAE graduation project, its a car im gonna be driving everyday might as well get it installed professionally. And all the tools are in the MECH Lab which also doesnt open till Sunday and HEYAL NO I AINT WAITING!! I already paid 800 bux for it 50 more wouldnt hurt.
So they got the OEM system dismantled which didnt seem hard at all. I forced both mechanics out from under my car and just couldnt resist not hearing what my baby would sound like without an exhaust system..so i turned it on n rev'ed it...SICK!!! I just cant describe it. One day ill just connect straight pipes no mufflers no resonators lol
Anyways..they then bolted the x-pipes, resonators assembly and muffler assembly. The muffler assembly was pretty heavy though they kinda struggled with it. Also aligning and centering the tips wouldve taken me centuries to do they got it right from the first time. I feared the catback system my not bolt on perfect but wow it bolted on like it was stock!!
Whats even interesting about it is that (unless you own a G37 and know each n every detail in it) you wouldnt be able to tell that its not stock. The tips have ALMOST the same shape as the stocks and the muffler assembly look pretty much the same as the stock one. Which kinda helps when driving past the cops (did i say that out loud?) Then the ECU reset. Tried it without a stopwatch never worked. Took out my friends iPhone and used a stopwatch worked straight away. It seriously is all about the timing. Reminded me of back in the day where we used cheats to unlock hidden performance upgrades in Need for Speed haha
Now the drive, oh god the drive.. its just perfect. between 1500rpm up till around 2000rpm the tone is just so deep n the low frequency sounds just like the bass tone on club speakers then u rev it up some more gets somewhat quiter till u reach around 4000rpm. Here your mind just stops operating. A fine combination of engine sound and exhaust tone leading to a symphony even a not deaf beethoven wouldnt be able to beat lol the roaring at 6500rpm is beyond my description abilities.
I'll post dyno charts as soon as i get her dyno'ed i promise. But now, i need go turn some heads n wet some panties haha
cheers and as i always say.. God bless this forum n its members
now thats a signature haha

Last edited by G37Sam; 08-23-2008 at 09:35 AM.
Old 08-23-2008, 09:28 AM
xdram

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another happy Magnaflow customer, I'll have to take a look at that after I get my JWT installed. Thanks for your review, sounds like you're going to have a good time with it.
Old 08-23-2008, 11:28 AM
J.Oh

after this review i think im sold on the magna flow im gonna order it real soon now..... after i pay these damn credit cards off.....
Old 08-23-2008, 11:51 AM
oOmikeyboy
Florida G35 Club, Premier Member

Originally Posted by homelessdrunk
after this review i think im sold on the magna flow im gonna order it real soon now..... after i pay these damn credit cards off.....
me too..haha these high credit limits aren't helping either.

glad to see your happy with the exhaust, i want one so bad.
Old 08-23-2008, 03:43 PM
NJlakeshoreG
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i likes mine =0)

had mine cut and rasied to clear my driveway...
Old 08-23-2008, 07:50 PM
dnieto82

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
just got mine last Friday and my friend and i Installed it on Sunday, AND WOW!!!
Price was really Great and definitely feel the difference in power and sound.
My Advice Get Them you'll be really happy!!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:11 PM
G37Sam
Administrator

here's a clip demonstrating how they sound, cut me some slack though it was taken by my mobile phone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqqiroqUFOs
Old 09-05-2008, 09:34 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Sounds mean!
Old 09-05-2008, 09:51 PM
Dipstix6996

I see you figured out a way to get the exhaust home! Glad you like it.
Old 09-05-2008, 09:57 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Sounds great. Nice job.
Old 09-06-2008, 07:50 AM
G37Sam
Administrator

Originally Posted by Dipstix6996
I see you figured out a way to get the exhaust home! Glad you like it.
yeah i was given a great shipping quote from Fedex via hottexhaust
Old 09-06-2008, 12:16 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
so i still need to get around to getting my magnaflow... glad you're satisfied with the product
Old 09-06-2008, 12:37 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ouch, 300 for shipping.
Old 09-06-2008, 03:08 PM
561g37

if hfc and intake were added in combo with this would it improve the deeper sound and over all performance?
Old 09-06-2008, 03:22 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 561g37
if hfc and intake were added in combo with this would it improve the deeper sound and over all performance?
yes. hfc adds like 8 hp while an intake adds 4-10 hp.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow Review