Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Tanabe or Greddy exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:48 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Tanabe or Greddy exhaust?

Which would you choose and why? I still need to listen to the videos again but on those that have listened to them in person, which one sounds better? In better I mean which one has a deep sound? Any other Axle backs you guys would recommend. I don't like raspy sound so if it is raspy I wouldn't like it.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:51 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I've pondered this very same dilemma long and hard. At the end of the day I'm choosing Tanabe. Deep and throaty without sounding ricey and obnoxiously loud. I want something that makes the car sound powerful and a little exotic and I think the Tanabe is the one to go with. I don't have it yet but should by the end of next week.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:12 AM
heff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
greddy FTW, tanabe doesnt deliver enuf BANG if u will, its a little more refined for the quiter and less ricey sound, i like greddy personally because its a bit more beefier, although the tanabe pipes i like better look more stock as Ti-C looks ricey but for me its the sounds if it was bout power id hit the borla up no questions asked but it is a lil raspy for me
Old 07-26-2008, 01:20 AM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Tanabe...with berk hfc's they will make a nice, nice DEEP growl..do it boy of steel!
Old 07-26-2008, 01:25 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Tanabe
Old 07-26-2008, 01:31 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I'll be the rebel... Neither. lol. Wait for the Greddy Evo2. Shouldn't be too long for this one. Let's hope at least.

Last edited by Blackjack; 07-26-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:32 AM
The1andOnly

I've had both, and I love the Greddy, especially without the silencers, but that might be too loud for your taste. The Greddy just gives the car a different presence when you accelerate. I get so many looks when I'm in the high rpm's. The Tanabe has a much more mature sound. The sound that the Tanabe has is what the exhaust should've sounded like from the factory, it also keeps that same tone under normal driving conditions, bust growls when you take off.

The Greddy is still the deepest though even with the silencers on.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:34 AM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by Blackjack
I'll be the rebel... Neither. lol. Wait for the Greddy EvoTT. Shouldn't be too long for this one. Let's hope at least.
Why would he want a TT exhaust set up if he doesn't have TT? He might actually loose power since the piping is far too big for an NA set up.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:37 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by The1andOnly
Why would he want a TT exhaust set up if he doesn't have TT? He might actually loose power since the piping is far too big for an NA set up.
Meant Greddy Evo2... Had a few drinks tonight. Lol.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:38 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

hmm...so much to consider. Keep the recommendations coming. I have a couple days at least before I need to decide.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:40 AM
The1andOnly

Meant Greddy Evo2... Had a few drinks tonight. Lol.
LOL. It's all good. Keep em coming bartender!!!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 01:42 AM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

LOL. It's all good. Keep em coming bartender!!!!!
Bartender is the neighbor... We drink in the cul-de-sac nearly every Friday and Saturday night. Since we drink so much, we're in the process of subscribing to a keg service to where a beer truck would pull up in front of the house every 2 weeks to replenish. Lol... We have a fun time in the neighborhood. No need for a bar.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:42 AM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by bboysteele
hmm...so much to consider. Keep the recommendations coming. I have a couple days at least before I need to decide.
What else are you considering to do with the exhaust system? If you get the Greddy, since it has a mid-pipe, you can just get a y-pipe to go full cat-back. If you're not planning to do anything else, than Tanabe's the way to go.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:43 AM
The1andOnly

Bartender is the neighbor... We drink in the cul-de-sac nearly every Friday and Saturday night. Since we drink so much, we're in the process of subscribing to a keg service to where a beer truck would pull up in front of the house every 2 weeks to replenish. Lol... We have a fun time in the neighborhood. No need for a bar.
Nice . Kegers FTW!!!
Old 07-26-2008, 01:51 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

What else are you considering to do with the exhaust system? If you get the Greddy, since it has a mid-pipe, you can just get a y-pipe to go full cat-back. If you're not planning to do anything else, than Tanabe's the way to go.
hmm, can't talk about it yet but it will be nice. I really just need to get ride of this stupid stock mufflers right now. The dang things sound like crap and I have a buzzing sound coming from them when I step on the gas and I already got my mufflers changed out with the updated ones. The new muffler just doesn't play well with the HFCs or at least mine don't.

Quick Reply: Tanabe or Greddy exhaust?