Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Borla Installed and Exhaust Leak?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 10:56 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Kriggans
Steve,

Adding resonators to your system will make it quieter, not louder. Resonator is just another word for muffler. Resonators usually refer to the first set of mufflers closest to the headers/cats & the mufflers are closest to the tailpipe tips.

As far as the sound, most exhausts have a break-in period of a several hundred miles. I would recommend letting our exhaust settle in for 400-500 miles. And as you drive your car under various conditions, you will hear the differences of how something as slight as a morning fog or a hot dry day will affect the tone.

Another factor of exhaust note depends on your transmission. Is yours automatic or manual?

I hope I’ve given you some ideas to roll around; let me know if you have any other questions.

You sure did, I've made my mind up. I have a local shop that works on Nissan and Infiniti religiously, so I'm going to take my car down to them so they can examine the piping to see what my best bet would be. They recommended a 12" Vibrant resonator on both sides right after the h-pipe. It will silence it a little, but make it deeper and not as high when I'm redlining. I kind of found it odd that on the G35 Borla had two resonators, but now on the G37 they don't have any.

I'm also going to be installing the high flow cats at the sametime. They need to order the parts, so that will be a couple days. I'll get some videos of the before and after to show the differences.

Thanks again, Kriggans.
Old 07-30-2008, 07:54 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Bump... I went to the place that I'm going to have weld my resonators on and I ordered (2) 12" Vibrant resonators. If anyone is interested in before and after videos, let me know and I'll get a thread up under media next week. They will be doing the work next Monday since that's the next time I have off.

- Steve
Old 08-01-2008, 11:58 AM
Kriggans

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Staples
Bump... I went to the place that I'm going to have weld my resonators on and I ordered (2) 12" Vibrant resonators. If anyone is interested in before and after videos, let me know and I'll get a thread up under media next week. They will be doing the work next Monday since that's the next time I have off.

- Steve
Nice. I'm looking forward to those videos & hope you like your custom sound!