Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Is anyone else still waiting on injen CAI from AMTHOTMODS??

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 01:25 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ampdG37
If someone didn't get an item from another company and a member of this forum would like to suggest to buy from me, I'm flattered but please suggest only and not use the common phrase " you should have". I think thats upsetting some people here.
+1 for Lou speaking out. +2 on Amp's rep

Last edited by ucla bruin; 07-23-2008 at 01:31 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:31 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ampdG37
Ok. I guess it not wise for me to comment on this thread and I've been trying to keep my fingers from typing but its so hard because my name and my shop name keeps on popping up.

First off, thank you for everyone that ordered parts from me and has nothing but nice and great things to say about us. I'm sure everyone that said" you should have ordered from Lou" meant well and are just watching over other members of this forum.

If someone didn't get an item from another company and a member of this forum would like to suggest to buy from me, I'm flattered but please suggest only and not use the common phrase " you should have". I think thats upsetting some people here.

Injen intake situation, I did what i had to do to as a business man, as a Vendor on this website and as a G37 OWNER. I personally called Injen to find out how the progress was about 4 months prior to release because i was getting excited at the progress. Everyone read about the aftermarket short ram intakes not making power as per Cobb and AEM. I went to Stillen's open house to personally talk to Injen about it and again, went to Injen's facility prior to release and spoke to the owner and sales people regarding the intakes. Why i went to great lengths? Because as a G37 owner, If i thought it look great under the hood, sounded awesome and actually get HP gains, Imagine how every other G37 owner would feel. So i ordered alot, and yes I was the first one and thats why they had to fill my order before anyone else got any. I've been around the manufacture game long enough to know that things get delayed and thats why I didn't charge anyones credit card until i was ready to ship them. I think thats only fair.

That being said, yes I've continued to try to get some quality products for our
community and of course, for business purposes. I do have to make a living like everyone else here. I have a shop to run and if my prices are higher its because i have overhead unlike internet companies that run operation out of garage. Yes i dropped my price like in some case because i got a better pricing for buying more than my original order. Did i have to do that? Well its for everyone to decide.

I've met some nice people through the forum. Some actually go to my shop just to hang out. If they vouched for me is thats great but i never gave anyone here anything to run our stickers. I did sent out a few stickers through the mail (out of state) because it was requested by them, not because i gave them a better pricing.

I've helped out other members here( you know who you are ) get partial sponsorship from different companies and or directed them to the right people for what.... nothing on my end. Just wanting to help.

Well i hope that's it.... wow i feel better
If I offended anyone in any way, my apologies. That was not my intent. I just wanted to clear some issues about my name being mentioned 1 too many times on this thread. Oh and pardon my grammar, its late.

Oh and by the way.. I have a few exciting toys for our cars comming up soon. Once i get permission from the manufacturer regarding release, I'll post them.
Sorry AMP if my post seemed to be against you. It was not intended to be. I was just stating that the more vendors on here and sites that have low prices is an advantage to the community. I have been on this forum since the beginning and have seen prices drop from many vendors once they found out someone else had a better price. Do I think it is bad that a vendor sell a product for not the cheapest price they can? NO. It is business. They sell the product at a price they can make a profit at and make their customers happy so they are returning customers. Personally I think you need to advertise more with the people that you sell to. Free advertisement is always good for business.

Originally Posted by AZg37
can you put a price on good customer service though? Saving some $$$ ain't worth over a months wait, IMO
Good customer service can be subjective. No one knew that the AMT customer service would be like this except the post on your situation. It seemed to be good in the beginning. A lot of people on here have not dealt with either AMP or AMT so customer service at the time was equal. AMP seems to have great customer service from the post I have read. One thing you should do it post on how good their customer service has been and what they have done to earn your business. It is not a good idea to go into this thread and post these "you should have gone thru AMP" posts. There are irritated people in this thread and these post seem like they are jabs and jest at a mistake they think they might have made. Doing this is going to irritate people more and probably hurt future business with AMP because people might associate your post with the way AMP's business. Not fair but that tends to be how people work. I would just keep that in mind especially if you through a companies name in the mix because you don't want to hurt future possible sales for AMP.

Last edited by bboysteele; 07-23-2008 at 02:47 PM.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:04 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
It is not a good idea to go into this thread and post these "you should have gone thru AMP" posts. There are irritated people in this thread and these post seem like they are jabs and jest at a mistake they think they might have made. Doing this is going to irritate people more ...
That's what I've been trying to say. We all know now. Here's where all the psychics come out to say they knew it all along. What's the purpose of that?

A large number of the posts in this thread are of that variety and it does **** me off if nobody else. If you don't have a dog in this fight, why post to irritate people who lost money? IMO, no solution to the problem = shut up.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:09 PM
UNV-IT46

But their are people who have delt with AMT and had great results. I ordered parts from him and had no problems at all. He was prompt in telling me everything and everything showed up when he said it would.
Old 07-23-2008, 04:19 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
It really just sounds to me like AMT runs a drop-shipping, middleman company. If the manufacturer is out of stock or on backorder AMT takes the fall. It's a tough position to be in. I suggest you guys file a dispute through payapl, AMT finally started communicating with me after I did this. If you paid with a CC, file a claim through the company. It can sometimes be a lengthy process when trying for a refund so the earlier you start, the quicker you get your funds back. just my .02
Old 07-23-2008, 04:33 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by AZg37
It really just sounds to me like AMT runs a drop-shipping, middleman company. If the manufacturer is out of stock or on backorder AMT takes the fall. It's a tough position to be in. I suggest you guys file a dispute through payapl, AMT finally started communicating with me after I did this. If you paid with a CC, file a claim through the company. It can sometimes be a lengthy process when trying for a refund so the earlier you start, the quicker you get your funds back. just my .02
thats exactly what he does. He runs his business out of his house so everything is dropped shipped so he doesn't need to have any items on hand.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:36 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Then if the problem is getting product from a manufacturer who's oversold their stock, or shipping company issues or anything else, how about answering a call or email and saying so? I could have understood that and waited with no problem. It would be better to not take our money up front for stock he doesn't have though. He's using my money to pay Injen for product he's presold and doesn't have yet. Apparently they dont either. If he were selling dope that way he'd be dead in 3 days.

Just refund me and use the next sucker's cash to front your enterprise. I'm giving it one more week before I start to play internet detective and publish very personal information about him on the world wide web. Would anyone like access to his financial information?
Old 07-23-2008, 10:27 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Wow, betty you are #1 on my list for people NOT to cross in life
Old 07-25-2008, 01:01 PM
ddominator1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree w. u BB. I am giving this thing one more week before i go for my money. The big question i have right now, is where the **** is Naimoli? Still no e-mails no phone calls, no nothing! Has this guy and AMT closed shop? Granted Injen HAS our money and currently are overloaded with orders, but wouldn't it be nice to try and save your reputation? Man, i just could not do that with my business and strive for customer satisfaction no matter what the consequences.

This guy (Naimoli) should have not have taken our $ until orders were shipped out and confirmed by manufacturer. Another question i have is this: How do you go about getting a refund through paypal if Injen has already gotten paid for intakes? Would if i don't want these things anymore? Do i call Injen and say don't bother sending and then got trough paypal? Seems like a complicated process.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:06 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by ddominator1
I agree w. u BB. I am giving this thing one more week before i go for my money. The big question i have right now, is where the **** is Naimoli? Still no e-mails no phone calls, no nothing! Has this guy and AMT closed shop? Granted Injen HAS our money and currently are overloaded with orders, but wouldn't it be nice to try and save your reputation? Man, i just could not do that with my business and strive for customer satisfaction no matter what the consequences.

This guy (Naimoli) should have not have taken our $ until orders were shipped out and confirmed by manufacturer. Another question i have is this: How do you go about getting a refund through paypal if Injen has already gotten paid for intakes? Would if i don't want these things anymore? Do i call Injen and say don't bother sending and then got trough paypal? Seems like a complicated process.
You have to file a dispute through PayPal saying that you haven't received anything from the vendor after you paid. Then immediately go back and turn the dispute into a claim for a refund. That's what I've done. It takes a while and there's no guarantee of getting your money back. They give the deadbeat A-hole two weeks (I think) to dispute the claim with supporting evidence that he's provided the product like a tracking number to your address saying that it was delivered and signed for. Of course he doesn't have this because he hasn't shipped anything. I filed on 7/18 and he hasn't responded to PayPal yet. I doubt he intends to. His paypal account is suspended right now so he can't steal anyone else's money. That's probably why he yanked everything off of ebay. The problem is if he doesn't have any money in his PayPal account, I don't think we'll have any further recourse to get a refund from them. Then it's on to other means of renumeration. I'm hoping this azz clown has some skeletons in his closet for me to publish here and anywhere else on the internet. A small consolation for being riped off for $450.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:09 PM
SOLISIMO

Visa temp. refunded me the $480 to my credit card for 45 days, after then its perm. If I recieve the intake I have the right to send it back, which I will
Old 07-25-2008, 03:17 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Originally Posted by SOLISIMO
Visa temp. refunded me the $480 to my credit card for 45 days, after then its perm. If I recieve the intake I have the right to send it back, which I will
You paid him directly with your Visa and not through Paypal? I wish I could have but if you have a balance with PayPal it makes you use it first before you can pay someone diredtly with your CC. That sucks.
Old 07-25-2008, 03:33 PM
SOLISIMO

Originally Posted by Black Betty
You paid him directly with your Visa and not through Paypal? I wish I could have but if you have a balance with PayPal it makes you use it first before you can pay someone diredtly with your CC. That sucks.
Nope payd him through paypal but did the claim through visa..
Old 07-25-2008, 04:53 PM
ddominator1

thanks...def giving this 1 MORE WEEK and then im off to the refund races! Paid with m yCC through paypal so assuming i could just make claim with VISA?
Old 07-28-2008, 11:12 PM
SteveG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If any of you are waiting like I was for your intake from Naomoli and his AMTHOTMODS scam you can forget it. Below is a piece of the email I just got from paypal regarding my case against that motherfocker.

I also spoke to Jerry at Injen and he told me that my intake was shipped out to Naomoli over 3 weeks ago, it was set to go to my address but Naomoli called Jerry at the last minute and told him to ship it to him. I'm out $450 and really pissed off right now, my paypal account had the funds in it and the rest came outta my bank account so I can't even go after my credit card company. Paypal sucks for sure and so does buying siht from scumbags like Naomoli.

Dear Steve,

After careful review, we have concluded our investigation of the Buyer
Complaint described below.

We have decided in your favor, however, we were unable to recover any funds
from the seller's account. As stated in the PayPal User Agreement, recovery
of funds associated with a Buyer Complaint cannot be guaranteed.

Quick Reply: Is anyone else still waiting on injen CAI from AMTHOTMODS??