Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Is anyone else still waiting on injen CAI from AMTHOTMODS??

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2008, 04:21 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
told ya it was injens fault
Old 07-22-2008, 04:23 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Black Betty
I've purchased from Lou at Amplified and had great service. He seems like agreat guy. No problems there. That's not the point however. Before anyone bought from Lou, how would they know whether he was a good vendor or not? They wouldn't, they'd take a chance just like we did with AMT. Now we all know.

I'll most likely continue to buy from Lou and other vendors besides Lou. Whether it's for better price, wanting to supoort local vendors, or something he doesn't carry. Not because he's not a great vendor, he is. He's just not the only vendor.

How many more "you should have bought from Lou @ Amplified" posts do we need in this thread?
Because there has never been a case when Lou screwed over the members...

Trust me, 100% of what Lou Dog told me about the whole Injen situation has happened so far.

Back to AMT's case, no one knows where this guy is and what he is doing, and that shows his character of what he represents and stands for as an organization. When people say "you should have bought it from Lou" they are not saying it because they support him, because he is an honest guy and tries his best to get everyone on the same page.

Either way, I am glad everyone is getting their intakes ...soon.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:04 PM
SteveG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sTiLLBaLLiN37
Because there has never been a case when Lou screwed over the members...

Trust me, 100% of what Lou Dog told me about the whole Injen situation has happened so far.

Back to AMT's case, no one knows where this guy is and what he is doing, and that shows his character of what he represents and stands for as an organization. When people say "you should have bought it from Lou" they are not saying it because they support him, because he is an honest guy and tries his best to get everyone on the same page.

Either way, I am glad everyone is getting their intakes ...soon.
I couldn't agree more with this, I learned my lesson the hard way on this entire fiasco, next time I will buy from Lou or someone that people have vouched for from personal experience, even if it means paying a little extra, the peace of mind would have been well worth it in this case. Well I guess when my injen arrives it will go up for sale if anyone is interested because I just ordered the JWT Pop Charger last night. I guess I should have waited a few more days but I didn't want to lose out on the great deal on the JWT, ohh well, I guess I'll wait and see which one I'm going to end up selling after I get them both in my hands.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:14 PM
sTiLLBaLLiN37
Former Prez of LA G'Z

Received 24 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveG37
I couldn't agree more with this, I learned my lesson the hard way on this entire fiasco, next time I will buy from Lou or someone that people have vouched for from personal experience, even if it means paying a little extra, the peace of mind would have been well worth it in this case. Well I guess when my injen arrives it will go up for sale if anyone is interested because I just ordered the JWT Pop Charger last night. I guess I should have waited a few more days but I didn't want to lose out on the great deal on the JWT, ohh well, I guess I'll wait and see which one I'm going to end up selling after I get them both in my hands.
Just cancel your order from AMT, and order from Lou he had a couple in his shop when I was there.
Old 07-22-2008, 08:19 PM
SteveG37

What I'm curious about is how many people actually got their intakes from this AMT buy?? Do we know who on the list has received their intakes yet and who has not?? I am just wondering where we all stand as far as the list that was on the AMT site for delivery goes.
Old 07-23-2008, 02:38 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
told ya it was injens fault
How do you figure this was Injen's fault? The shortage of water bottles isn't in their control considering they aren't molding them in-house... Don't see how any of this is Injen's fault Jerry said they are shipping to those who paid first (which is how 90% of business is handled nowadays... And like i assumed in my previous post)... AMT should have told everyone in the community who bought from him where he stood on Injen's priority list instead of leaving our members in the dark...
Old 07-23-2008, 02:57 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
I tried to warn EVERYONE in the original Injen thread when the AMT price was posted. I had a terrible ordeal with John at AMT and it took 2 1/2 months and a Paypal escalation to receive my money back on emblems I ordered. He always runs ebay auctions with no item in stock and has the worst communication of any business I've encountered. My warning was deleted from the Injen thread for being "off topic" but for some reason the add for the price AMT was offering the intakes for stayed. My question is why would mods delete my warning about AMT but keep an add mentioning them?? That just set people up IMO. Plus, why did no one check their ebay feedback? It was absolutely terrible, something like 18 negatives in the last month alone. AMT FTL!!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:07 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
I tried to warn EVERYONE in the original Injen thread when the AMT price was posted. I had a terrible ordeal with John at AMT and it took 2 1/2 months and a Paypal escalation to receive my money back on emblems I ordered. He always runs ebay auctions with no item in stock and has the worst communication of any business I've encountered. My warning was deleted from the Injen thread for being "off topic" but for some reason the add for the price AMT was offering the intakes for stayed. My question is why would mods delete my warning about AMT but keep an add mentioning them?? That just set people up IMO. Plus, why did no one check their ebay feedback? It was absolutely terrible, something like 18 negatives in the last month alone. AMT FTL!!!!
I think I have an idea why your post was deleted...
Old 07-23-2008, 03:20 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

oh don't get me wrong, I was ranting completely off topic in that thread and my post should have been deleted. My point was the Mods should have given what I was saying an ounce of thought and deleted the AMT post also. Posting about AMT selling the intakes and the price was off topic also, and add the fact that a member says "hold up guys, this dude is shady" both posts should have been gone. I was just trying to warn my fellow forum brothers looks like it was not a success though, sorry guys!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:28 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Just a little something to think about though, AMT offered a much better deal then AMP did. We hear that same old story about I cannot post the price because it is to low nonsense and most vendors/businesses on forums tend to this this stuff. I know AMP was charging a bit more than AMT. If it wasn't for AMTs price being know who is to say that AMP wouldn't have kept their original price? Being a business that is in for a profit, they would have been stupid to lower their price because they felt like being nice. Competition lowers prices for us consumers and I am glad that AMT's price was shown to be lower because it lowered AMPs price from what I hear (Their new price wasn't made known). This same thing goes for Fast Intentions. FI lowered the price on the HFCs due to Berk selling theirs at a much cheaper price. Tony had to do this to compete which was great for us. I think you guys need to think about this as well. I don't care how good you think a shop is they don't lower prices because they are nice guys. They do it either to compete against other businesses or to get something out of you such as advertisement/their sticker on your car. As long as the people get their intakes from AMT, that will be what really matters. It sucks that they will have to wait for it but they did get a good price and because of this AMT offer it got the people who ordered from AMP a better price IMO!!!
Old 07-23-2008, 03:36 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

can you put a price on good customer service though? Saving some $$$ ain't worth over a months wait, IMO
Old 07-23-2008, 04:48 AM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Ok. I guess it not wise for me to comment on this thread and I've been trying to keep my fingers from typing but its so hard because my name and my shop name keeps on popping up.

First off, thank you for everyone that ordered parts from me and has nothing but nice and great things to say about us. I'm sure everyone that said" you should have ordered from Lou" meant well and are just watching over other members of this forum.

If someone didn't get an item from another company and a member of this forum would like to suggest to buy from me, I'm flattered but please suggest only and not use the common phrase " you should have". I think thats upsetting some people here.

Injen intake situation, I did what i had to do to as a business man, as a Vendor on this website and as a G37 OWNER. I personally called Injen to find out how the progress was about 4 months prior to release because i was getting excited at the progress. Everyone read about the aftermarket short ram intakes not making power as per Cobb and AEM. I went to Stillen's open house to personally talk to Injen about it and again, went to Injen's facility prior to release and spoke to the owner and sales people regarding the intakes. Why i went to great lengths? Because as a G37 owner, If i thought it look great under the hood, sounded awesome and actually get HP gains, Imagine how every other G37 owner would feel. So i ordered alot, and yes I was the first one and thats why they had to fill my order before anyone else got any. I've been around the manufacture game long enough to know that things get delayed and thats why I didn't charge anyones credit card until i was ready to ship them. I think thats only fair.

That being said, yes I've continued to try to get some quality products for our
community and of course, for business purposes. I do have to make a living like everyone else here. I have a shop to run and if my prices are higher its because i have overhead unlike internet companies that run operation out of garage. Yes i dropped my price like in some case because i got a better pricing for buying more than my original order. Did i have to do that? Well its for everyone to decide.

I've met some nice people through the forum. Some actually go to my shop just to hang out. If they vouched for me is thats great but i never gave anyone here anything to run our stickers. I did sent out a few stickers through the mail (out of state) because it was requested by them, not because i gave them a better pricing.

I've helped out other members here( you know who you are ) get partial sponsorship from different companies and or directed them to the right people for what.... nothing on my end. Just wanting to help.

Well i hope that's it.... wow i feel better
If I offended anyone in any way, my apologies. That was not my intent. I just wanted to clear some issues about my name being mentioned 1 too many times on this thread. Oh and pardon my grammar, its late.

Oh and by the way.. I have a few exciting toys for our cars comming up soon. Once i get permission from the manufacturer regarding release, I'll post them.
Old 07-23-2008, 09:50 AM
NJKSC27

^^ I applaud your post and your excellence in running your business. Thanks!

Old 07-23-2008, 10:53 AM
G-perz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is interesting. I almost ordered from them when AMP was out of stock. I have a rule about negative feedback on ebay (1 on the first page is too many). Unfortunately, I'm not really that smart, I had to get screwed till I was sore just to figure it out.

Anyway, this tooks like a simple drop-shipping organization. This is what the "get rich quick" programs are encouraging people to set up and use ebay to sell stuff without ever having stock.

Keep in mind, every business has the right to stop doing business at any time with no obligation to the customers. In fact, if the company has creditors or shareholders they have an obligation to continue to sell as much as possible even if they know they will never meet that obligation. That's a reason to get scared when a company starts offering things such as "lifetime power train warranties" or selling things below cost. This may be a last gasp to pay some valuable creditors prior to a bk filing or worse, pocket some cash and not pay any creditors.

I've even seen companies take pre-payment on construction contracts while they were selling all of their equipment. I think I've strayed enough.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:03 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by gamedog
How do you figure this was Injen's fault? The shortage of water bottles isn't in their control considering they aren't molding them in-house... Don't see how any of this is Injen's fault Jerry said they are shipping to those who paid first (which is how 90% of business is handled nowadays... And like i assumed in my previous post)... AMT should have told everyone in the community who bought from him where he stood on Injen's priority list instead of leaving our members in the dark...
I love how everyone always says Jerry this Jerry that... Let me tell you ... Jerry is a sales man and he is going to tell you what you wanna hear even if its not 100% true... I was being told by him via AIM about the whole AMPd vs AMT ordeal... I was told numerous times that everyone would have there intakes within the first 2 weeks they were released. Now... I am not going to say what was told to AMT cause I have no proof... but I do know What I was told... I was told that both Ampd and AMT would have all there orders filled within 2 weeks.
I know there was alot of studdering going on when delays were happening... I got PM after PM about all this when it was going down... and all I could tell people was what the Famous Jerry told me. I mean really... How truthful are the majority of carsalesman? Jerry is no different... he is going to sale the crap outta whatever hes selling no matter what...

Originally Posted by gamedog
I think I have an idea why your post was deleted...
And I have an idea why Injens are Fails...

Originally Posted by AZg37
oh don't get me wrong, I was ranting completely off topic in that thread and my post should have been deleted. My point was the Mods should have given what I was saying an ounce of thought and deleted the AMT post also. Posting about AMT selling the intakes and the price was off topic also, and add the fact that a member says "hold up guys, this dude is shady" both posts should have been gone. I was just trying to warn my fellow forum brothers looks like it was not a success though, sorry guys!
Yes you were OT... did you make a Thread about it?

Quick Reply: Is anyone else still waiting on injen CAI from AMTHOTMODS??