Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

The Reasons I Chose to go with JWT intakes over the INJENs

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:11 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Great info! Now you know how I felt when I had my speed 3 and driving through heavy rain with my cold air intake, it gives you a complex! lol

I hope the JWT does well, easy install, don't have to worry about hydrolocking and a reasonable price, but you never know, we may be buying them just for the sound until we get ahold of a dyno sheet.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:16 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Wait, you play High School football???
Old 07-11-2008, 11:20 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Price Is now into the next tier ....289.99 + Shipping...

One more possible decrease when more order... Get this Intake!! w00t!!
Old 07-11-2008, 11:22 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Black Betty
Wait, you play High School football???
nope, he plays bench warmer.

i think he coaches.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:24 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yup... Coach..... *blows Whistle*
Old 07-11-2008, 11:33 PM
maxipad96

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love my stillen intake. It's got the looks and uses a heat shield like the JWT. Intakes aren't going to make power on this car so sound/looks/safety has to be the main concern for all. I loved my JWT on my 350 back in the day. The heat shield/rubber seal did fall apart after a year though, so they aren't perfect either.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Staples

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I almost feel your comparison is one sided lol. 2 Pros for the Injen, 11 pros for the JWT. As for it not being "Flashy", who cares I don't drive with my hood open, I'll take performance / ease over looks anyday.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:44 PM
gxerboi750

Yup...

Originally Posted by NJKSC27
wow, Injen is just looking worse and worse...no good
Just my opinion, when i hear INJEN I think or WeaponR or TenzoR which are CRAP. Just an opinion...
Old 07-11-2008, 11:45 PM
Hpauto
Banned

Originally Posted by Staples
As for it not being "Flashy", who cares I don't drive with my hood open, I'll take performance / ease over looks anyday.
LOL
Old 07-12-2008, 01:24 AM
alti35

Originally Posted by erasat
Nice write up and good valid points.

BUT about the sound, I don't know if it's my Video Cam's Mic, but they sure sounds great, altough, I haven't heard the Injen in person. PMs may be the better to judge:

Buddy's G Short Video with hood opened:

Buddy's G Very Short Video with hood closed:

My G after today's installation:

Hey erasat, I noticed you are from P.R. I have '07 G35 Sedan and I'm planing on getting the JWT, also. I'm from Guaynabo, would you like to meet sometime to hang out with some of us here in San Juan. We usually get together in Montehiedra with another G35 Sedan, Porsche Boxster and a couple of STI's and EVO's.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:05 AM
erasat

Originally Posted by alti35
Hey erasat, I noticed you are from P.R. I have '07 G35 Sedan and I'm planing on getting the JWT, also. I'm from Guaynabo, would you like to meet sometime to hang out with some of us here in San Juan. We usually get together in Montehiedra with another G35 Sedan, Porsche Boxster and a couple of STI's and EVO's.
Hi Man.

Wel I think kendroz is the other sedan if I'm right?, He has invited me to meet at Montehiedra, I told him to keep me informed when you are going to meet so I can make arrangements at home with my girls. You know having 6-10 years old daugthers make things kind of complicated, Dance, Volleyball classes, etc... you know what I mean.

Let me know and I should be there.

BTW, I added you to the Group Buy List as Andy confirmed your order already.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:11 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by Staples
I almost feel your comparison is one sided lol. 2 Pros for the Injen, 11 pros for the JWT. As for it not being "Flashy", who cares I don't drive with my hood open, I'll take performance / ease over looks anyday.
Well you may not care for its looks but for an engine bay mod, looks are still important to a lotta people. The comparison may look one sided but that's because the choice is that clear. In a nutshell, the JWT is the choice by price, performance, ease of install, and for not being prone to hydrolocking. But the Injen needed a few pros for namesake and the looks was one of em' haha.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:20 PM
nestle_!9

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Well you may not care for its looks but for an engine bay mod, looks are still important to a lotta people. The comparison may look one sided but that's because the choice is that clear. In a nutshell, the JWT is the choice by price, performance, ease of install, and for not being prone to hydrolocking. But the Injen needed a few pros for namesake and the looks was one of em' haha.
hahah ,, if you want looks for an intake ,, wait for the ARC BOX and get the tubings ! that box is just plain nice,, really JDM
Old 07-12-2008, 02:38 PM
The1andOnly

^JDMly espensive is what it is lol. I love their products, but damn, wayyyy too much for me. I've always said that that ARC stands for "Aren'tReallyCheap". The funny thing is though, if you've ever actually looked at their catalog from japan, it's all black & white.
Old 07-12-2008, 02:46 PM
nestle_!9

Originally Posted by The1andOnly
^JDMly espensive is what it is lol. I love their products, but damn, wayyyy too much for me. I've always said that that ARC stands for "Aren'tReallyCheap". The funny thing is though, if you've ever actually looked at their catalog from japan, it's all black & white.
yeah not even colored! remind me of those anime/ cartoons comic books back in highschool that i used to read!

Quick Reply: The Reasons I Chose to go with JWT intakes over the INJENs