Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

JWT Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Da Hashi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jedmonds
O RLY....I did not know that...Guess I am a band wagon jumper after all...couldn't be because I just didn't buy into the injen hype, and didn't want to deal with the hassle of the install, repositioning the horn, replacement of the windshield wiper fluid canister, not to mention thinking about heat soak, potential to hydrolock and other concerns....
LOL drop the bandwagon shyte LOL....lets hear more on the jwt................hydrolock??yeah that will suck......imo heat soak? all intakes get that unless you vent the hood....it's sealed pretty good in there
Old 07-11-2008, 10:45 PM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Da Hashi
LOL drop the bandwagon shyte LOL....lets hear more on the jwt................hydrolock??yeah that will suck......imo heat soak? all intakes get that unless you vent the hood....it's sealed pretty good in there
I am sure there will be some heat soak with the JWT, but I don't think as much as the injen because since the JWT uses the stock tubing and plastic conducts less heat then polished aluminum, and there is a ton more polished aluminum on the injen then there is on the jwt...but thats just my opinion between the two intakes
Old 07-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Da Hashi

I am sure there will be some heat soak with the JWT, but I don't think as much as the injen because since the JWT uses the stock tubing and plastic conducts less heat then polished aluminum, and there is a ton more polished aluminum on the injen then there is on the jwt...but thats just my opinion between the two intakes
agreed.....i'm guessing that some others had past experiance with jwt? what makes it so differant from any other short ram intake? is the velocity stack style filter holder?.....k&n has a short ram coming out ...hopefully arc has one coming....waiting for blitz in aug....but truth.....i'm probably staying with stock.....kind of like the ram air style but we shall see LOL
Old 07-11-2008, 11:41 PM
nestle_!9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yep! conduction , insulation and all that physics stuff back in Highschool ,, more metal more heat
Old 07-11-2008, 11:47 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats! I'm glad you finally found one you're happy with. Can't wait to see the results with an ECU tune.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:40 AM
BiskitG37

Great job PMS!
Just want to say you've gone above and beyond for this forum, and not just paying for all the dynos. Big Thanks!
Old 07-12-2008, 01:43 AM
BiskitG37

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
what is up with this bandwagon bs anyways? its their money, they can buy anything they want with it.
Thanks for reminding us, Gigga.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:48 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Ok. Don't get Pi$$ed at me for saying this, It's just my thought's! I commend PMS for going above and beyond to help us all out by Getting some Dyno's done for us and herself! Congrats and Thnx! Now I just don't understand why everyone make such a drastic Judgemnt on the Injen, STILLEN, Fujita etc... by someone or some shop Claiming And posting a single Dyno! When I have seen no other pepole getting a dyno for these other Intakes themselves! Before you Bash and Write off the other Intakes! Yea I admit i was excited about a 14HP Gain! But I Knew that would never happen!! I mean One single Dyno, and with small Gains or Big Gains no one really know's! Since no other Stock person with a G here, has got a dyno themselves!?? And with JWT gaining like 1 HP more Over Injen and 2-3lbs Ft of torque over Injen, Everyone is Raving! I just don't understand! For me, I would no Write off anything till I try it myself, Not just going off a single cars Dyno's, them Wrtting it off because the car is Modded and did not gain this and that HP's!? Just wanted to add my Thought's to this very Strange and funny Action going on with this Intake! And Enjoyed reading all these rants over 1-2HP's! Keep the posts coming!

Last edited by 808MIKE; 07-12-2008 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:54 AM
nestle_!9

Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Ok. Don't get Pi$$ed at me for saying this, It's just my thought's! I commend PMS for going above and beyond to help us all out by Getting some Dyno's done for us and herself! Congrats and Thnx! Now I just don't understand why everyone make such a drastic Judgemnt on the Injen, STILLEN, Fujita etc... by someone or some shop posting a single Dyno! When I have seen no other pepole getting a dyno for these opther Intakes themselves before you Bash and Write off the other Intakes! I mean One single Dyno, and with small Gains or Big Gains no one really know's! Since no other Stock person with a G here, has got a dyno themselves!?? And with JWT gaining like 1 HP more Over Injen and 2-3lbs Ft of torque over Injen, Everyone is Raving! I just don't understand! For me, I would no Write off anything till I try it myself, Not just going off a single cars Dyno's, them Wrtting it off because the car is Modded and did not gain this and that HP's!? Just wanted to add my Thought's to this very Strange and funny Action going on with this Intake! And Enjoyed reading all these rants over 1-2HP's! Keep the posts coming!

i think people just want to make the most out of it from their money,, and just the hassle of installation ,, im my case, eventhough if the injen did make more HP (even 6 hp more for example) ,, i will still get short ram intakes,, just for my convenience ,, everyone has their own reasons why they went for this and not that
Old 07-12-2008, 01:55 AM
Hpauto
Banned

Ok. Don't get Pi$$ed at me for saying this, It's just my thought's! I commend PMS for going above and beyond to help us all out by Getting some Dyno's done for us and herself! Congrats and Thnx! Now I just don't understand why everyone make such a drastic Judgemnt on the Injen, STILLEN, Fujita etc... by someone or some shop posting a single Dyno! When I have seen no other pepole getting a dyno for these opther Intakes themselves before you Bash and Write off the other Intakes! I mean One single Dyno, and with small Gains or Big Gains no one really know's! Since no other Stock person with a G here, has got a dyno themselves!?? And with JWT gaining like 1 HP more Over Injen and 2-3lbs Ft of torque over Injen, Everyone is Raving! I just don't understand! For me, I would no Write off anything till I try it myself, Not just going off a single cars Dyno's, them Wrtting it off because the car is Modded and did not gain this and that HP's!? Just wanted to add my Thought's to this very Strange and funny Action going on with this Intake! And Enjoyed reading all these rants over 1-2HP's! Keep the posts coming!
Yeah I think you are right, its usually good to go into it w a "non biased" approach to each product. I think the issue w all the consumers is that the dyno number is much much lower than what was stated by Injen. Although it is just 1 single dyno.....the # was just much much lower. Even if the dynojet was off, it would be off by maybe 1 or 2 pts, and that would still put the # below 6. I think people would have been cool w Injen if the private dyno punched out 7-9 and they had stated a hp gain of maybe "up to 10" but 4 just seems a bit low, maybe Im wrong but thats the feedback Im getting.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:58 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ok. Don't get Pi$$ed at me for saying this, It's just my thought's! I commend PMS for going above and beyond to help us all out by Getting some Dyno's done for us and herself! Congrats and Thnx! Now I just don't understand why everyone make such a drastic Judgemnt on the Injen, STILLEN, Fujita etc... by someone or some shop Claiming And posting a single Dyno! When I have seen no other pepole getting a dyno for these other Intakes themselves! Before you Bash and Write off the other Intakes! Yea I admit i was excited about a 14HP Gain! But I Knew that would never happen!! I mean One single Dyno, and with small Gains or Big Gains no one really know's! Since no other Stock person with a G here, has got a dyno themselves!?? And with JWT gaining like 1 HP more Over Injen and 2-3lbs Ft of torque over Injen, Everyone is Raving! I just don't understand! For me, I would no Write off anything till I try it myself, Not just going off a single cars Dyno's, them Wrtting it off because the car is Modded and did not gain this and that HP's!? Just wanted to add my Thought's to this very Strange and funny Action going on with this Intake! And Enjoyed reading all these rants over 1-2HP's! Keep the posts coming!
+1

Unfortunately, seems differences b/t all intakes are negligible for our cars. Hopefully ECU tuning will change that. Oh well...guess its just looks and sound for now.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:46 AM
weave

I agree with you, one dyno does not really prove anything, but.....in the case with PMS, it clearly showed the difference between all the intakes with her existing mods in place (HFC and CAT back). So while not totally conclusive that the JWT trumps the Injen versus stock, it does show what worked better for her particular setup.

Yes, there is at least one other dyno out there for the CAI but the OP is not posting numbers yet (hope he will) and is slated for another round of pulls soon.

If these (CAI and SAI) prove to be equal, then it comes down to price, ease of installation and other risks....in each of these catagories there is NO arguing that the SAI beats the CAI in every category, every time.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:32 AM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hey C,

Any thoughts about getting your ECU reflashed and tuned to see what you can get out of all your mods together? Regarding bolt on's ... there's probably not much more people will do without going extreme. You can always sell you Injens to offset the price.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:57 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
If only they had an ECU reflash available that we could buy and get done. Still waiting on this......
Old 07-12-2008, 12:28 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Based on these comparisons, JWT is the better deal. Sure it was just a few more hp however this was on an already modded G. Going from stock this looks like it will make a difference.
The only other intake option I am wondering about will be if there is a (370)Z-tube coming out. But for right now it appears that JWT is the intake of choice.

Quick Reply: JWT Dyno