Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injens Intakes Independent Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 03:43 PM
b-dog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dyno

i would like to see the whole graph, does it make power through out the power band or are we just looking at the max power numbers?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
Pms1212

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Understood that she has other mods but I think she was expecting, and maybe for all the right reasons, to see a better gain than just 4whp when Injen is claiming 14whp on s stock G.

Wow, let's hope for those that bought the intake that it does produce a substantial amount of gain on stock setup. Then uh, don't mod anymore. Haha.
Yes you are totally correct with your first line. Did I expect 14whp NO NOT AT ALL. But to only see 4whp that is a little bit to low for me.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:44 PM
phdzine

Lets get some independent Stock G37 intake results.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:45 PM
TomG37

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Looks more and more like the pop-charger will be the better buy
Old 07-01-2008, 03:47 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by phdzine
Lets get some independent Stock G37 intake results.
We have some stockers on the forums receiving their intakes soon... I'm sure we'll see an increase. My guess is that a stock G37 with Injen only will see 8 whp, which is still a FAIL when Injen claims 14 whp.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:47 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Understood that she has other mods but I think she was expecting, and maybe for all the right reasons, to see a better gain than just 4whp when Injen is claiming 14whp on s stock G.

Wow, let's hope for those that bought the intake that it does produce a substantial amount of gain on stock setup. Then uh, don't mod anymore. Haha.
LOL for sure... but what happens when Injen releases their exhaust? do you have to then remove their intake to get max power from the exhaust?
So the intake will be 14whp alone, the exhaust will be +20whp alone
Together = 8hp FAIL LOL
Or wait, their exhaust will magically be the only exhaust that will make more power with the intake, of course. Everyone get ready for another shady sales scam.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
You guys make me laugh so much. Fail is the truth on injen's side, but ultra fail on all the group buyers side unless you like it for what it is. Max seems to be happy regardless cause there shiny and sound good. I was a firm believer in independant dyno before the group buy. But everybody was just so god damn anxious to take out front bumpers change bull**** resovoirs, window washer bottles, and rip horns from the engine bay. Comon Injen, grow some ***** and don't make what seems to be a good guy look like a cheat(gamedog). Rigging gamedogs dyno is a definate, and even more of a definate is that these sound good but produce less HP than one of my burps.

Edit: Also the ultimate fail goes to all the hypebeasts on the forum. This injen intake is officially dubbed the Kywame Brown of mods on the G37. Brown was drafted out of highschool to be the best center in the NBA. supposed to be great, then finally made it to the show. And failed.

Last edited by tfmbigdog99; 07-01-2008 at 03:58 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 03:49 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
LOL for sure... but what happens when Injen releases their exhaust? do you have to then remove their intake to get max power from the exhaust?
So the intake will be 14whp alone, the exhaust will be +20whp alone
Together = 8hp FAIL LOL
... Exactly my thinking!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:54 PM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks so much for getting this done and letting us all know what your results were.

I am no longer stock (HFC) so the results of a stock test mean little to me. I am also glad that mine is still not even built yet (wanted black). I now feel that this mod is not worth the time, headache, and risk (down so low)..... I will use my money for other mods in the future.

Thanks again for getting this done and sorry for your poor results!!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:58 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by weave

Thanks so much for getting this done and letting us all know what your results were.

I am no longer stock (HFC) so the results of a stock test mean little to me. I am also glad that mine is still not even built yet (wanted black). I now feel that this mod is not worth the time, headache, and risk (down so low)..... I will use my money for other mods in the future.

Thanks again for getting this done and sorry for your poor results!!!!
I think you're making the right choice!
Old 07-01-2008, 03:59 PM
fireboy

this is trully an EPIC FAIL AND I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY WIND SHIELD WASHER FLUID BACK FOR SURE...
Old 07-01-2008, 04:01 PM
fireboy

save your money for a real mod that will produce real power
Old 07-01-2008, 04:02 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by fireboy
this is trully an EPIC FAIL AND I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY WIND SHIELD WASHER FLUID BACK FOR SURE...
.... Wow...

That's so true!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 04:06 PM
b-dog

horse power

most of the product we buy i.e. exhaust, high flow cats, pulleys, intakes, are to free up restricted power. while still trying to keep in car legal on the streets, and with no cell light coming on. Sorry to hear that you made only 4 hps on your max numbers but did you make more in other places????? Also when you drove the car did it feel better. Did it feel like it had a little more power, was it smoother when accelerating on the highway or from a died stop, Those are some of the things I would like to know. I like my car quiet so my cats will be staying on, but if I can make the same power as her car with cats and still have a quieter car I'll very happy
Old 07-01-2008, 04:08 PM
cmjman

The reality is that if you really want to make some serious power, its going to come down to forced induction. I think they exhaust mods are great, but only for the sound.

5 hp here 5 hp there for NA mods just doesn't set my heart a fire.

That said.. at least you have some shiney pipes under the hood now!!

Quick Reply: Injens Intakes Independent Dyno