Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injens Intakes Independent Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 06:00 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
damn crazy *** thread.
Old 07-02-2008, 06:35 PM
herrjr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For everyone still open to more data:

My car is still ALL stock.
My baseline with a mustang dyno (at sea level, in the 60s) was 261whp and 211wtq with an A/F ratio of 11.6
My Injen was shipped today, so I should have it on Monday.
I will have my dyno shortly thereafter.

Be patient. I can't wait to find out myself.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:54 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by herrjr

My baseline with a mustang dyno (at sea level, in the 60s) was 261whp and 211wtq with an A/F ratio of 11.6

Great.... I dont think the temp will matter too much since INJEN dynoed GameDogs car in 114 degree weather...but whats your temp in your area averaging now?

Will you dyno Tuesday?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:15 PM
oct2274

hmmm, we definitely need to know if that is going to be available, otherwise a flash might be able to give he same or better performance. of course there are other things the access port has to offer beyond a flash.
Old 07-02-2008, 10:53 PM
Da Hashi

Originally Posted by herrjr

now thats how you post good info.............temp does matter!! by any chance do you know what your correction factor was?
Old 07-02-2008, 11:03 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Da Hashi
now thats how you post good info.............temp does matter!! by any chance do you know what your correction factor was?
114 degrees and gaining 14hp ... thats what i mean about mattering...
Old 07-03-2008, 04:00 AM
herrjr

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Great.... I dont think the temp will matter too much since INJEN dynoed GameDogs car in 114 degree weather...but whats your temp in your area averaging now?

Will you dyno Tuesday?
Assuming that I get it on Monday, I will install that evening. So fingers crossed, I'll get it dyno'd Tuesday evening. The weather in my area changes day-to-day, so whenever I get it tested it could be anywhere to from high 50s to low 70s.

Originally Posted by Da Hashi
I agree. I actually forgot to note down the humidy that evening as well, but won't forget the next time. In Edmunds testing, they also include wind speed, in addition to temperature, elevation, and humidity.

The baseline sheets have been attached to the dyno-sticky thread. I'm fairly certain that the numbers are uncorrected, but will confirm that when I get the next dyno. I also discovered that the entered weight for a vehicle plays a role in the numbers that the mustang-dyno outputs.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:03 AM
Abester000

neh

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
What are your mods?

This will be the best intake avaible for the G37 still IMO ... so unless your staying stock... Id pick this up cheap...
im stock and staying stock... was gonna get the intake but looking at the dyno's is stopping me.... plus 550 for 4whp aint worth it.....
Old 07-03-2008, 04:35 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I was not going to say anything, But I need to!! I see all these People not wanting to buy this Intake or the Dyno Shows this.....Shows That.... And everyone is Pi$$ed!. I laff at all this! you guy's don't seem to Understand what Injen said from the Beggining! the 14HP Gain came from a G37 that was Completly "STOCK" that means no Exhaust, HFC's or Aftermarket Air Filters!! Now if you have Mods already that Increase Breathing, you will not see a 14HP GAIN on the Dyno!! I bought mine, and waiting for it to arrive, and I have a 07 G35 Sedan. Stock. just got the Stillen Intakes right now. And I'll be happy if I get 10-11HP Gain. If Not I am still happy! you Guy's all Expected way to much from these. And Now you got everyone Not wanting them, you guy's should Just Chill and wait for a guy with an "ALL STOCK G37" to do a Dyno. Then make you Decisions. Sheesh never seen so much Negative Comments in a thread over a Single Person's DYNO!
Old 07-03-2008, 04:49 AM
MaDd

... i cant believe i read this entire thread ...

so ya.. everyone needs to cancel their group buy orders so AMP finally gets those black injen CAIs i've been waiting for!! hahaha

on a serious note, i loved the injen CAI on my g35c and expect nothing less from this one.. already know it sounds and looks just as good. +14whp is a plus, but i dont care if the gains are half that.. i dont mean my g37 to be a straight line speed freak.. if i wanted that, i woulda bought another car

Last edited by MaDd; 07-03-2008 at 04:53 AM.
Old 07-03-2008, 04:55 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
I was not going to say anything, But I need to!! I see all these People not wanting to buy this Intake or the Dyno Shows this.....Shows That.... And everyone is Pi$$ed!. I laff at all this! you guy's don't seem to Understand what Injen said from the Beggining! the 14HP Gain came from a G37 that was Completly "STOCK" that means no Exhaust, HFC's or Aftermarket Air Filters!! Now if you have Mods already that Increase Breathing, you will not see a 14HP GAIN on the Dyno!! I bought mine, and waiting for it to arrive, and I have a 07 G35 Sedan. Stock. just got the Stillen Intakes right now. And I'll be happy if I get 10-11HP Gain. If Not I am still happy! you Guy's all Expected way to much from these. And Now you got everyone Not wanting them, you guy's should Just Chill and wait for a guy with an "ALL STOCK G37" to do a Dyno. Then make you Decisions. Sheesh never seen so much Negative Comments in a thread over a Single Person's DYNO!
That makes sense for the individuals that are stock and are only going to stay stock. A lot of people in this thread are not stock though. Hopefully soon someone else dynos this system. But again, I don't care if a stock person does the dyno because I am not stock. I want someone with at least an exhaust to do the dyno to get me an idea how much this will help me and I think that is what other people see in this thread.
Old 07-03-2008, 07:22 AM
weave

Originally Posted by bboysteele
That makes sense for the individuals that are stock and are only going to stay stock. A lot of people in this thread are not stock though. Hopefully soon someone else dynos this system. But again, I don't care if a stock person does the dyno because I am not stock. I want someone with at least an exhaust to do the dyno to get me an idea how much this will help me and I think that is what other people see in this thread.

EXACTLY!!!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:15 AM
TimeMachine

Ok ,, Lets say the stock G picks up 10 hp ,,, 10 would be great,,No complaints there ,,,also when you open the hood they look great ,, But unless you find some way to get cold air to them there useless, not to say ,,why would anyone want to spend so much time to change the filter ,,,Ingen needs to re-think and come up with a better Idea,,,But so far it dosen't seem they care ... because people will still by them ,,,its just they way it is,, we never learn,
Old 07-03-2008, 10:14 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That argument can work the other way around. If a person already has an Injen intake, then adding exhaust won't do much. Then it would be "such and such exhaust can suck my *****"

In all seriousness, we need the AccessPort to come out. I have a feeling the stock ECU correcting A/F ratio is killing us. No matter what the mods (intake, HFC, etc)...you start adding more mods and the rate of return is going to diminish each time until we can unlock the ECU.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:39 AM
GiGGaplease

+1 infinity.

thats what i was about to say. who would just buy an intake as their only modification? hmmm, slim to none. the mod bug would bit them and they would be wanting more.

Quick Reply: Injens Intakes Independent Dyno