Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injens Intakes Independent Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
On the upside, she IS making 300+ to the wheels with just bolt-ons. That's pretty damn good. I'd like to see the entire dyno graph to find out what the gains look like all along the entire powerband instead of just focusing on that peak number. Carolyn, would you be able to post the entire graph?
Old 07-02-2008, 12:46 PM
Kuz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
lulz...

Last edited by Kuz; 07-02-2008 at 12:50 PM.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:51 PM
SkylineV36

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blackjack
We have some stockers on the forums receiving their intakes soon... I'm sure we'll see an increase. My guess is that a stock G37 with Injen only will see 8 whp, which is still a FAIL when Injen claims 14 whp.
Has anyone phoned Injen on this and called them out on this HUGE discrepency? IMO, this is false advertising and we there are legal ramifications.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:54 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Yeah good luck with that. For all of you new to this.....this is how it goes in this business. With the exception of FI, hardly anything does exactly what they advertise.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:31 PM
T-rek2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke to my friend he is a head mechanic for a professional drifting team all he does all day is tune engines. He specifically told me you have to dyno your engine with no other modds (the car has to be stock) and you have to drive your car hard for about 20 min. and then readjust the ecu to get the maximum gains out of the intakes. If you have an exhaust system the hp does not add up one over the other their is a maximum a car can add from plug on modds. Before evryone starts going crazy you should still wait to compare other people dyno's.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:43 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by T-rek2
I spoke to my friend he is a head mechanic for a professional drifting team all he does all day is tune engines. He specifically told me you have to dyno your engine with no other modds (the car has to be stock) and you have to drive your car hard for about 20 min. and then readjust the ecu to get the maximum gains out of the intakes. If you have an exhaust system the hp does not add up one over the other their is a maximum a car can add from plug on modds. Before evryone starts going crazy you should still wait to compare other people dyno's.
I concur
Old 07-02-2008, 01:51 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SkylineV36
Has anyone phoned Injen on this and called them out on this HUGE discrepency? IMO, this is false advertising and we there are legal ramifications.
Have you read the entire thread yet?

Old 07-02-2008, 02:20 PM
sumo8me

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
Have you read the entire thread yet?

haha, its a looong thread to read now, but yeah... thats been said many times. People are just venting... let them vent, haha. no matter how many times everyone says its not a simple 2+2, people will still be disapointed by this dyno.

I still want them though. Still seems like the best intake out there and like others said... it still sounds good and is shiney, haha.

I say its still a win just because it produced some sort of hp, while others had none or lost some. Besides, no one really believed it would produce 14 right?
Old 07-02-2008, 02:57 PM
oct2274

I'm finding it really hard to believe how disappointed and crazy people are going over this......she is already getting 300 at the wheels! You really can't expect much more then this without a flash or tune and you definitely can't expect it to be the amount of increase advertised with all the mods already done on her vehicle. I didn't realize how little fresh air was available where the injen intakes pull from. I really think for her to take advantage of these intakes she will now have to flash or wait for something like the cobb tuner to come out. She might also have to make some modifications to allow for more fresh air to get to the filters to really exploit their potential. Everyone really needs to chill out and wait till someone with a fully stock G dyno's both stock and after at the same conditions. I too believe that after the intakes are installed you will have to reset the ecu and drive it hard for awhile to allow the ecu to learn before anyone can make a true before and after comparison. Relax people and please stop posting who is looking at the thread! All that does is waste space and make the thread harder to read. I hope a mod goes through and cleans that junk up!
Old 07-02-2008, 04:18 PM
J.Oh

im going to dyno someone find a close affordable place to dyno i should have mine next week

zip- 07024
paypal - homelessfack@gmail.com if you want to help off set the cost of dyno
gonna get a baseline asap and then dyno after install hopefully the same day.
Old 07-02-2008, 04:43 PM
Abester000

i actually was about to call ampd and place an order but good thing i saw this thread... lol..
Old 07-02-2008, 05:36 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Abester000
i actually was about to call ampd and place an order but good thing i saw this thread... lol..
What are your mods?

This will be the best intake avaible for the G37 still IMO ... so unless your staying stock... Id pick this up cheap...
Old 07-02-2008, 05:46 PM
RealOne81

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
What are your mods?

This will be the best intake avaible for the G37 still IMO ... so unless your staying stock... Id pick this up cheap...
Yup some bitchy dyno thread isn't gonna deter me from getting this intake. Mine was shipped today!!
Old 07-02-2008, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by weave
Go back to one of my other posts....I bet you lunch that Cobb is going to say you must run stock intakes to use his tuner; just like he did for the G35. Leave the stock intake and get the Cobb, which is close to the same price as the Injen CAI, for more rwhp with HFCs and exhaust....just need him to release it.

Now, a question. If the stock air box is so good, why not just do all the other mods and reflash leaving it on the car? The gains should equal the CAI pulls we have seen thus far....and I am not even sure that 4rwhp wasn't just becasue it was a different day under different conditions....

All I know for sure is that this got way over-hyped and I, like most, got all spun up and had high hopes....maybe too high but now I am very disappointed. I never honestly expected to see 14 but damn sure wanted to see more than 4 for the amount of work involved in adding these to our cars.

I also suspect that unless someone shows a really good set of pulls on a stock car that this is going to kill the pricing on these and those that paid the full current price are going to be even more ticked off.
Yes on Cobb's off the shelf tune they will say don't use an Intake. Do you know how the AccessPort works though? Tuners can buy software and make custom maps/tunes that you load on your AccessPort then upload to the cars ECU. So a good tuner could take your car with all your mods and make a tune specifically for your car instead of some "one size fits all" tune.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:52 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 31337
Yes on Cobb's off the shelf tune they will say don't use an Intake. Do you know how the AccessPort works though? Tuners can buy software and make custom maps/tunes that you load on your AccessPort then upload to the cars ECU. So a good tuner could take your car with all your mods and make a tune specifically for your car instead of some "one size fits all" tune.
I was told that the ACcessport was only that way with subys... So you cant Custom tune with the AP on Gs and Zs yet....

Just what I was told by someone who knows...

Quick Reply: Injens Intakes Independent Dyno