Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injens Intakes Independent Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2008, 12:11 AM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 31337
So Cobb? Where are you?
Go back to one of my other posts....I bet you lunch that Cobb is going to say you must run stock intakes to use his tuner; just like he did for the G35. Leave the stock intake and get the Cobb, which is close to the same price as the Injen CAI, for more rwhp with HFCs and exhaust....just need him to release it.

Now, a question. If the stock air box is so good, why not just do all the other mods and reflash leaving it on the car? The gains should equal the CAI pulls we have seen thus far....and I am not even sure that 4rwhp wasn't just becasue it was a different day under different conditions....

All I know for sure is that this got way over-hyped and I, like most, got all spun up and had high hopes....maybe too high but now I am very disappointed. I never honestly expected to see 14 but damn sure wanted to see more than 4 for the amount of work involved in adding these to our cars.

I also suspect that unless someone shows a really good set of pulls on a stock car that this is going to kill the pricing on these and those that paid the full current price are going to be even more ticked off.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:16 AM
Pms1212

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ]\[ /-\ ]\/[
anyone wanna sell me their injen for $300?
Sure nam if you want mine I will sell them to you $300. plus shipping
Old 07-02-2008, 12:30 AM
SteveG37

Originally Posted by gamedog
Yes they did run tests for months and months but on stock 5AT's and 6MT's... They didn't touch a modded G due to the fact that every car will respond differently to different mods... They couldn't test a G with HFC's and exhaust and give us a total increase considering people are running 4 to 5different types of HFC's/Exhaust combos... So what was the easiest to do? Stick with a stock set-up and see what they get out of it... So that way it gains around the same amount of hp/tq.... I personally dont think my numbers were inflated IMO considering I baselined at ~280 hp like others have baselined on a Dynojet... And I saw these runs with my own eyes and can say that I never once saw them alter any kind of numbers or re-calibrate the dyno in between runs or anything... The runs were made on the same day under the same conditions... So are you calling me a liar and low-class dannbla? Im the one that handed them my key... I'm the one that came on here saying i saw the gains... Not Injen... One thing I don't do is lie bro, not online, not in person, not anywhere. I care about my character and would not sit here and tell the community something I was not sure of. I saw what I saw and let you guys know... One thing I do remember the folks at Injen saying is "We know guys are gonna dyno their cars, that's why we wanted to make sure our intake made decent power on a dyno before we just threw it out there"... You really think they didn't think this through?

I personally think everyone should wait for all the stock G's that are ordering this to see if their dyno shows as much of a gain as my dyno's did... That way we can compare this the right way... My Stock G37 w/Injen Intakes and another Stock G37 w/Injen Intakes... And if you want to narrow it down even more, compare a 6MT with mine (considering mine is a 6MT also, and the ECU's are different than a 5AT)... When they threw gmlee86's car on there, it made the same hp as mine did stock and made ~12 hp after the intake install, and he's a 5AT...
I bought mine based mosty on your word gamedog, and I still believe you and know you told all of us what you saw to help us make a better decision, regardless of what is now being said or posted. And I honestly believe we will see gains of 8-10HP for sure on stock cars. So let the haters continue to hate, as for me, I believe I took an educated gamble on my intake based on your info and the reputation of injen, and I don't believe you or injen tried to deceive us in anyway, haters can call me naive, but let's wait until the stock G's are dynoed before and after before you continue to flame Gamedog and injen!!!!! Why would injen ever blatantly rig a dyno when they know us enthusiasts are going to dyno them on our own?? To sell more units??? Please, their reputation is worth a lot more than 200 CAI's at a marginal profit after R&D, LMAO
Old 07-02-2008, 12:31 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
this thread is nutz
Old 07-02-2008, 12:37 AM
SteveG37

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
this thread is nutz
makes for great entertainment doesn't it, LOL!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:44 AM
J.Oh

Originally Posted by SteveG37
yup
Old 07-02-2008, 12:48 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
not really... i dont call a bunch of pissed off people battleing with people who still have hopes entertaining....

I almost think this has been discussed enough... because some of you guys are really showing your true intelligence
Old 07-02-2008, 12:57 AM
SteveG37

What I really don't understand is why so many people are getting pissed off based on one dyno where we are not even comparing apples to apples. I guess Max is right this has been discussed too much at this point and this thread is going nowhere anyway until some more dynos come out with a stock G before and after the injen CAI. Until then, that's it for me, have fun everyone, see you back when the next dyno comes in.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:00 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ Agreed. Seems like people didn't understand how mods work and bought the Injen under the assumption they'll gain double digit whp w/o tuning on top of the mods they already have. Goooood luck with that, lol. Nothing is really gonna go anywhere until the dyno with a stock G37 is done (+/- Injen).

Last edited by JLai; 07-02-2008 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:15 AM
NicksIvoryG37s

mmm stock G FTW!
Old 07-02-2008, 01:17 AM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
I almost think this has been discussed enough... because some of you guys are really showing your true intelligence
I agree...I'm quite surprised at some of the responses in this thread...if I wanted this kind of hilarity, I'd to a bimmer vs all forum...LOL
Old 07-02-2008, 01:21 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
hmm.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:27 AM
RealOne81

Why would injen ever blatantly rig a dyno when they know us enthusiasts are going to dyno them on our own?? To sell more units??? Please, their reputation is worth a lot more than 200 CAI's at a marginal profit after R&D, LMAO
QFT! Ill have my stock dyno up as soon as I get the intakes in this week.....hopefully.

Last edited by RealOne81; 07-02-2008 at 01:29 AM.
Old 07-02-2008, 01:34 AM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
^^ exactly their intake should be $250-300 dollars like the rest of the low gain intakes.
Customers bought these because they expected a 14whp gain, now those who were foolish to believe it want to change their reasoning to shiney pipes and sound...........
yawn**** you could have bought another for $200 cheaper, admit you got scammed. Injen never once came on here and said your car must be and "stay" completely stock to produce these gains, looking at the group buy list the majority of the people already have exhaust, if they knew this were the case Injen wouldn't have had half of the sales.
Since you all are so loyal try asking Injen for a modest $200 rebate and see where they tell you to shove it............

damn ur vendetta with injen sounds like their CEO raped your mom or something...chill homey its just a couple hundred bones...the car itself was about 38-43k for most of us i doubt $500 is gonna drive us bankrupt.

we'll either sell it or get a refund or stick with it and call it a day. no biggie, shoot. i could prob flip mine on eBay and get as much if not more than my AMT GB price. big F'in deal U win some U lose some. I dont get why all U cats that didnt get the intake are smoking in our slight bad luck like it's the best chronic grown to man
Old 07-02-2008, 01:37 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey gamedog, (hopefully you see this post) just a quick question. When they did the dynos on your car did they have your front bumper on during the dyno test? Just curious. No nonsense form others here, please.

Quick Reply: Injens Intakes Independent Dyno