Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injens Intakes Independent Dyno

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 10:59 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dannbla
How come when Injen was claiming the numbers they didn't put a disclaimer that if you have other mods you will see lower numbers. I would think a major company like Injen would have tested a G37 with mods and a G37 without mods. Weren't they running tests for the intakes for months and months, I would think that it would give them enough time to run accurate tests on both. Inflating numbers is one thing(even though thats still wrong) but all company's do it, but to delibratly flat out lie to have an excuse to charge people more money is just low class. I wonder if you could make a case through the Better Business Bureau. Injen knows that people will dyno their cars with their product, so do they just not give a **** or did they make a mistake.
Yes they did run tests for months and months but on stock 5AT's and 6MT's... They didn't touch a modded G due to the fact that every car will respond differently to different mods... They couldn't test a G with HFC's and exhaust and give us a total increase considering people are running 4 to 5different types of HFC's/Exhaust combos... So what was the easiest to do? Stick with a stock set-up and see what they get out of it... So that way it gains around the same amount of hp/tq.... I personally dont think my numbers were inflated IMO considering I baselined at ~280 hp like others have baselined on a Dynojet... And I saw these runs with my own eyes and can say that I never once saw them alter any kind of numbers or re-calibrate the dyno in between runs or anything... The runs were made on the same day under the same conditions... So are you calling me a liar and low-class dannbla? Im the one that handed them my key... I'm the one that came on here saying i saw the gains... Not Injen... One thing I don't do is lie bro, not online, not in person, not anywhere. I care about my character and would not sit here and tell the community something I was not sure of. I saw what I saw and let you guys know... One thing I do remember the folks at Injen saying is "We know guys are gonna dyno their cars, that's why we wanted to make sure our intake made decent power on a dyno before we just threw it out there"... You really think they didn't think this through?

I personally think everyone should wait for all the stock G's that are ordering this to see if their dyno shows as much of a gain as my dyno's did... That way we can compare this the right way... My Stock G37 w/Injen Intakes and another Stock G37 w/Injen Intakes... And if you want to narrow it down even more, compare a 6MT with mine (considering mine is a 6MT also, and the ECU's are different than a 5AT)... When they threw gmlee86's car on there, it made the same hp as mine did stock and made ~12 hp after the intake install, and he's a 5AT...

Last edited by Gamedog; 07-01-2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys still don't get it do you? No one has tested this on a STOCK car yet. Injen is claiming 14whp gain on a STOCK car. Injen has to be laughing their *** of at some of the idiots here. In the world of modding 2+2 doesn't equal 4.
Until someone has done before and after tests on a STOCK car, hopefully in the same day we'll never know.

Never Argue with an Idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. --Unknown
Old 07-01-2008, 11:00 PM
herrjr

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 29 (25 members and 4 guests)
herrjr*, 04STi208G37, 31337, bboysteele, caacosta, dhshadow, g35 rider, gamedog, GNLuver, JLai, jtree007, Lastchance, LSUg37, milelin, Pms1212, RYs06MT, Sir Smoke, SkyzDaL1m1T, sTiLLBaLLiN37, suprajjang, TheBigA, TimeMachine, weave, willizm

That's 1 in 10 out of the currently active users LMAO
Old 07-01-2008, 11:02 PM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lastchance
Relax, get the intakes (they look cool anyway). Add headers, HFC, and an exhaust....get your sh*t reflashed or wait for COBB......and have a blast. Go by feel not dyno's....

I do appreciate the technical imput though...but we need to remember this is suppose to be fun.

Word from COBB is, and I quote:

"YOU MUST USE THE FACTORY INTAKE SYSTEM ONLY. NO OTHER AFTERMARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS
CALIBRATION."

Now, that is for a G35 6MT, but he has also stated, in the past, that he does not recommend replacing the stock system.

I think it is best to sit and wait to see what shakes out of all of this....plus there are other systems yet to be released.

Last edited by weave; 07-01-2008 at 11:05 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:17 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by weave
Word from COBB is, and I quote:

"YOU MUST USE THE FACTORY INTAKE SYSTEM ONLY. NO OTHER AFTERMARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS
CALIBRATION."

Now, that is for a G35 6MT, but he has also stated, in the past, that he does not recommend replacing the stock system.

I think it is best to sit and wait to see what shakes out of all of this....plus there are other systems yet to be released.
yeah, an intake will never make 14hp. i want to see a stock dyno with a intake to prove me wrong.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:20 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by 31337
You guys still don't get it do you? No one has tested this on a STOCK car yet. Injen is claiming 14whp gain on a STOCK car. Injen has to be laughing their *** of at some of the idiots here. In the world of modding 2+2 doesn't equal 4.
Until someone has done before and after tests on a STOCK car, hopefully in the same day we'll never know.

Never Argue with an Idiot. They'll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience. --Unknown
if no one tested it on a stock car, how did injen get 14 hp gains?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:23 PM
ChOy BoY

stop posting whos viewing the thread who cares!!!
Old 07-01-2008, 11:24 PM
willizm

Did injen take the bumper off and blast 8 industrial fans at the intakes when they took the dyno??

I'm stock and I am set to get mine this week. If no-one else posts anything by this weekend then I'll suck it up and get dynos pre and post injen.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:31 PM
weave

There is no doubt that these mods do not stack and I am not so sure anyone on here actually expected them to....but for those of us that have other mods, couple the hassle, cost, and this new dyno revelation = NOT WORTH IT!!! Simple math to me. If the gains were closer to double digits, maybe. But for a measly 4rwhp I will now spend those $$$ elsewhere.

It will be nice to see the first dyno pulls on a stock G to see how well they stack.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:44 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well after reading the gains on this mod, it doesn't seem worth it to me yet! It could be worth it after an ECU reflash. The fugita (spelt it wrong I know) lost power but when the ECU was reflashed it produced gains over a stock air intake that was reflashed. I posted this before but I think the gains through the intake are going to be minimual if anything until an ECU reflash and because the Injen intake was designed to "trick" the ECU to get gains that was my worry with this system over another. The VVEL on our cars do not like extra air. My other thought which Pms1212 pointed out was were the intake input is located. It seemed to me to not be a good place to pull in air especially cold air. It will be interesting to see what this intake does after an ECU reflash. So in conclusion:

stock G37 + stock intake > stock G37 + fugita intake
G37 with exhaust mods + stock intake + reflash < G37 with exhaust mods + fugita intake + reflash

G37 with exhaust mods + Injen CAI = 5HP
G37 with exhaust mods + Injen CAI + reflash = ????

Last edited by bboysteele; 07-01-2008 at 11:48 PM.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 PM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
anyone wanna sell me their injen for $300?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:46 PM

Originally Posted by weave
There is no doubt that these mods do not stack and I am not so sure anyone on here actually expected them to....but for those of us that have other mods, couple the hassle, cost, and this new dyno revelation = NOT WORTH IT!!! Simple math to me. If the gains were closer to double digits, maybe. But for a measly 4rwhp I will now spend those $$$ elsewhere.

It will be nice to see the first dyno pulls on a stock G to see how well they stack.
Agreed. But read some of the posts here .. some people are expecting them to stack up. This is also an un-tuned car. Get a reflash or wait for Cobb to release the AccessPort then you will see more than 4hp gains with the intake. Even if she reset the ECU it won't matter. The ECU has to relearn with the new mods. I'd be curious to see another dyno in a week. The ECU could adapt and add more power, or lose power.

The computers in the G37 are pretty sophisticated and they do their best to keep everything within the parameters that Infiniti set. The only way to get around this is to change those parameters with a good tune.

So Cobb? Where are you?
Old 07-01-2008, 11:47 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

I'm actually laughing my as* off
How about they inflated their numbers to sell more parts, and don't want to get sued or offer rebates. That makes more sense.
Next when a stock car doesnt get those gains they will say it is the dyno's fault watch!
14whp with an intake maybe..... on a turbocharged car.

If any of you remember Mazda did that with the RX8, they said it was 250hp and it made 238hp and they had to give rebate checks to make up for it.

Everyone who bought should be pushing Injen to do the same
Old 07-01-2008, 11:50 PM

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
if no one tested it on a stock car, how did injen get 14 hp gains?
I suppose I should've used the word "independent" in that sentence. I know it was a 3rd party that claimed these gains but it was done at Injen's facility on Injen's dyno.
Old 07-01-2008, 11:51 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
I'm actually laughing my as* off
How about they inflated their numbers to sell more parts, and don't want to get sued or offer rebates. That makes more sense.
Next when a stock car doesnt get those gains they will say it is the dyno's fault watch!
14whp with an intake maybe..... on a turbocharged car.

If any of you remember Mazda did that with the RX8, they said it was 250hp and it made 238hp and they had to give rebate checks to make up for it.

Everyone who bought should be pushing Injen to do the same
^^^That makes no sense....if it lost power then yes but it gained 5HP. :/

Quick Reply: Injens Intakes Independent Dyno