Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 04:28 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Yeah I was pming you about Test pipes.. Because I like your products and Stillen products. And since STILLEN didn't make test pipes for this application and you did and I like your stuff so I pmd.. Which I never did get a price back.. If you could pm with a price I would like that... Thanks.. I have absolutely nothing against you what so ever.. Like I said I like both your products and Stillen products so I might back and forth between the two companies.. So if you don't want to sell me any test pipes then please let me know.. Take it easy bro!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:06 PM
leeladisky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Folks,
I am going to chime in here... No one is slamming anyone and yet this still is not constructive. Economics = supply and demand. The consumer will decide who will win in this race and here is my .02c: FI customer service is second to none - PERIOD. Marketing reports tell you that 9/10 people will post a NEGATIVE review before a positive - in other words, negative comments are more likely to appear than positive. All I hear, repeated for effect - ALL I HEAR, are postiive comments on FI, from both a build and a customer service standpoint. That means, A LOT! You hear very little, if anything positive about the other manufacturers except about thier claims for power. So let's speak about power: Physics are physics, and unless someone has learned to create new laws of physics, most of these systems will perform very close to each other - PERIOD. So it comes down to price and customer service. In my opinion, and I'm not alone, positive customer service is definitely worth the price - especially if something goes wrong, regardless of fault (i.e., warranty, component damage from misuse, etc.).

FI is simply, in most people's opinion, the BEST from both customer service and that, in and of itself, justifies their price.

In the end, there is not one FI owner that has anything bad to say about this organization. However, I do hear (read: see) posts that have complaints and negative comments about other manufacturers. It was THIS POINT, and THIS POINT ALONE, that confirmed which system I purchased. I could not find any negative comments on FI, not one... so, my comments stand - FI is a high quality product, company, etc. This is NOT to say that there are not other manufacturers that make a quality product, but FI has by far the best service....period.

L
Old 06-30-2008, 05:13 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Well if that's how you feel.. However I have been dealing with Stillen for quite a while now.. And they have offered me the best service that I have had in a long time from a performance oriented shop.. I will continue to buy and support STILLEN as long as they make quality products and keep up there excellent customer service that they offer... I'm glad that you have found FI to be your shop and I have found my shop STILLEN to be mine.. So I guess we can close this thread now.. Cause if not this will go on and on and on!!!! Go STILLEN!!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 05:34 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by FastIntentions
To address one more things that you stated. You said, "Here at STILLEN we manufacture and test everything in house. All of our manufacturing is performed to very high quality standards."
If this is the case, why are you selling a cold air intake for the G37 that you know rob's the car of power. I also know that when Import Tuner did the article on the Red G37 that they left out the coverage from the cold air intake because it LOST power!
Interesting. I'm currently shopping for an intake and wanted to get as much info as possible. I remember that G37/Stillen article from Import Tuner and was wondering why no intakes were tested. Was wondering if Kyle can respond to this point. Thanks in advance.
Old 06-30-2008, 05:38 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Tony,

I apologize if you took my reply as harsh or argumentative. And, I was sincere in what I said about your product being pulled from the article. I am sure Import Tuner wants to maintain their relationship on both sides so we might have heard slightly different stories. I am telling you right now, in all honesty, that Import Tuner came to us and offered to test the HFC's. We did not going crying to them, we did not threaten to pull our advertising. I am not going to go into the details of the happenings because I do not want to discredit a respected member of this forum but if you know the whole story...You know why Import Tuner made the offer to us.

Like I said, here at STILLEN we do not make it a practice to engage in open debates or arguments through internet forums. It takes away from the real function of these forums which is information sharing and general discussion of a great car. For you and I to go back and forth in some petty argument would make both of us look bad.

By posting the link to the Import Tuner article I was not trying to do anything other than offer a review of one of our products which was being discussed in this thread. After all, why would either of us pay to be site sponsors if we can't discuss our products?

I am not sure if people are expecting me to offer a rebuttle as to why your exhaust or HFC's are inferior to STILLEN but I am not going to do that. We would rather sell our exhaust on its merits rather than the possible downfalls of other manufacturers. We have our reasons for manufacturing our exhaust components the way we do and I would be more than happy to offer a complete explanation for any questions you might have. STILLEN has been in business for over 22 years. In 22 years we have done ALOT of testing on our dyno, streets, and race tracks to prove our designs and theories in performance parts.

As far as this discussion goes, I am moving on. My initial post in this thread was merely to offer a review of one of our products which was being discussed.
Old 06-30-2008, 06:05 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
Tony,

I apologize if you took my reply as harsh or argumentative. And, I was sincere in what I said about your product being pulled from the article. I am sure Import Tuner wants to maintain their relationship on both sides so we might have heard slightly different stories. I am telling you right now, in all honesty, that Import Tuner came to us and offered to test the HFC's. We did not going crying to them, we did not threaten to pull our advertising. I am not going to go into the details of the happenings because I do not want to discredit a respected member of this forum but if you know the whole story...You know why Import Tuner made the offer to us.

Like I said, here at STILLEN we do not make it a practice to engage in open debates or arguments through internet forums. It takes away from the real function of these forums which is information sharing and general discussion of a great car. For you and I to go back and forth in some petty argument would make both of us look bad.

By posting the link to the Import Tuner article I was not trying to do anything other than offer a review of one of our products which was being discussed in this thread. After all, why would either of us pay to be site sponsors if we can't discuss our products?

I am not sure if people are expecting me to offer a rebuttle as to why your exhaust or HFC's are inferior to STILLEN but I am not going to do that. We would rather sell our exhaust on its merits rather than the possible downfalls of other manufacturers. We have our reasons for manufacturing our exhaust components the way we do and I would be more than happy to offer a complete explanation for any questions you might have. STILLEN has been in business for over 22 years. In 22 years we have done ALOT of testing on our dyno, streets, and race tracks to prove our designs and theories in performance parts.

As far as this discussion goes, I am moving on. My initial post in this thread was merely to offer a review of one of our products which was being discussed.
Fair enough, I do appreciate your apology and I do know the story as well. However, I was referring to our cat back coverage being pulled not HFC's. The HFC's were down the line in the grand scheme of things.

Listen Kyle, I don't have any thing against you. I don't even know you. I am hoping that after this, you and I are done with this. So with that said, lets put it to bed. In the end I would like to think that we had the same goals, which is to offer the public the best product and service that they can get...

Thanks, Tony
Old 06-30-2008, 06:12 PM
Buddy Revell

Kyle, was wondering if you can respond to my intake question. Thanks!
Old 06-30-2008, 08:01 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
In reference to the FI/Stillen arguments above...
I think who has what on the Forums speaks for itself....

As I said, Quality speaks for itself...

Old 06-30-2008, 08:04 PM
weave

Well I personally think this thread brought about a good, spirited discussion and I applaud both Kyle and Tony. In the end they both represented themselves and stood for what they believed in.

Old 06-30-2008, 08:16 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
In reference to the FI/Stillen arguments above...
I think who has what on the Forums speaks for itself....

As I said, Quality speaks for itself...

Yeah, me and you have "neither" does that make us part of the elite
Old 07-01-2008, 01:59 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
I am not going to go into the details of the happenings because I do not want to discredit a respected member of this forum but if you know the whole story...You know why Import Tuner made the offer to us.
Id love to hear more about this member here that had a role in this... so by all means... discredit away
Old 07-01-2008, 02:04 AM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
^^ el presidente vs. Stillen round 2
bump* for exhaust in the private party section.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:09 AM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
Id love to hear more about this member here that had a role in this... so by all means... discredit away
max is trying to stir the pot. just give it a rest.
Old 07-01-2008, 02:19 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
max is trying to stir the pot. just give it a rest.
no stiring... I am just trying to figure out who he is talkin about...
Kyle PM me if you wanna keep it quite... I just wanna get to the bottom of this...
Old 07-01-2008, 02:45 AM
Buddy Revell

Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
To address one more things that you stated. You said, "Here at STILLEN we manufacture and test everything in house. All of our manufacturing is performed to very high quality standards."
If this is the case, why are you selling a cold air intake for the G37 that you know rob's the car of power. I also know that when Import Tuner did the article on the Red G37 that they left out the coverage from the cold air intake because it LOST power!
Interesting. I'm currently shopping for an intake and wanted to get as much info as possible. I remember that G37/Stillen article from Import Tuner and was wondering why no intakes were tested. Was wondering if Kyle can respond to this point. Thanks in advance.
So no clarification about this issue then? I'm disappointed that this question wasn't addressed by Kyle. Is this a reflection of the level of customer service I can expect there? I hope not. I'll probably have to look to other companies for intakes now (Injen or JWT maybe?). Hopefully, we see some third party dynos for some of these products.

Last edited by Buddy Revell; 07-01-2008 at 02:50 AM.

Quick Reply: Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi