Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 02:55 AM
bluenet123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks guys for your detailed infos.
I do believe both FI & Berks/Stillen are great products/Mods and
especially FI HFC has better quality finish.
Since all produce same HP/TQ increase, mind as well i just go
with FI since they install their HFC inhouse and it'll be easier to deal with.
I hope Tony hook me up with dyno cost.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:08 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^^Unfortunately they don't have a dyno yet.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:20 AM
bluenet123

Hmmmm...I guess I should find one local.
thanks for the info.
Old 06-28-2008, 03:22 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Like I said before... Berk and FI are almost the same... both are top quality with great Customer service... its a money thing... and if its cheaper on you to Go FI... by all means you should go with FI...
Old 06-28-2008, 11:16 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
If FI were local to me, I would spend the extra money to go with them. It's nice to be aable to deal with a company directly and worth paying a little extra for high quality work and personal attention. But if you are going to have to have the prduct shipped anyway, I would go with the less expensive one. Either way you can't go wrong (berk vs FI). I'm not as familiar with the Stillen.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:31 PM
kyle@stillen
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
I would only believe that if I saw it with my own eyes and you snaked the article away from us. A very reliable source from Import Tuner told me that SOMEONE from your company complained that you weren't getting the coverage that you felt you deserved. They also said that your representative threatened to pull your sponsorship from Import Tuner if they didn't do the article on your product.

So why should anyone believe what anyone from your company tells them. Especially from a magazine. Lets see some independent dyno's shall we.

But what I can show you is quality, look for yourself and you will see the differences in the Stillen cats VS. Fast Intentions.

I know some of you will look at this reply from me and think I am bashing Stillen. First off, let me say I am not I am only stating what events that actually took place. In addition these pictures were taken by a customer and given to me. The product speaks for itself and if you want to pay for the name and in my opinion receive lesser customer service and this kind of mass produced quality then go for it.

As for the Berk's, yes some of you are correct. They use the same catalytic converter as us and the design is almost the same. So with that said the numbers will be very comparable.

Again, let me apologize to all of you the consumers ahead of time. Please dont let any of what I have written offend you. It is not directed at any of you. Yes, we as a company feel that Stillen took our magazine coverage out from right under us. They bullied the magazine in to covering there product and in my book that isn't cool. So please take it as you will...

Tony
Tony,

This a very interesting reply. I am not one to get involved in public debates with other companies as I do not think it does anything but make both companies look bad. With that being said, I will clear up some things you mentioned.

STILLEN never once demanded that Import Tuner remove your products and replace them for ours. That offer was made to us by Import Tuner.

STILLEN has never "bullied" a magazine into doing anything for us. We have great relationships with the magazines we work with. Why would we sacrifice a good relationship for something as simple as coverage on high flow cats? I don't think so...

Here at STILLEN we manufacture and test everything in house. All of our manufactuing is performed to very high quality standards. Not only do we manufacture our own parts, but we also manufacture exhaust systems for the second largest automotive manufacturer in the U.S. In addition we are the first and only supplier of aftermarket parts to be recognized for outstanding quality in the history of this O.E. manufacturer. Normally this award is reserved for their standard production manufacturers.

To say that the customer will receive better service through your company than through our company is a pretty interesting claim. You have no first hand experience with our customer service, therefore you have nothing to base that claim off of.

Like I said, I do not believe that getting into public debates does anything to help the end user so I will end my reply with this...

STILLEN is a company of enthusiasts and racers. We are always 100% confident in our products and we are always willing to back them up. Independent dyno's (such as the Import Tuner test) have already been done on our high flow cats.

Like I said, we do not make it a habit to argue with other companies on public forums. I apologize if you feel your company received the short end of the stick. However, Import Tuner made the offer to test our high flow cats to us. And, because we're never afraid to back down from a product test...We supplied them with the parts they asked for.

Last edited by kyle@stillen; 06-30-2008 at 12:34 PM.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:46 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Kyle,

I was told something completely opposite from my source at Import Tuner as to what you are stating. However, at this point I really dont know who is telling the truth and honestly dont care. What I do know is that I received a phone call from Import Tuner with the unfortunate news about our coverage. So either way you have to see how it looks from my end! Lastly for this topic, I dont know if the apology is genuine. But, if it is, then thank you I appreciate it.

As for your cats, I know that they make power. Yours, ours and Berk's are virtually the same cat. They will make the same power. However, the quality is not on the same level. I know you night think I am speaking a little harsh, but pictures don't lie and no company who mass produces on any level will be a able to compete with the quality of something that is hand built on a much smaller level. Example: compare a Honda to a Rolls Royce. There is no comparison.

As far as customer service, yes I have had first hand experience with your company as a consumer. Years ago before I owned a business and I was displeased with the way I was treated with the service. With that said I took my business elsewhere. I know it is not always us as business owners that are at fault. I know that some consumers can be unbearable to deal with. However, I hear ALOT that your company has sub par customer service. I understand that when a company grows to the level of where you are at, it becomes hard to maintain excellent customer service. Still, that is no excuse to lack in customer service. I can promise you one day when my company is as large as yours, it will be (I like to think optimistically). The customer service will STILL be our number one goal.

To address one more things that you stated. You said, "Here at STILLEN we manufacture and test everything in house. All of our manufacturing is performed to very high quality standards."
If this is the case, why are you selling a cold air intake for the G37 that you know rob's the car of power. I also know that when Import Tuner did the article on the Red G37 that they left out the coverage from the cold air intake because it LOST power!

I have said everything that I wanted to say and my peace has been stated...

Tony
Old 06-30-2008, 03:53 PM
SubSurface

Thank God for Tony!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Dude Fast intentions.. The comments that you make are totally uncalled for.. If you don't like STILLEN then keep it to yourself.. You always make these huge proffesional nice sounding rude comments.. You don't see them talking trash about you.. So how about you return the favor...
Old 06-30-2008, 04:05 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
I think we can all resolve this by Stillen inviting me down personally to have their intake and hfc's installed and dyno'd on my car to prove they make power and put all the negative comments to rest
Old 06-30-2008, 04:07 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by RYs06MT
I think we can all resolve this by Stillen inviting me down personally to have their intake and hfc's installed and dyno'd on my car to prove they make power and put all the negative comments to rest
^Now we're talkin...
Old 06-30-2008, 04:11 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
For real!!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:15 PM
maxipad96

Sucks that the story got pulled from you, but bottom line is money talks. How do you think these magazines turn a profit? Big time companies pay PR firms to pitch their products to the magazine. In return for stories written about their products, manufacturers pay to advertise in the mag. It's all business. Whining about it just makes it seem like a crybaby. Unfortunately the best products don't always get the write-up. If your product is truly better (which it looks like it is), the public will eventually recognize this then purchase yours. Making you more money, which in turn you could reinvest into magazines and get that premium placement you so desire. Until then just understand that's business.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:19 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by jks toy!
Dude Fast intentions.. The comments that you make are totally uncalled for.. If you don't like STILLEN then keep it to yourself.. You always make these huge proffesional nice sounding rude comments.. You don't see them talking trash about you.. So how about you return the favor...
Wow, this came out of left field. Last I checked you were sending me PM's back and forth about test pipes. You have it twisted, I don't have anything personal against Kyle, or anyone else at Stillen. The negative horsepower numbers have come from customers comments. I also have inside information that the intake's didn't make any more power for the Import Tuner write up. You can attak me if you want but I have been tierd of the large companies for years treating the customers the way that they do. I am only defending all of of you, so if you love Stillen that much buy from them!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:24 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by maxipad96
Sucks that the story got pulled from you, but bottom line is money talks. How do you think these magazines turn a profit? Big time companies pay PR firms to pitch their products to the magazine. In return for stories written about their products, manufacturers pay to advertise in the mag. It's all business. Whining about it just makes it seem like a crybaby. Unfortunately the best products don't always get the write-up. If your product is truly better (which it looks like it is), the public will eventually recognize this then purchase yours. Making you more money, which in turn you could reinvest into magazines and get that premium placement you so desire. Until then just understand that's business.

Aside of the Whining comment, it is not my place to state who's product is truly better. That is in the hands of the consumer. In 4 short months we have sold over 75 cat back exhaust systems for the G37. That speaks for itself. In addition, we have had all positive write ups and 4 of those customers were repeats from previous G35 owners!

Truthfully I would of never chimed in this thread if KYLE from Stillen wasn't tooting his own horn...

Tony

Quick Reply: Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi