Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Berk Berk Berk... cheaper... so unless you hate money...

I had mine installed for i think 80 bucks i think...

But for arguements sake... Berk and FI are 99% the same... neither will have different horsepower numbers...Both are TOP QUALITY...

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 06-27-2008 at 09:14 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 06-27-2008, 09:06 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle@stillen
Hey guys,

Check out the article that Import Tuner wrote up on our exhaust combination...

http://blog.stillen.com/category/media/

13 HP off the high flow cats ALONE!!!
I would only believe that if I saw it with my own eyes and you snaked the article away from us. A very reliable source from Import Tuner told me that SOMEONE from your company complained that you weren't getting the coverage that you felt you deserved. They also said that your representative threatened to pull your sponsorship from Import Tuner if they didn't do the article on your product.

So why should anyone believe what anyone from your company tells them. Especially from a magazine. Lets see some independent dyno's shall we.

But what I can show you is quality, look for yourself and you will see the differences in the Stillen cats VS. Fast Intentions.

I know some of you will look at this reply from me and think I am bashing Stillen. First off, let me say I am not I am only stating what events that actually took place. In addition these pictures were taken by a customer and given to me. The product speaks for itself and if you want to pay for the name and in my opinion receive lesser customer service and this kind of mass produced quality then go for it.

As for the Berk's, yes some of you are correct. They use the same catalytic converter as us and the design is almost the same. So with that said the numbers will be very comparable.

Again, let me apologize to all of you the consumers ahead of time. Please dont let any of what I have written offend you. It is not directed at any of you. Yes, we as a company feel that Stillen took our magazine coverage out from right under us. They bullied the magazine in to covering there product and in my book that isn't cool. So please take it as you will...

Tony
Attached Thumbnails Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi-img_3981.jpg   Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi-img_3984.jpg   Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi-img_3983.jpg   Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi-img_3985.jpg   Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi-img_3986.jpg  

Last edited by FastIntentions; 06-27-2008 at 09:28 PM.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:32 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Quality speaks for itself guys... Take a look at the pics!!
Old 06-27-2008, 10:14 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
I would only believe that if I saw it with my own eyes and you snaked the article away from us. A very reliable source from Import Tuner told me that SOMEONE from your company complained that you weren't getting the coverage that you felt you deserved. They also said that your representative threatened to pull your sponsorship from Import Tuner if they didn't do the article on your product.

So why should anyone believe what anyone from your company tells them. Especially from a magazine. Lets see some independent dyno's shall we.

But what I can show you is quality, look for yourself and you will see the differences in the Stillen cats VS. Fast Intentions.

I know some of you will look at this reply from me and think I am bashing Stillen. First off, let me say I am not I am only stating what events that actually took place. In addition these pictures were taken by a customer and given to me. The product speaks for itself and if you want to pay for the name and in my opinion receive lesser customer service and this kind of mass produced quality then go for it.

As for the Berk's, yes some of you are correct. They use the same catalytic converter as us and the design is almost the same. So with that said the numbers will be very comparable.

Again, let me apologize to all of you the consumers ahead of time. Please dont let any of what I have written offend you. It is not directed at any of you. Yes, we as a company feel that Stillen took our magazine coverage out from right under us. They bullied the magazine in to covering there product and in my book that isn't cool. So please take it as you will...

Tony
hmmm....i wonder what a FI vs Stillen HFC dyno would do...any volunteers?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:31 PM
Lou@Amplified
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
y bother, no comparison whatsoever on quality..

FI, best quality made in house
Old 06-27-2008, 11:36 PM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Well I would get the Stillen or Berk technology ones.. All of them seem to be good quality but I have companies that I prefer to deal with.. Bump for Stillen and Berk Technology... The Berk Technology test pipes have that bracket welded to them for bracing.. That bolts to the tranny.. Fast intentions doesn't have them...
Old 06-27-2008, 11:39 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Tony,

Since you posted up the side by side comparison, it raised some questions for me.

Why is there an extra O2 bung there near the flange that is plugged? Is that flange just held on by one tack weld rather than a solid bead all the way around the piping?
Old 06-27-2008, 11:42 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jks toy!
Well I would get the Stillen or Berk technology ones.. All of them seem to be good quality but I have companies that I prefer to deal with.. Bump for Stillen and Berk Technology... The Berk Technology test pipes have that bracket welded to them for bracing.. That bolts to the tranny.. Fast intentions doesn't have them...
has anyone heard of tranny flex1?!?!?!?!?!?!!
Old 06-28-2008, 12:12 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Oh let's not start this whole tranny brace topic again. That is an issue that should of been put to bed months ago. As far as our welds, it is completely welded on the inside. The STITCH weld on the outside is for added strength. It is noticeable in the second picture from the left. The picture of the flange on the left is ours.

For the extra bung that is capped. That is for an extra wideband O2 sensor or for tuning on the dyno. Some companies put the bung after the cats however, optimal readings for air fuel from the dyno should be taken as close to the engine as possible. This way you will get a more accurate reading on air fuel.

Last edited by FastIntentions; 06-28-2008 at 12:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:19 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

guys if you want quality... you cant go wrong with Berks or FI...

/Thread

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 06-28-2008 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:53 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Originally Posted by FastIntentions
Oh let's not start this whole tranny brace topic again. That is an issue that should of been put to bed months ago. As far as our welds, it is completely welded on the inside. The STITCH weld on the outside is for added stregnth. It is noticable in one of the other pictures.
I've never seen them in person and in the photo it looks like it's just tacked on. I knew this wasn't likely to be the case or people would have been pissed and sending them back, but that's what it looks like in the pic.
Old 06-28-2008, 01:00 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

We have noticed over the years that leaving the brackets out of the equation have worked out better for us. Our warranties have been to the absolute minimum. (Quality parts) Keep in mind we have been making test pipes and resonated test pipes for these cars since day one before any other company. Way back in 2003 when the first 350Z was introduced I prototyped them the same way that they are built today.

If you feel that you need to buy a product from one of these other companies that uses brackets, I fully understand. It is purely preference and as long as you feel that they are taking care of you that is all that should matter...

Tony
Old 06-28-2008, 01:02 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by Black Betty
I've never seen them in person and in the photo it looks like it's just tacked on. I knew this wasn't likely to be the case or people would have been pissed and sending them back, but that's what it looks like in the pic.
How does it look like that? You can clearly see that it is welded all the way around on the inside. You can also go to our website and see a close up picture of a flange on our 350Z page:

http://www.fastintentions.com/exhaus...ti_default.htm
Old 06-28-2008, 01:08 AM
VRG37S

Received 44 Likes on 42 Posts
Well Tony you seem like your really knowledable on this topic about exhaust components... Now that you have explained that bracket issue to me.. It doesn't concern me as much anymore... Also thanks for taking the time to fully explain that issue and clarify any issues concerning it... Have you had any luck with eliminating the check engine light do to the test pipes????
Old 06-28-2008, 01:12 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Well Tony you seem like your really knowledable on this topic about exhaust components... Now that you have explained that bracket issue to me.. It doesn't concern me as much anymore... Also thanks for taking the time to fully explain that issue and clarify any issues concerning it... Have you had any luck with eliminating the check engine light do to the test pipes????
Oh yeah we have a solution for that as well. No BS its true!!!

Quick Reply: Which Will Be A Better Hfc/performance Wise - Stillen, Berk Or Fi