Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injen Intakes @ Stillen

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Injen Intakes @ Stillen

Stillen has the Injen Intake posted plain as day for $540. Just an FYI.

I'd check out some of their prices on other parts offered by vendors on this forum. You may find that some forum vendors are not hooking you up like you all think. (i.e. Tanabe exhaust, greedy exhausts, and Injen intakes for $700, ha, but introductory price of 555 or something.) If your going to set up group buy deals make them actual deals please!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:43 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
"Stillen has always sold injen products though."

Yea but I'm just kinda surprised when they're selling a direct competition since Stillen has their intakes too for G37.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:46 PM
The1andOnly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They are deals if you compare to what the list price is gonna be in a few weeks or even next month. Many of the vendors here are smaller companies and are just looking to get their name out with these types of deals.

The only reason why Stillen can offer it at this price is because there a bigger company compared to the vendors on the stie that are just after market shops.

Let's not forget these shop owners have expenses of their own as well.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:47 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by ucla bruin
"Stillen has always sold injen products though."

Yea but I'm just kinda surprised when they're selling a direct competition since Stillen has their intakes too for G37.
Yeah, but I guess that's why Stillen is different from the other companies like Injen, Greddy, HKS etc, since they offer all products and brands. That's kinda what they hang their hat on.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
^Cool, competition=win for the buyers.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:50 PM
The1andOnly

Exactly!
Old 06-12-2008, 03:55 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by The1andOnly
They are deals if you compare to what the list price is gonna be in a few weeks or even next month. Many of the vendors here are smaller companies and are just looking to get their name out with these types of deals.

The only reason why Stillen can offer it at this price is because there a bigger company compared to the vendors on the stie that are just after market shops.

Let's not forget these shop owners have expenses of their own as well.
Trust me i understand it has to be hard to compete with larger companies, but wholesale is wholesale. So they are determining their mark up. This whole business of the first round being cheaper, if anything the first round should be the most expensive to try to make up for the R&D if the product flops, not after we find out its a success and jack up the price to $700, why would one vendor have to start charging $700 after a point, but others will be able to charge the regular retail price.

Being a small shop they should meet competitors prices, but be able to offer a more personalized service. That's the only way they would earn my trust over a large vendor such as stillen.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:56 PM
NicoDeLorenzo

From the pictures they look like a different set of intakes. They look short and have a cover almost like the stillen ones. It is possible that they are not the same ones from the group buy, but they call them CAI because they have the shield on them.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:59 PM
Graham
Premier Member

Originally Posted by NicoDeLorenzo
From the pictures they look like a different set of intakes. They look short and have a cover almost like the stillen ones. It is possible that they are not the same ones from the group buy, but they call them CAI because they have the shield on them.
They are probably using a stock photo of another intake of their as they probably have had the marketing dept. take the photos for catalog shots.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:06 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by Graham
Trust me i understand it has to be hard to compete with larger companies, but wholesale is wholesale. So they are determining their mark up. This whole business of the first round being cheaper, if anything the first round should be the most expensive to try to make up for the R&D if the product flops, not after we find out its a success and jack up the price to $700, why would one vendor have to start charging $700 after a point, but others will be able to charge the regular retail price.

Being a small shop they should meet competitors prices, but be able to offer a more personalized service. That's the only way they would earn my trust over a large vendor such as stillen.
The reason being the whole "first round being cheaper" is to get the product out so the demand rises if the product is good so they can sell it for their price. Especially with this product, Injen just had to lower thier price for the first batch. There were so many people that pulled the trigger after they say the group buy price since they could'nt find a good reason to spend $700 on an intake kit.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:07 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by Graham
They are probably using a stock photo of another intake of their as they probably have had the marketing dept. take the photos for catalog shots.
Yeah, Stillen's known for doing that with their catalog. Their catalog has had the same pics for the past three years.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:09 PM
crispy21

I just came from amplified and I paid less then what stillen charges
Old 06-12-2008, 04:15 PM
The1andOnly

That's cause Lou's not charging locals for shipping, and Stillen's price includes shipping.
Old 06-12-2008, 04:23 PM
ChOy BoY

they do look different..
Old 06-12-2008, 04:25 PM
gan78mao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so local pick up 500? lol!

Quick Reply: Injen Intakes @ Stillen