Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*Latest Update on Injen Intakes*

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 05:36 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
*Latest Update on Injen Intakes*

Alright everyone I know theres been a lot of re-posted questions on the intake so i'm just giving you guys a heads up on where it stands right now... Figured I'd do this for the newer members who don't feel like reading all those pages in my previous post...

The intake will be available to our community as soon as the Windshield Washer Reservoir Bottles are in from the company molding them... They aren't being made at Injen so Injen has no way to "speed" the process up besides telling the company to hurry up (which they have been, just got off the phone with Paul @ Injen yesterday)... So as soon as those are in, production will start...

Another topic that has been brought up about these intakes is the possibility of Hydro-lock (water being sucked into the engine through the intakes and ruining the engine)... There is a VERY SLIGHT possibility of this considering where they are located... I say VERY SLIGHT because unless you are driving through ten inches deep of water, you will be fine... I just drove through a really bad rainstorm on my way home from San Francisco over the weekend and had ZERO issues (while traveling at 80+ mph BTW...) The bumper and under engine cover/skid plate cover the filters from pretty much all road hazards including water...

Now pricing is not going to be out of this world either... I know a lot of you are saying that because it is two intakes instead of one that its gonna be double the price that it was for the G35 intake... I highly doubt it... I'm honestly guessing it's gonna be in the $400 range... Injen knows how many of you want these and they aren't going to inflate the pricing and screw us over... Group Buy is still in the works with a vendor here and as soon as we get the ok, he will start taking pre-orders...

Power-wise, It is definitely there. Not a doubt in my mind. 14 hp/10 tq is what it did on the dyno and it WAS NOT MESSED WITH. I know there are lots of speculators out there and I don't blame you, but keep in mind that these dynos were made right in front of me (& gmlee86). This is the same Dynojet dyno that rated my car at 279 hp stock (278 hp for gmlee86, got you by one stallion LOL) just like other independent Dynojets have for other members of the forum... So to say the dyno is "rigged" is false in my opinion...

They will be available (last I heard) in a polished aluminum finish & a polished black finish...

I know this is kind of a long post but I just wanted to give everyone an update on these. Hopefully I covered all the bases and if I missed something, please ask questions and I will try to answer them as best as I can... As soon as I get more info I will continue to let the community know. Have fun Modding!

gmlee86's Dyno:
http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/n...n_Dyno_5AT.jpg
My dyno:
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Injen Intake Dyno.pdf (141.1 KB, 260 views)
Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
NO POST WHORING IN THIS THREAD. THE OTHER ONE GOT OUT OF HAND WITH THE SAME QUESTIONS OVER AND OVER.

Keep this one Clean
Old 05-28-2008, 06:40 PM
0to60

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question: If installing the Injen requires bumper removal - does that mean that changing/cleaning toe cone filters will also require bumper removal????? or is it just the installation?

Hey Gamedog...above question came from a different thread. Do you know the answers?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:40 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did Paul or Byron tell you when I was getting mine David?

Originally Posted by 0to60
Question: If installing the Injen requires bumper removal - does that mean that changing/cleaning toe cone filters will also require bumper removal????? or is it just the installation?

Hey Gamedog...above question came from a different thread. Do you know the answers?
Yes the bumper needs to come off to clean the filter, but you shouldn't have to clean it all that often

Originally Posted by gamedog
Yeah as soon as those darn Bottles come in they'll give you a call... Paul was pretty upset when he told me they weren't in yet when I talked to him yesterday...
Nice!!!! Tell P&B Racing that I want the black tubes

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 05-31-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:45 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by gmlee86
Did Paul or Byron tell you when I was getting mine David?
Yeah as soon as those darn Bottles come in they'll give you a call... Paul was pretty upset when he told me they weren't in yet when I talked to him yesterday...

Originally Posted by Kidcane
They did not even guestimate how long it would be?
They should have gotten the new Windshield Washer Bottles in already (like yesterday)... But not having them threw off their scheduling... Bottles should be in soon though...

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 05-31-2008 at 09:44 PM.
Old 05-28-2008, 09:34 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Originally Posted by NJKSC27
i am sure it has been answered but is it 100% absolutely positive that you have to remove the bumper for the install? When installing my Injen CAI on my TSX that was the case too and after alittle elbow grease we turned the wheel and peeled back the wheel well wall and we were able to do our work like that.
Yes its required, but by all means give it a try and find out
Old 05-29-2008, 10:35 AM
dmx434343

so if the bottles come in does that mean they will begin taking orders/shipping?
Old 05-29-2008, 12:08 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Yeah I know that last thread was SUPER LONG! But yeah it needed to be re-molded to allow for the passenger side air filter to properly fit...
Old 05-30-2008, 12:50 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
This is not a group buy thread
Old 05-30-2008, 08:35 PM
JonnyOzero3

^your superfluous electrons are causing global warming.

Gamedog -

Is there any chance you could take some time to post pics showing where the filters are situated in the bumper? If you can, just some close-ish ups looking in from the different grill/orifice areas (top and bottom), would be very helpful. I still can't picture exactly where these go once they drop down out of sight...

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by JonnyOzero3; 05-30-2008 at 08:39 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:21 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

It's hard to see the filters when you're looking down from the engine bay and the only way he could take "detailed" pics would be to pop the bumper off
Old 05-31-2008, 08:34 AM
DrJones

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gamedog or Gmlee86

Perhaps this could give those asking and myself and idea. Are the red circles about where the filters are located behind the bumper or are they closer to the grill?

Last edited by DrJones; 11-05-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 05-31-2008, 11:10 AM
JonnyOzero3

Originally Posted by gmlee86
It's hard to see the filters when you're looking down from the engine bay and the only way he could take "detailed" pics would be to pop the bumper off
I understand that...but what DrJones is saying is exactly the kind of thing I'm trying to find out. You guys haven't really told us where these things are. Even if you take pics from slant angles just showing an edge of a filter tucked in somewhere, if I can see just a little bit from a few different views, than I can figure out this hydrolock issue for myself.

Originally Posted by DrJones
Gamedog or Gmlee86

Perhaps this could give those asking and myself and idea. Are the red circles about where the filters are located behind the bumper or are they closer to the grill?
+1
Old 05-31-2008, 01:00 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Gamedog or Gmlee86

No not quite... the filters are right behind the false brake vents... I guess now that I think of it, you might be able to just pop those off to clean the filters

Hmm... Not too sure about being able to pop the brake vents off now that I just tryed... But taking off the bottom skid plate under the engine might be another option to cleaning the filters... Oh and by the way, the filters don't have to be cleaned for at least 20K miles...

Old 05-31-2008, 01:32 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JLai
I just hope the filters can't be seen from the front...and if they can, I hope the filters are black.
They're red

Gamedog or Gmlee86

They're a little farther down and a little farther right like gamedog said

Quick Reply: *Latest Update on Injen Intakes*