Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*Latest Update on Injen Intakes*

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 12:25 PM
JonnyOzero3

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about the torque loss when you're accelerating gently.....hrm?
Old 07-08-2008, 06:59 AM
RadMav

Finished my Injen CAI install today. First Mod install - total install time 2.5 hrs

Front bumper Removal .5 hr
Intake install 1.5 hrs.
Front bumper reinstall .5 hr

Comments:
on page 3 Image 20 reference to resonator boxes - they appear to be in the front of the car they are actually attached to the bottom of the factory intakes and come out when you pull the factory boxes. Had to call Injen.

on page 3 Image 22 ? image shows the factory air ducts they appear to come out of the front in the pic. - mine came out the back into the engine bay- turn them 90 degrees to get around the tubing going to the front of the radiator .

Too many helpers - got the bolts mixed up putting the bumper back on took about 2x as long as it should have.

Jack up the car! you can pull the bumper without jacking it up. Putting the bolts back in is alot tougher without jacking the car up. Make your life easier.

Gentle acceleration - The loss in torque is so minimal you really can't feel it.

Normal acceleration - throttle input is significantly improved - I'm getting about the same amount of acceleration with about a half to a third of the old throttle input = ^HP/TQ I really feel the kick in at about 3000 RPM then it just wants to GO.

Hard acceleration - first two or three runs - I really feel the power increase between 3000 and 6000 RPM's then it got a little Hollow sounding probably because the ECU was still adjusting the air/fuel. - time and or ECU tuning might help this.

ECU seems to be settling in seems like the power and torque are smoothing out and getting stronger the more I drive it. Could have to do with the air temp. it was close to 90^ when I did the first runs. Tonight it was about 72^+/- .

I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Summary:My Mechanical skill level 2 - 10 being expert
Difficulty 2
Check out this for documentation on bumper removal: https://www.myg37.com/forums/d-i-y-installations-modifications/176944-removing-amber-headlight-baking.html

A special thanks to UNV-IT46 for the excellent DIY.
Old 07-08-2008, 01:31 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by RadMav
Finished my Injen CAI install today. First Mod install - total install time 2.5 hrs

Front bumper Removal .5 hr
Intake install 1.5 hrs.
Front bumper reinstall .5 hr

Comments:
on page 3 Image 20 reference to resonator boxes - they appear to be in the front of the car they are actually attached to the bottom of the factory intakes and come out when you pull the factory boxes. Had to call Injen.

on page 3 Image 22 ? image shows the factory air ducts they appear to come out of the front in the pic. - mine came out the back into the engine bay- turn them 90 degrees to get around the tubing going to the front of the radiator .

Too many helpers - got the bolts mixed up putting the bumper back on took about 2x as long as it should have.

Jack up the car! you can pull the bumper without jacking it up. Putting the bolts back in is alot tougher without jacking the car up. Make your life easier.

Gentle acceleration - The loss in torque is so minimal you really can't feel it.

Normal acceleration - throttle input is significantly improved - I'm getting about the same amount of acceleration with about a half to a third of the old throttle input = ^HP/TQ I really feel the kick in at about 3000 RPM then it just wants to GO.

Hard acceleration - first two or three runs - I really feel the power increase between 3000 and 6000 RPM's then it got a little Hollow sounding probably because the ECU was still adjusting the air/fuel. - time and or ECU tuning might help this.

ECU seems to be settling in seems like the power and torque are smoothing out and getting stronger the more I drive it. Could have to do with the air temp. it was close to 90^ when I did the first runs. Tonight it was about 72^+/- .

I don't think anyone will be disappointed.

Summary:My Mechanical skill level 2 - 10 being expert
Difficulty 2
Check out this for documentation on bumper removal: https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthread.php?t=176944

A special thanks to UNV-IT46 for the excellent DIY.
So are you running stock otherwise? This is good to here. I just got my injen in today, but won't be able to put it on until this weekend at the earliest.
Old 07-08-2008, 04:10 PM
RealOne81

Just got mine in today as well, install is set for tomorrow night.
Old 07-09-2008, 04:53 AM
RadMav

The CAI's are the only upgrade I'm running. Everything else is stock. I've been trying to pay real close attention to how my car is running with the intakes. Time will really help with smoothing out the power. It seems like the ECU is still learning but it feels stronger than the first couple of runs right after installing the intakes.

Note:It seems like the intakes are pulling alot more air (volume) and I think the ECU has increased the fuel flow under very hard acceleration by about 25%-30%. To maintain Air/Fuel ratio correctly. Before the intakes were installed - under very hard acceleration the instant MPG would drop to about 5 or 6. Now it looks like it drops to about 4, Ouch! - Don't look at the readout and you'll just keep SmilingDOMO

I just did a really hard 0-60 run with VDC on, the car pulls really hard all the way, but the VDC was working OT!

Later I'll try a run with VDC off. May not be for 2 or 3 weeks I'm going on vacation.