Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*Latest Update on Injen Intakes*

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 08:29 PM
The1andOnly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The number's are pretty close to injen's.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:51 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
That sucks that it looses HP and TQ on the low end...

Looks to drop until 2700rpm. And that is a huge drop in TQ from what I see...

Not sure if this post has talked me out of getting the Tech reflash or the Injen intake. I guess I will wait for the independent dynos of before and after install. Dang it Max, hurry up. lol
Sorry Bboy... The G37 intakes Just went into production yesterday... So they will not be gettin me the intake in time for my Dyno Day Saturday...

Not much we can do but continue this rediculous waiting game...
Old 06-18-2008, 01:59 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ya Max, I don't doubt that the Injen makes power but my question is really how much and where? I mean if it looses low end HP/TQ then it is a no go for me even if it gives me 20HP at the top end.
Old 06-18-2008, 09:03 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
That is usually the trade off for a CAI over a WAI... WAI make less power but dont loss front end power... CAI make more HP than a WAI but lose a smidge on the front end...

but bboy... on injens defense... If your running your car spiritedly... How often are you going to be below 2700 RPMs? never... so you wont see that loss....
Old 06-18-2008, 12:02 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Well there are those stop lights and stop signs...
Old 06-18-2008, 12:07 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
loss of low end torque is the sole reason i got rid of the fujita's PDQ...
Old 06-18-2008, 12:09 PM
The1andOnly

Originally Posted by MaxToTheG37
That is usually the trade off for a CAI over a WAI... WAI make less power but dont loss front end power... CAI make more HP than a WAI but lose a smidge on the front end...

but bboy... on injens defense... If your running your car spiritedly... How often are you going to be below 2700 RPMs? never... so you wont see that loss....
Exactly Max, I love the extra power now that I have when downshifting to pass on the freeway.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:05 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
is there an official 1st hand dyno yet.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:15 AM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
what is wai?
Old 06-29-2008, 02:03 AM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
what is wai?
I take it he means warm air intake...more commonly known as a short ram intake. Usually people say short ram or CAI.
Old 06-29-2008, 05:25 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Gamedog:
"Only major difference between the two is ours has VVEL and is .2 liters bigger..."

Thats a big difference. VVEL plays a huge part in our engines, especially when it concerns adding an intake. It doesn't matter how much air we can cram down our engines throat, or where the air is taken from, if our intake valves and throttle won't allow the air into our engine.

"There are intakes out there for them but they haven't gained anything... This is the first intake on an HR motor that produced good gains on a dyno..."

Thats B.S. straight up. Eviledarkness has video and dyno's showing 9 HP gained from Fujita F5 intake on our car. I personally had a 8.3 HP gain from Fujitas and that was on a hot engine in AZ. Injen is not the ONLY intake out there that produces, thats false advertising and misrepresenting. I'm sooo sick of everyone thinking intakes are dead for our cars, and Injen is the savior. Just because Cobb put out an article claiming no HP gains for intakes people have been brain washed into believing it. Trust me when I say, intakes do work on our cars, some may work better then others, but they ALL do work!
Old 06-29-2008, 06:00 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by AZg37
"There are intakes out there for them but they haven't gained anything... This is the first intake on an HR motor that produced good gains on a dyno..."

Thats B.S. straight up. Eviledarkness has video and dyno's showing 9 HP gained from Fujita F5 intake on our car. I personally had a 8.3 HP gain from Fujitas and that was on a hot engine in AZ. Injen is not the ONLY intake out there that produces, thats false advertising and misrepresenting. I'm sooo sick of everyone thinking intakes are dead for our cars, and Injen is the savior. Just because Cobb put out an article claiming no HP gains for intakes people have been brain washed into believing it. Trust me when I say, intakes do work on our cars, some may work better then others, but they ALL do work!
Dieseldoug's dynos at Technosquare have a comparison of the stock airboxes (black) vs. Fujita intakes (red) before they reflashed his ECU:
Old 06-29-2008, 06:22 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
It looks like there was a gain at high RPM's. My dyno looked a lot more like evildarkness' did. Here is his, I still have to get my dyno's up on my cpu

Old 06-29-2008, 09:20 PM
willizm

Originally Posted by AZg37
It looks like there was a gain at high RPM's. My dyno looked a lot more like evildarkness' did. Here is his, I still have to get my dyno's up on my cpu

For all we know COBB probably forgot to reset the ECU when they did their testing. I think that the short intakes give gains. These CAI may do a little better.
Old 07-06-2008, 06:44 AM
RadMav

low rpm torque loss

The torque loss below 2700 RPM. will be negligible even from a stop. Unless you try to get your car moving without using the accelerator. Under hard acceleration 1000 to 2700 RPM represents a 1 or 2 of tenths of a second which will be more than made up for by the added torque when you are between 2700 and 7500. After the shift to second you'll come into the RPM somewhere between 2500 and 3000 RPM's or possibly higher .... end of story.

I just picked up my INJEN CAI TODAY FROM STILLEN can't wait to get it installed. I'm on the fence about doing a baseline dyno and a post install.

Anyone in So Cal. know a good place to get dynos that won't cost $100 ea. Are there any dyno days coming up soon????

Quick Reply: *Latest Update on Injen Intakes*