Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*Latest Update on Injen Intakes*

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 04:38 PM
tfmbigdog99

Location: Where the kids are high and the grades are low. NYC
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand you guys are taking decades to produce and release, and a lot of preliminary testing is going. But when you say don't trust Stillen's dyno numbers, what should lead us to believe your dyno numbers....Cause we don't have a private party to go by? Injen intakes aren't out yet, and the only person that has it rocks there logo in his signature! Sorry if im being ****, maybe im just annoyed that its taking so long.
Old 06-09-2008, 05:25 PM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^

I agree. It would be nice to get some of these out to a few people before the group buy so we can see some independent dyno pulls.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:12 PM
JonnyOzero3

Originally Posted by weave
^

I agree. It would be nice to get some of these out to a few people before the group buy so we can see some independent dyno pulls.
^ + 10,000. I'll even chip in if someone is too cheap to pay for the pulls. No offense to any vendor, but unless I'm really familiar with your company and have bought many of your products in the past, I'd really like to see some true 3rd party/independent dyno info before I put my money down.
Old 06-09-2008, 06:16 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
I understand you guys are taking decades to produce and release, and a lot of preliminary testing is going. But when you say don't trust Stillen's dyno numbers, what should lead us to believe your dyno numbers....Cause we don't have a private party to go by? Injen intakes aren't out yet, and the only person that has it rocks there logo in his signature! Sorry if im being ****, maybe im just annoyed that its taking so long.
Because the dynos were performed right in front of me... I rock their logo because they sponsor me... Same reason why MaxtotheG37 had DPE on his avatar and all those companies on his sig... You market your sponsors since they help you out...
^

I'm presently workin on it...

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
I wouldnt worry about it, group buy is not for everyone. i bet a handful of guys on this forum will just jump on it and buy it on their own....im sure we'll see some dynoes from private party within a week or 2 after its release...
+1

Originally Posted by christian655321
tired of waiting, pulled the trigger on the stillen setup. good luck though - I didnt feel like messing with the bumper anyhow.
Cool! Hope you like them! jks toy loves them! MODDING FTW!
Old 06-09-2008, 06:34 PM
weave

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
I wouldnt worry about it, group buy is not for everyone. i bet a handful of guys on this forum will just jump on it and buy it on their own....im sure we'll see some dynoes from private party within a week or 2 after its release...
Yea but if you want to do the group buy it would be nice to see BEFORE hand what the thing actually does. Not that I do not believe the folks here....it is just nice to see some other validation of the claims being made.

If a few others get some pulls prior to the buy, it helps those in question make up their minds for sure.

Peace
Old 06-09-2008, 11:48 PM
trebien

Seems to me... if I were an aftermarket company... and I had a product... and it produced good gains... and there was a lot of excitement about it... and I wanted to get it out there... and there was talk of a huge group buy from a community specifically for the vehicle for THAT product...

AND I STOOD BEHIND THE POWER CLAIMS and had nothing to worry about...

...then I would try to get a few kits out beforehand for independent verification, since I would have nothing to lose and could build even more excitement and more trust and more potential customers.

But what do I know? I'm used to working in the aftermarket industry with 1000HP cars.

Just saying... marketing 101.

I don't even have a G37 so I don't care if it's out or not. But I am tired of unscrupulous aftermarket BS claims. Not saying this is one, because I don't know.
Old 06-10-2008, 04:33 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Group Buy Pre-Order Posted!!!: https://www.myg37.com/forums/showthr...33#post2356233
Old 06-10-2008, 05:22 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ucla bruin
Will anyone be able to do an independent dyno before the group buy ends?
Originally Posted by tfmbigdog99
^

Originally Posted by JonnyOzero3
^ + 10,000. I'll even chip in if someone is too cheap to pay for the pulls. No offense to any vendor, but unless I'm really familiar with your company and have bought many of your products in the past, I'd really like to see some true 3rd party/independent dyno info before I put my money down.
Yea but if you want to do the group buy it would be nice to see BEFORE hand what the thing actually does. Not that I do not believe the folks here....it is just nice to see some other validation of the claims being made.

If a few others get some pulls prior to the buy, it helps those in question make up their minds for sure.

Peace
Originally Posted by trebien
Seems to me... if I were an aftermarket company... and I had a product... and it produced good gains... and there was a lot of excitement about it... and I wanted to get it out there... and there was talk of a huge group buy from a community specifically for the vehicle for THAT product...

AND I STOOD BEHIND THE POWER CLAIMS and had nothing to worry about...

...then I would try to get a few kits out beforehand for independent verification, since I would have nothing to lose and could build even more excitement and more trust and more potential customers.

But what do I know? I'm used to working in the aftermarket industry with 1000HP cars.

Just saying... marketing 101.

I don't even have a G37 so I don't care if it's out or not. But I am tired of unscrupulous aftermarket BS claims. Not saying this is one, because I don't know.

I have a dyno appointment set up in 2 weeks.... and I plan to do the dyno and post the results... this all depends if Injen Can get the intake to me by then... I want to take one for the team and see what things can really do on an unmanipulated Independant Dyno....

fingers are crossed!!! lets hope!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:28 PM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2 weeks!
Old 06-10-2008, 05:31 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Hopefully they get these out to Max by his Dyno day... YOU WILL ALL BE IMPRESSED!!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 09:29 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
BAM!!!! i told everyone about $550, I'm psychic and thats with a Group buy discount
Old 06-10-2008, 09:49 PM
JLai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
BAM!!!! i told everyone about $550, I'm psychic and thats with a Group buy discount
For sure...Didn't expect this from Injen. Ordered one none-the-less. I hope it comes with Vasoline for when the credit card statement comes.

I do wonder how much the price was influenced by people posting on here how much they felt the intake would cost/how much they thought it was worth.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:29 PM
weave

Mine is on order!!!!

Old 06-10-2008, 10:40 PM
JonnyOzero3

Originally Posted by JLai

I do wonder how much the price was influenced by people posting on here how much they felt the intake would cost/how much they thought it was worth.
Yup, people don't know when to shut it. I mean, "I'd pay up to $xxxx for this!" is just a recipe for price inflation
Old 06-11-2008, 01:20 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by JonnyOzero3
Yup, people don't know when to shut it. I mean, "I'd pay up to $xxxx for this!" is just a recipe for price inflation
Thats just plain silly to think that people talking had anything to do with the price. If people are paying $500 for HFC's claiming 9hp, thats $55.50 per pony they are spending. If they paid MSRP for Injens CAI claiming 14hp, thats only $51.79 per pony. It's actually cheaper per HP gained to buy this set-up, if the HP numbers are 100% legit. So it's not over priced at all if it delivers the gains as promised. Thats just my .02.
P.S. I went with Fujita cause I'll scrap the HP and get intake and an ecu flash for that much $$$

Last edited by AZg37; 06-11-2008 at 01:31 AM.

Quick Reply: *Latest Update on Injen Intakes*