Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*Latest Update on Injen Intakes*

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 12:40 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Quick question, how can they be sooo close to production when they havn't announced the price? Someone needs to spill the beans on what they will cost. If they are in the $400 range I really feel for everyone who shelled out 575 for Stillen longtubes. BTW, tell Injen I'll develope a washer bottle macgyver style out of tupperware, cardboard, floss and bubble gum if I can get an intake this week!!!
Old 06-03-2008, 01:31 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AZg37
Quick question, how can they be sooo close to production when they havn't announced the price? Someone needs to spill the beans on what they will cost. If they are in the $400 range I really feel for everyone who shelled out 575 for Stillen longtubes. BTW, tell Injen I'll develope a washer bottle macgyver style out of tupperware, cardboard, floss and bubble gum if I can get an intake this week!!!
I know the pricing, but they don't want it leaked so

(Don't PM me either.. it'll just get deleted)
Old 06-03-2008, 10:41 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
If you have a question... post it and Gamedog and GMlee86 will answer... when they answer... Ill delete the question so we can keep this thread short and to the point... (info only)
Old 06-04-2008, 02:09 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Originally Posted by fireboy
no not if stillen does nothing for you but give the look and no real horse power gain.... injens produces power which equals alittle extra work, well worth waiting for injen
Yep, patience is key.

Originally Posted by christian655321
I am sure ingen is great a great performer, taking off the front bumper seems a little excessive for cleaning/installation. The dynos\reviews I have seen for the Stillen product look similar to ingen. How much better can a tube with a filter on the end of it be? Placement looks to be the factor when it comes to additional performance, but taking off the bumper is not for everyone.
Honestly, the filters don't need to be cleaned all that often, especially with where they're placed since the area is VERY protected, given that you don't swap out the bumper plastic for mesh which would allow more dirt/debris to dirty up the filter quicker. If anything, you'll only have to pop off the bumper around 5 times. 1 to install, 2 to clean @25,000 miles, 3 @ 50,000, 4 @ 75,000, and 5 when you part out (+ a couple more if you keep the car past 100k).

Funny you mention just a tube and filter, since Injen is more than that. Paul showed me the piping they installed on B L U E S L A T E's car before the Stillen show and it's more than just a pipe. He said it's a patented design with what they stuck inside to help the airflow.

If taking the bumper off is a problem, then I guess Stillen would be the right choice for you. Just don't complain to us when there are minimal gains/power losses because you either didn't want to take the bumper off or have a shop install it for you
Old 06-04-2008, 05:17 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Originally Posted by christian655321
Whats inside the tube a turbine and a belt? There is nothing magical about a tube. The placement IMO is the key factor /difference between the two. Is the extra 1 hp your may or may not get worth the trouble?
It's more than just placement. You have to take into consideration other variables such as the filter size, where the bends are and at what degrees, and the piping diameter as well. When they tried bigger piping and filters they lost power compared to the setup they're going to be putting into production, hence why it's taking them so long to get them out on the market.
Old 06-06-2008, 02:27 PM
ddominator1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so im just trying to get an idea of where filters lie? they are just behing bumper? or radiator? I wish i could see pics...
Old 06-06-2008, 02:32 PM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Right behind the bumper on the lower outside corners
Old 06-09-2008, 01:21 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
So Gamedog, when the heck is this being released? The end of May has long pasted.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:26 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
So Gamedog, when the heck is this being released? The end of May has long pasted.
They're gonna have my car on Wednesday or Thursday this week for final test fitting of the new Windshield Washer Bottles... Everything should just fall into place after that... Look for the GB thread to be started here pretty soon!
Old 06-09-2008, 03:03 AM
J.Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
so i can assume this should be released within a month and group buys along that time frame
Old 06-09-2008, 03:56 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Probably 4-6 weeks
Old 06-09-2008, 04:06 AM
ucla bruin

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Will anyone be able to do an independent dyno before the group buy ends?
Old 06-09-2008, 08:29 AM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gmlee86
Probably 4-6 weeks
So now were are looking at mid July? Ugh....my money is burning a huge hole in my pocket waiting for this.
Old 06-09-2008, 12:54 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by weave
So now were are looking at mid July? Ugh....my money is burning a huge hole in my pocket waiting for this.
yeah tell me about it....

Gamedog when the car sits and idles can you hear like an extra sucking air/whistling noise from under the hood with Injen's intake. In other words is there any audible difference in your car's noise from stock to Injen equipped??? I know intakes sometimes do that and usually its a pleasing sound...But the only intake I have is an Injen Short Ram and I would guess since Short Rams are louder that many this intake doesnt have that idling noise.

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 06-10-2008 at 05:18 PM.
Old 06-09-2008, 01:53 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Gamedog when the car sits and idles can you hear like an extra sucking air/whistling noise from under the hood with Injen's intake. In other words is there any audible difference in your car's noise from stock to Injen equipped??? I know intakes sometimes do that and usually its a pleasing sound...But the only intake I have is an Injen Short Ram and I would guess since Short Rams are louder that many this intake doesnt have that idling noise.
At idle you cant even tell bro... But under regular driving load, the intakes make a nice subtle whistling sound while sucking air... It almost sounds like a really quiet turbo spooling... Mash the gas and they scream from 3500 rpm to redline... Actually this intake is pretty darn loud compared to the short tubes that i've heard on our G's...

Quick Reply: *Latest Update on Injen Intakes*