Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Some CRAZY sounding blue tipped exhaust...

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Buddy Revell

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Kuz
I was under the impression that it was from the axle back such as the Tanabe. Why can't there be a y-pipe back exhaust system? I know I haven't heard the term before, most likely because not many have been produced. It is not an Axle back, it goes way past the axle. Thats where the term came from. I don't think its fair to stretch the term "axle-back" just because the pipe doesn't touch the cats. I don't think its one or the other.
Yeah, I noticed that there seems to be a difference in terminology about what an "axle-back" exhaust is. For me, personally, I count systems that only extend to around the rear axle area an "axle-back" (like the Tanabe). But since everyone is clear (I think) about the Greddy system replacing the stock resonators and extending to the y-pipe by the cats, I don't think it's a problem. I'd love to see some before/after dynos of this exhaust, to compare the gains throughout the whole powerband to the full cat-backs like the Stillen and FI exhausts.