Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Greddy TI-C exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2008, 02:55 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
730 damm!!

thats not bad at all shipped for a full catback. thats awesome..

just gattan finish about 5-700 in exterior mods then ima move onto performance so this prob ganna have to wait =(
Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
but why would you want to do that? let it rippp
I agree to an extent but not at 75- 80 MPH on a long trip with the exhaust note in your ear at 3100 RPM.

Sometimes you just want quiet and not sound like you are racing all the time.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Kuz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Hpauto
Hi everyone, This is Andy from HPAutoworks. We have emailed the admin on becoming a vendor on this forum. In the meantime, we are not allowed to post any infos on GB's or take sales; however, we can help w any questions. If anyone has any q's please feel free to ask. Thanks guys.

News update 4/29

I just got off the phone w our rep and the GReddy TI-C exhausts are being held for re-designing. Apparently there were some clearance issues w the first few that had left. Right now they are looking at day to day on these.
Great! Thanks Andy! Keep us updated.
Old 04-29-2008, 03:52 PM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by Hpauto
Hi everyone, This is Andy from HPAutoworks. We have emailed the admin on becoming a vendor on this forum. In the meantime, we are not allowed to post any infos on GB's or take sales; however, we can help w any questions. If anyone has any q's please feel free to ask. Thanks guys.

News update 4/29

I just got off the phone w our rep and the GReddy TI-C exhausts are being held for re-designing. Apparently there were some clearance issues w the first few that had left. Right now they are looking at day to day on these.
Hi Andy,
I'm Kevin. We spoke on the phone and e-mailed. I'm glad you could make it.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:23 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I agree to an extent but not at 75- 80 MPH on a long trip with the exhaust note in your ear at 3100 RPM.

Sometimes you just want quiet and not sound like you are racing all the time.
i agree but i would love to heard the exhaust tone throughout the whole trip. would keep me awake. the last two road trips ive made with my dad was a killer..**** i was sleepy as a **** and had nothing to keep me awake.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:27 AM
SteveG37

I think having the silencers is a great option. You can leave them off when doing your city driving, let it rip so to speak. Then when u go on long trips on the highway you can put the silencers in, IMO a great option for the "best of both worlds." It's always nice to have a ton of sound when u want to rip it locally, but it does suck having that on highway, so this would make it a perfect option. My only question is, how easy/hard are these "silencers" to remove and put back?? I am also not familiar with them so don't mind my ignorance.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:50 AM
Buddy Revell

Question

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
On this application I would go with an Active Tail silencer that opens up under WOT pressure so that you can get the full benefit of your high end power.

The stationary silencers do well for quiet but they make the exhaust more restrictive. that's why they are removable too so that when you decide to track your car or do spirited driving, you can get all of your power back.
Looks like an interesting product. Good find. Do you think this would fit a GReddy system, though? Looks like it was made only for Apexi's own exhausts.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:32 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Honestly guys... with my test pipes and my FI set up... there is some noise but never a lot of it and if your just running those mufflers its never going to be to loud to the point where you wont like the exhaust... even under tons of load at 3k the noise is still not enough to disrupt my bluetooth... can people hear it a little bit? sure but they never complain they always tell me my car sounds nice... if your running stock cats you will be fine for sure and you should be okay with HFCs as well..
Old 04-30-2008, 08:44 AM
GiGGaplease

ill be getting fi test pipes also, if i do get the greddy. so, hopefully it be loud but not where it will attract cops. ekk..
Old 04-30-2008, 10:21 AM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by SteveG37
I think having the silencers is a great option. You can leave them off when doing your city driving, let it rip so to speak. Then when u go on long trips on the highway you can put the silencers in, IMO a great option for the "best of both worlds." It's always nice to have a ton of sound when u want to rip it locally, but it does suck having that on highway, so this would make it a perfect option. My only question is, how easy/hard are these "silencers" to remove and put back?? I am also not familiar with them so don't mind my ignorance.
They are easy to install and take out. Just slide them in and bolt them up. They normally bolt through at the bottom of the tip. It takes 30 seconds to put them on.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:23 AM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by Buddy Revell
Looks like an interesting product. Good find. Do you think this would fit a GReddy system, though? Looks like it was made only for Apexi's own exhausts.
Although made for the Apexi, they should fit any tip that are the correct size and depth.

The Greddy looks easy because there is no bend behind the tip. The only question is what size the Greddy tips are.
Old 04-30-2008, 12:08 PM
GiGGaplease

^^^, it looks small from that one picture. my cousin evo greddy tips looks like their freaking 5 inches...
Old 04-30-2008, 03:40 PM
Kuz

Originally Posted by GiGGaplease
^^^, it looks small from that one picture. my cousin evo greddy tips looks like their freaking 5 inches...
Divided by 2 = 2.5

Old 04-30-2008, 04:05 PM
amoney805

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
http://www.directtuning.com said theyll have them by next week. $716 with free shipping.
Old 04-30-2008, 04:49 PM
GiGGaplease

Originally Posted by Kuz
Divided by 2 = 2.5

ekk, hope not.

Originally Posted by amoney805
http://www.directtuning.com said theyll have them by next week. $716 with free shipping.
good deal, hope the group buy would be around 400. i wish...

Quick Reply: Greddy TI-C exhaust