Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*Injen Intake Installed With Pics & Dyno*

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2008, 12:11 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by dentalstud
Agreed...it doesn't make sense that all other intakes out make no power or even lose...and this does 14 hp and 10tq just from slightly different size/angled tubing? I think when more dynos come out, ya'll are in for an unpleasant surprise...but I hope not!
It makes perfect sense... Other companies just got too excited when our cars came out and put out a bunch of intakes that don't do anything but make a *sick* sound and hurt our performance... Injen spent MONTHS designing and testing these intakes to MAKE SURE they made power on a dyno... Because they know that there are going to be independent dynos made and didn't want to be just another company that CLAIMED HP/TQ gains but that failed at making an intake that made power for us... I can assure you, you will see gains... Why? Well you have what my car made in black and white attached to the first post... My car has so much more of a kick from take-off all the way through the powerband, and its not one of those "uhhhh, I think I can feel the difference" kind of power increases either... Everyone who has been in my car have been REALLY impressed by the power and say "with just an intake? " And once i get my Injen Exhaust installed... Sub 13 second 1/4 mile, HERE I COME!!!

But like i've told others, go ahead and wait til everyone dynos their cars to see what kind of power they're putting to the ground... But hopefully by the time you realize you want one, they aren't on back-order or something and you're gonna have to wait a while... Because I'm starting to get the hint that a lot of people are interested in these...
Old 04-21-2008, 12:12 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait so lemme get this straight -- the kit means we have to replace the windshield washer reserve? is that easy?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:27 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
Wait so lemme get this straight -- the kit means we have to replace the windshield washer reserve? is that easy?
Yeah it's really easy... I think its just a few bolts holding it in place and into the filler neck (if that)... Should take about five-ten minutes or so...
Old 04-21-2008, 12:32 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by gamedog
Yeah it's really easy... I think its just a few bolts holding it in place and into the filler neck (if that)... Should take about five-ten minutes or so...
so after the Injen intake install - our windshield washer fluid reserve will not be OEM anymore and will be the one Injen includes? That probably hikes up the price of the intake kit also I bet....

Also we do not need to relocate the relay box on 6mts like on the Fujita install right?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
so after the Injen intake install - our windshield washer fluid reserve will not be OEM anymore and will be the one Injen includes? That probably hikes up the price of the intake kit also I bet....

Also we do not need to relocate the relay box on 6mts like on the Fujita install right?
Yeah that's right... It'll hold a little less then OEM (but I don't care I hardly use mine anyway)... But i'm not sure if they're going to jack up the price much for that... I honestly wouldnt think so...

and no, no relocation of anything needed with these...
Old 04-21-2008, 12:41 PM
B L U E S L A T E
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
When you install the intakes, do you have to remove the front bumper??? I'm thinking "yes" since you'll need to change out the wind shield washer reservoir and to reach the filters... yeah?
Old 04-21-2008, 12:45 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by B L U E S L A T E
When you install the intakes, do you have to remove the front bumper??? I'm thinking "yes" since you'll need to change out the wind shield washer reservoir and to reach the filters... yeah?
Yeah that's how they were doin it at Injen... But you might be able to take off the guard underneath the car and do the install that way though...
Old 04-21-2008, 12:48 PM
J.Oh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
release info? come on ill give you my left nut
Old 04-21-2008, 12:58 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
yeah we need more info, wonder wha u are going to be cutting down the 1/4 mile time with it, if the gains are true should improve by a decent amount
Old 04-21-2008, 01:26 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
have you played around against a stock 6MT and seen if your part actually made a difference?
Old 04-21-2008, 01:31 PM
ChOy BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gamedog...im jealous of you
Old 04-21-2008, 01:34 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
have you played around against a stock 6MT and seen if your part actually made a difference?
No i wanted to on Sat but everyone left so dang early... But I have played around with my buddy's 6MT '06 GTO w/headers/Intake/HFC's/Exhaust (he was parked right next to me on Sat for those of you who were there)... Lets just say he was pissed... LOL
Old 04-21-2008, 01:49 PM
RYs06MT

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
thanxx gamedog, sounds nice, enjoy your part!

fontana FTL, u have to get there at like 6am to get in line and can only get about 2 runs in if this is the event your speaking of =[
toooooooooooo many ppl show up.
a few buddies of mine used to get together in irwendale forthe 1/8th, its open more regularly so the crowd is lower. not the 1/4th but at least you can get multiple runs and pratice launches in.
Old 04-21-2008, 03:26 PM
DetroitG37Joe

I Want The Injen!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-21-2008, 03:39 PM
GregUMR

No i wanted to on Sat but everyone left so dang early... But I have played around with my buddy's 6MT '06 GTO w/headers/Intake/HFC's/Exhaust (he was parked right next to me on Sat for those of you who were there)... Lets just say he was pissed... LOL
By played around I assume you mean you got beat right? Those things do 0-60 in 4.8s stock , with all those addons he should be 4.6. If you beat him your friend sucks at driving and should start in 1st gear next time.

Quick Reply: *Injen Intake Installed With Pics & Dyno*