Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*Injen Intake Installed With Pics & Dyno*

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2008, 02:23 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Well.. put it plain and simple, the people who started Fujita were ex Injen employees, one of their old VP's and a bunch of their sales people. The stupid move they made was that they didn't take any of the R&D guys like Byron or Paul with them. So when Fujita released their product, it was soley to be the first on the market and to move units before the other companies could produce a working product. Then Stillen came along with their product which also lost power, which is REALLY lame, since Stillen specializes in Nissan/Infiniti parts. Seriously.. how can you not make power when you only work on one family of cars? This is where Injen comes in with their long awaited intake. Byron and Paul developed several different units in their R&D, which produced little to no power like the other companies, but what differentiates them is that they didn't want to put another junk product out on the market, they kept on trying new designs until they found the right combination of bends, piping diameters, where to place the air flow sensors, and which filters to use. Now that the right combination was found and dyno'd on several cars (G37 6MT, G37 5AT, and G35 sedan) and made similar POSITIVE numbers, they are now ready to put the product out on the market, even though they're several months behind the other companies. The only thing holding them back from actually selling the units right now is that they are having a new, smaller, Windshield Washer fluid bottle fabricated since the stock one is huge and gets in the way of one of the filters. The washer fluid bottles are set to arrive at Injen's factory near the end of this week or early next week, so once they are in their inventory, they'll start to pump out the intakes for everyone who was faithful and patient enough to enjoy and for the haters to admit defeat and jump on the bandwagon.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:47 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Ok guys, were the heck are these dynos that show power lose from these other intake systems? I have yet to see one. A rep from a manufacture came on here and put that crap in a thread stating that about the other intakes and that they were not going to produce an intake for the G37 because it was impossible to produce additional power from one. I don't remember who it was. Ever since then it has been assumed that the other intakes lose power but I have yet to see proof. I have heard conflicting stories from people who bought the other intakes stating they got gains and others stating they lost power. If someone has these dynos, please post them in another thread or give me the link to the thread I missed that had the dynos. Until then we are just assuming that the other intakes lose power but there is no proof. And we all know that no shop on here (UNV and others) will test this because if it does lose power it will not sell.
Old 05-20-2008, 02:54 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

It was Cobb Tuning that did that test
Old 05-20-2008, 02:56 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Thanks gmlee, Ya them but they didn't post crap and they wouldn't. Not saying I don't believe them but it is just a rumor and not true until someone gets some hard proof. It is like the lochness monster thing. Well not exactly because they at least have "made up" pics of that.
Old 05-20-2008, 03:02 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Blog entry here for those who haven't read it: http://blogs.cobbtuning.com/?p=160

Also, keep in mind that all the intakes they tested were Short Ram while Injen's is a Cold Air that reaches all the way down to the bottom of the bumper
Old 05-20-2008, 03:07 AM
ucla bruin

Originally Posted by bboysteele
It is like the lochness monster thing.

Old 05-20-2008, 07:37 AM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gamedog
Group Buy is still in the works with a vendor here... As soon as he gets a release date he will be taking pre-orders if he gets the ok... Keep your eyes peeled...
Some of work in places where we cannot be on the web all day....I think we need a day or two of lead time to let us know when the goup buy is coming so we do not miss out....

Originally Posted by gamedog
Oh yeah BTW... Spoke to the owner of injen and he told me these are gonna be available in black polished tubing as well... SWEET!
We need PICS!!!! Stop teasing us please
Old 05-20-2008, 08:17 AM
3des

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with bboy. There is sooo much spin here all from shops, everyone screams show me 3rd party private dynos then when they're posted they're ignored or dismissed. Remember EvilDarkeness' dyno posting solid gains with the Fujitsa's? https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust/176306-fujita-intake-before-and-after-dyno-run.html

Oh but cobb tuning did a "non biased" study so those intakes must be crap right?
Old 05-20-2008, 10:45 AM
Kuz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Don't they specialize in Subarus anyway? Why would they waste their time on an Infiniti? Who cares. I want Injen!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:48 AM
vinnys coupe

i want anything that produces power!!
Old 05-20-2008, 10:53 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by weave
Some of work in places where we cannot be on the web all day....I think we need a day or two of lead time to let us know when the goup buy is coming so we do not miss out....

We need PICS!!!! Stop teasing us please
I'll give you guys a heads up a couple days in advance...

Pics will be posted as soon as I get a chance to see them...
Old 05-20-2008, 11:23 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by gmlee86
Well.. put it plain and simple, the people who started Fujita were ex Injen employees, one of their old VP's and a bunch of their sales people. The stupid move they made was that they didn't take any of the R&D guys like Byron or Paul with them. So when Fujita released their product, it was soley to be the first on the market and to move units before the other companies could produce a working product. Then Stillen came along with their product which also lost power, which is REALLY lame, since Stillen specializes in Nissan/Infiniti parts. Seriously.. how can you not make power when you only work on one family of cars? This is where Injen comes in with their long awaited intake. Byron and Paul developed several different units in their R&D, which produced little to no power like the other companies, but what differentiates them is that they didn't want to put another junk product out on the market, they kept on trying new designs until they found the right combination of bends, piping diameters, where to place the air flow sensors, and which filters to use. Now that the right combination was found and dyno'd on several cars (G37 6MT, G37 5AT, and G35 sedan) and made similar POSITIVE numbers, they are now ready to put the product out on the market, even though they're several months behind the other companies. The only thing holding them back from actually selling the units right now is that they are having a new, smaller, Windshield Washer fluid bottle fabricated since the stock one is huge and gets in the way of one of the filters. The washer fluid bottles are set to arrive at Injen's factory near the end of this week or early next week, so once they are in their inventory, they'll start to pump out the intakes for everyone who was faithful and patient enough to enjoy and for the haters to admit defeat and jump on the bandwagon.
^ Explains everything... Good Sheit Geoff!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:44 AM
ddominator1

just bought my new G37S last week... where can i order those? they look bad!!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:46 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

They aren't available as of yet but will be very soon... Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum by the way!
Old 05-20-2008, 11:51 AM
ddominator1

thanks dude! Love the car! Looking to do some mods to it though and wondering what are best options. talked w. bud of mine and suggested to start w/ motordyne intake with high titanium HKS exhaust. He felt that cold air intakes are waste of $$? True?

Quick Reply: *Injen Intake Installed With Pics & Dyno*