Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*Injen Intake Installed With Pics & Dyno*

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 06:07 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I talked to them about this and they said they should be CARB certified within a year and a half... Which is way before we have to worry about it... It takes a long time though...
Old 04-23-2008, 06:40 PM
ChOy BoY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who cares CARB certified..14 hp/14 tq...LETS GET EM! haha
Old 04-23-2008, 07:33 PM
dentalstud
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by gamedog
I honestly think a STOCK 6MT, driven right (launch, shift points, etc) could break 13 seconds...
Here's who said 12's was possible. Breaking 13 seconds to me doesn't mean breaking INTO the 13's. That was done by nearly every major magazine. And no 1/4 mile track is downhill. You know what I meant.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:35 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
waiting waiting waiting... with slicks and a PERFECT launch maybe 12.9 with some mods
Old 04-23-2008, 09:44 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by dentalstud
Here's who said 12's was possible. Breaking 13 seconds to me doesn't mean breaking INTO the 13's. That was done by nearly every major magazine. And no 1/4 mile track is downhill. You know what I meant.
Another myg37 member that cannot take a joke....

(Note to self...don't joke with dentalstud. He cannot take jokes)
Old 04-24-2008, 01:54 AM
DetroitG37Joe

guys newb question on a serious note....

as we all know - a good quality intake, cleaned regularly and installed properly has many pros...beautiful throttle body sound...increased whp/tq, increased mileage (all else held equal), engine "breathes" more, etc.

Now I was wondering - do intakes pose any threats to a motor in the long term? any known adverse effects?
Old 04-24-2008, 05:10 AM
AZg37
Premier Member

Received 46 Likes on 6 Posts
Now this is my question, how different would my Dyno numbers be seeing as I'm in AZ?? I mean cold air in AZ is an oxymoron. The systems are designed to pull cooler air from outside the engine, but the outside air for most of the year is a 100 degrees or more here. seeing as I live in such a climate, should I just accept the fact that with any set up I'll just be getting mostly looks/sound?? I'm one of the few who can say they have driven around for 30 min, popped the hood, leaned over the engine bay and felt almost zero temp. change from outside air.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:53 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
IMO- and IMO only-- if your pulling in 100degree air at the Cold Air Intake point then inside your engine bay would be ...what...like 130degrees guessing??

see my point?
Old 04-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe

as we all know - a good quality intake, cleaned regularly and installed properly has many pros...beautiful throttle body sound...increased whp/tq, increased mileage (all else held equal), engine "breathes" more, etc.

Now I was wondering - do intakes pose any threats to a motor in the long term? any known adverse effects?
None that I know of...

There was also a question that came up on a prior thread about increased airflow making the rattle noise of our OEM exhausts worse... I never had the rattle noise before and still dont after driving around for a week with it installed...
Old 04-24-2008, 12:04 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Originally Posted by gamedog
None that I know of...

There was also a question that came up on a prior thread about increased airflow making the rattle noise of our OEM exhausts worse... I never had the rattle noise before and still dont after driving around for a week with it installed...
other than the loud cold start and brief, rumbly noise when turning off - i also dont have the exhaust rattle yet...i plan on driving hard and practicing my launch and installing the Injen this early summer though so we will see! thanks for the info though!

gamedog do u plan on taking the car to an independent dyno anytime? i guess you'd have to use the baseline from the run at injen though...
Old 04-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by AZg37
Now this is my question, how different would my Dyno numbers be seeing as I'm in AZ?? I mean cold air in AZ is an oxymoron. The systems are designed to pull cooler air from outside the engine, but the outside air for most of the year is a 100 degrees or more here. seeing as I live in such a climate, should I just accept the fact that with any set up I'll just be getting mostly looks/sound?? I'm one of the few who can say they have driven around for 30 min, popped the hood, leaned over the engine bay and felt almost zero temp. change from outside air.
If you look at the temp on my dyno runs it was like 83 degrees or so... there were some days where they were testing at almost 90 if not more and it was still making just as much power... You should definitely see gains without a prob...
Old 04-24-2008, 01:18 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Sweet, that's good to know. I was starting to think that the fact I live in a hellish climate was going to ruin my gains. Thanks for the info.
Old 04-24-2008, 01:29 PM
AZg37
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe

I've had one experience where I might have had a adverse effect. On my old car I installed a CAI and about a week later the MAF went out. The guy at the performance shop said it was likely from the increased air flow, but that it wasn't common. I dunno if it was a coincidence or what.
Old 04-24-2008, 06:24 PM
erasat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First post...

Count me in, Since I got my IP 3 weeks ago, I've been looking for a CAI, now that I have seen this one, I WANT ONE.

Last edited by erasat; 04-24-2008 at 06:46 PM.
Old 04-25-2008, 09:51 PM
OMG37

A couple pages back I saw someone ask if the front bumper needed to be removed...I've lost track of this thread...has anyone stated what special removal/installation will be needed for this?

Thanks.

Quick Reply: *Injen Intake Installed With Pics & Dyno*