Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust & HFCs (My initial thoughts & review)

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2008, 02:25 AM
Motor25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust & HFCs (My initial thoughts & review)

Dyno results - CLICK HERE

Yesterday I drove over to the Fast Intentions shop to get the Intimidator exhaust and the 300 cell metallic HFCs installed on my car. The car only had approx 3900 miles at the time of install.

Here's some pics of my new go-fast goodies:

300 cell metallic HFCs:

Intimidator Exhaust:

The old stock exhaust:

Stock exhaust removed:

Tony and Mike putting in the new exhaust:

PUUUUUUURTY

Install completed:

The install went great. Tony and his buddies installed the whole thing in about 1.5 hours. I can tell that Tony has been doing this a while, he takes great pride in his work and makes sure that everything is perfect.

Tony managed broke the heads of the top bolts from the stock cats. He said they always break for some reason. No problem though, he was able to take out the stock cats anyway and had replacement bolts for me.

Every part of the new system fit perfectly with each other. No fitment issues at all. It's pretty much a bolt-on system.

Tony informed me that the Intimidator system that I got installed had the Sebring x-pipe, and that I was the first one to get it. I guess he used to use the Magnaflow x-pipe, but switched over to the Sebring. The system (x-pipe and mufflers) now uses all Sebring components.

MY INITIAL THOUGHTS & REVIEW:

Aesthetics: The HFCs were a lot smaller than the OEM cats. The tubing was nice and shiny. The finish on the components was a really nice polished stainless steel.

The 4" tips that came with the system are just beautiful. They go well with the car (as seen in the pics above) and look like they belong there. They don't look cheap or ricey at all. Really nice and classy looking.

Beautiful welds, the craftsmanship on every component was TOP NOTCH. You can tell these guys know what they're doing and take pride in their work. I was very impressed with the quality of their products.

Start Up: Sounds a little louder and deeper.

Idle: The car during idle sounds deeper but not much louder.

Rev up in car: It has a noticeably deeper and louder growl compared to stock. Sounds very nice.

Rev up outside at rear: It is noticeably deeper and louder. Very nice and exotic sounding growl. It sounds VERY NICE. I had a couple buddies listen to it while I revved it up and they pretty much wet their shorts.

Driving with windows up and normal driving: It's still not very loud or intrusive at all during normal driving. I can tell it has a deeper tone but there is no drone. Driving in the freeway at 65 mph (approx 2500rpm at 6th gear), I couldn't even tell much difference from stock.

Driving with windows up at WOT: Even though the car is well insulated, you will hear the difference. It's deeper and louder, but sounds very refined and exotic.

Driving with windows down and normal driving: You can tell you have added something to your exhaust. It's deeper and louder than before, but nothing intrusive.

Driving with windows down at WOT: This is where the real fun begins. As the rpms go up, you are engulfed in a BEAUTIFUL exhaust tone. Very nice growl all the way up to redline. Sounds very refined and exotic. It's a pure joy driving hard through the gears. You can hear the engine noise as it revs up but the exhaust note is right there with it, the sound is pure harmony

Drive by outside car: The sound gives me goosebumps. The car sounds like sex on wheels. I absolutely LOVE it!

I've uploaded some videos on YouTube to give you guys an idea how it sounds. These short video clips don't do it justice IMHO, sounds so much better in person

Click for vids:

First start up after install

Revving it up (no load)

Cold start up

I managed to take a couple of other videos too. Forgive the video quality, it was kinda breezy and the video was taken with a cheapo Canon camera

Take Off

Drive By

MY OVERALL THOUGHTS:
I'm very happy with these mods. It makes the car feel like a completely different car altogether. The noise level does increase, but not to the point where it's intrusive or offensive. Sounds very classy and exotic. Would I do it again? Abso-friggin-lutely. It adds more pleasure to the whole driving experience.

As far as power gains... I haven't dyno'd the car yet but I do plan on doing it once I drive it for a few hundred miles so the ECU can re-learn the new mods. I can definitely feel a difference in power from my butt-dyno when driving the car, especially when you get to the mid-range all the way up to the higher rpms. The car just PULLS all the way up to redline, something I did not feel as much with the stock exhaust/cats. It definitely feels that the engine opened up and can breathe significantly better. I was pretty impressed. BTW, there are no SES light issues.

To Tony and his crew,
Thanks again for creating these great mods. Also thanks for the speedy install. I can't say enough how awesome the car is now.

I haven't stopped smiling since

Kudos to Fast Intentions, Tony, Danny, and Mike!

mike

Last edited by Motor25; 04-25-2008 at 02:30 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 03:31 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
great review...
Old 04-11-2008, 03:39 AM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
The Sebring X Pipe is still in the experimental phase. Currently we are still using the Magnaflow. However, in the near future we plan to switch over permanently. Thanks for the write up...

Tony
Old 04-11-2008, 03:41 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
any power changes?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:45 AM
gmlee86
Registered Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ +1. Also, how much did this set you back?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:00 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
WoW that looks like a familair Review format...

I would love to hear one of these in person

Last edited by MaxToTheG37; 04-11-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 04-11-2008, 09:46 AM
maxipad96

So you will be changing the format of the exhaust? What's the advantage of people purchasing the current design if a new improved permanent design is right around the corner?
Old 04-11-2008, 09:52 AM
IP37

nice

you should give me your stock exhaust tips
Old 04-11-2008, 10:36 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Nice write-up... Fast Intentions is really establishing it's name here... Looks Sweet!
Old 04-11-2008, 11:09 AM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Sounds great man congrats on the purchase.
Old 04-11-2008, 11:22 AM
jedmonds
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Nice write up, I still think from the pics the 4" tips look a little small...
Old 04-11-2008, 12:51 PM
0to60

Great write up...one of the best formats used for a review. One question--I love my stock tips, can they be used in place of the F.I. tips? Reviews like this make decisions easy.
Old 04-11-2008, 01:22 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

If you want to use stock tips with our cat back we can do that. What needs to happen is you need to convince one of our install customers to give me their stock muffler. Then I can cut the tips off and use them in your new setup. Or you can cut your stock tips off and send them to me...

Tony
(818) 882-2788
Old 04-11-2008, 01:43 PM
maxipad96

Originally Posted by FastIntentions
If you want to use stock tips with our cat back we can do that. What needs to happen is you need to convince one of our install customers to give me their stock muffler. Then I can cut the tips off and use them in your new setup. Or you can cut your stock tips off and send them to me...

Tony
(818) 882-2788
Can you answer my question regarding changing the format of the exhaust and why?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:40 PM
FastIntentions
MYG37.COM Sponsor

Originally Posted by maxipad96
Can you answer my question regarding changing the format of the exhaust and why?
It is not necessarily better. It is just different and since it is not in production just yet, I would rather not give away too many details here on the forum. I will discuss this further through pm or your are welcome to call me @ (818) 882-2788..

Thanks, Tony

Quick Reply: Fast Intentions Intimidator Exhaust & HFCs (My initial thoughts & review)