Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injen's Intake Pic...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 10:54 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Injen's Intake Pic...

Ok guys, here's the pic of what our Injen Intake is going to look like. This intake is the new production intake for a 350Z which is practically IDENTICAL to what we're going to have under our hoods... Only difference is ours is going to go straight down behind the bumper, rather than turn in front of the radiator like this one.(<---They tried that layout, but no power for us) Paul at Injen told me to take a pic to give you guys an idea...

Old 04-10-2008, 11:30 AM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Hmm looks nice but I am starting to loose faith. I think I am going exhaust and HFC only for now.
Old 04-10-2008, 11:31 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
Thanks for the heads up. Any word form Paul on power/torque numbers or estimated availability?
Old 04-10-2008, 11:38 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by Kidcane
Hmm looks nice but I am starting to loose faith. I think I am going exhaust and HFC only for now.
Don't lose faith bro, i'm telling you, it'll definitely be worth the wait... But hey, get the HFC's and exhaust while you tap your toes... I'm getting Injen's exhaust when it's ready...
Old 04-10-2008, 11:42 AM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
looks good
Old 04-10-2008, 11:53 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
damn that sucks i figured the filters in front of the rad would create more power since they would be getting a lot more air
Old 04-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
damn that sucks i figured the filters in front of the rad would create more power since they would be getting a lot more air
Yeah you're exactly right, more air... But I think it was too much air which created too lean of an air/fuel mixture and would've caused problems down the road (CEL, MAF Sensor)... These cars are tricky to mess with...
Old 04-10-2008, 12:09 PM
IP37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
think i'd rather have their prototype with the air boxes
Old 04-10-2008, 12:12 PM
ChOy BoY

i want it?
Old 04-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by Black Betty
Thanks for the heads up. Any word form Paul on power/torque numbers or estimated availability?
Actually I have some answers for these questions, but I can't say.... Injen said they would hang me and feed me to the pigs if I did... JK...
Old 04-10-2008, 12:26 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Now the exhaust is def something I will consider.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:01 PM
nj2tn

Looks unimpressive. Being devils advocate on this....hear me out...

Wouldn't it seem logical that the other manufacturers tried the same type of intake ? There doesn't seem to be anything drastically different about the Injen.
Old 04-10-2008, 01:13 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by nj2tn
Looks unimpressive. Being devils advocate on this....hear me out...

Wouldn't it seem logical that the other manufacturers tried the same type of intake ? There doesn't seem to be anything drastically different about the Injen.
Then you should probly just wait and see bro... It seems as though you are not easily influenced, which is exactly how I am... However keep in mind that the other intake companies don't have the added R&D and technology that Injen's do. Others just rushed to get an intake out for us without much research... Injen isn't just welding some pipes together, throwing on air filters, and calling it an intake... (I'm not saying that that's what the other companies did, but I'm not saying they didn't) That's why its taking so friggen long... And their MR Technology & Air Fusion is where its at...

Last edited by Gamedog; 04-10-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 02:19 PM
xdram

Originally Posted by gamedog
Then you should probly just wait and see bro... It seems as though you are not easily influenced, which is exactly how I am... However keep in mind that the other intake companies don't have the added R&D and technology that Injen's do. Others just rushed to get an intake out for us without much research... Injen isn't just welding some pipes together, throwing on air filters, and calling it an intake... (I'm not saying that that's what the other companies did, but I'm not saying they didn't) That's why its taking so friggen long... And their MR Technology & Air Fusion is where its at...
Maybe i'm missing something here, what else is there? location? I mean they aren't messing with the ECU right? it's just tubes, filters and pick a setup to locate it. How could 3-4 companies get 0 and Injen gets what? 14HP? I guess i'm skeptical but I'm hoping all the best, it looks good so if it produces some numbers I'm in. But I just can't help but wonder how others weren't able to find the magic location Injen found, not exactly rocket science. I'll take your word for it while I wait for the release. But good work providing us with info..
Old 04-10-2008, 02:32 PM
nj2tn

^ I agree, but it's cool you're keeping us updated. I'll gladly fork out my $ to Injen if they prove it's making power. If not I'm going with a standard noise maker that doesn't have the potential for sucking up water.

The only thing that still makes me question their marketing numbers is the S2000. I referenced it before but there's intakes for the car that are upwards of 1,000$ and more that produce 2-3 hp on a good day.

Quick Reply: Injen's Intake Pic...