Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Injen's Intake Pic...

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 02:38 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by xdram
Maybe i'm missing something here, what else is there? location? I mean they aren't messing with the ECU right? it's just tubes, filters and pick a setup to locate it. How could 3-4 companies get 0 and Injen gets what? 14HP? I guess i'm skeptical but I'm hoping all the best, it looks good so if it produces some numbers I'm in. But I just can't help but wonder how others weren't able to find the magic location Injen found, not exactly rocket science. I'll take your word for it while I wait for the release. But good work providing us with info..
No they arent touching the ECU at all... But i'll tell you what, its that darn ECU that's making it tough for everyone... It isnt simply tubes, filters and a setup to pick... No no no, more extensive... WAY more extensive... It's not just location, its TECHNOLOGY... Rocket Science? No. But Physics, Yes... Knowing where to make bends, what degree of bends, air speed after the bends, knowing where to downsize the tubing to make up for slower/faster airspeed, location of the MAF Sensor, Air Filter size, EVERYTHING is taken into account here... Have I mentioned MR Technology and Air Fusion yet? <---That is a pretty amazing system in itself...

Last edited by Gamedog; 04-10-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:03 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
just realese the darn thing already
Old 04-10-2008, 03:30 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am almost positive that this intake is going to be great. They have spent a lot of time in doing their research where as the other companies really didn't. We are now 8 months from when the G37 was released? They have been researching this for awhile from what I hear. Not sure if they will be able to produce the numbers that we first heard but we will see. I do have faith though that they will increase HP/TQ.
Old 04-10-2008, 03:43 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
I am almost positive that this intake is going to be great. They have spent a lot of time in doing their research where as the other companies really didn't. We are now 8 months from when the G37 was released? They have been researching this for awhile from what I hear. Not sure if they will be able to produce the numbers that we first heard but we will see. I do have faith though that they will increase HP/TQ.
seriously though. how funny would it be after all this hype and talk and taking so long for them to make, outrageous hp claims and when independent dyno's on people's cars start to happen it makes little to no hp like the rest...
Old 04-10-2008, 04:18 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
that would be very annoying...^ lol i will have a before and after dyno for you guys.. but considering i have TPs and a catback i dont know if the numbers will be the same? I think because it is a cold air it will make more power than the rest...
Old 04-10-2008, 05:16 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
any hope of it being CARB approved?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:24 PM
nj2tn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by bboysteele
I am almost positive that this intake is going to be great. They have spent a lot of time in doing their research where as the other companies really didn't.
I actually know folks at some of the "other" companies and they did their work. Trust me. I want the Injen to make power, but let's be realistic here.

I hope i'm the first to stick my foot in my mouth when/if they make power but we'll see.

Old 04-10-2008, 06:27 PM
Kidcane
Florida G Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
There is gonna be some serious "told ya so" going on either way once this thing comes out. Cant wait!
Old 04-10-2008, 06:42 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

^^^ Yeah I know huh?
Old 04-10-2008, 06:43 PM
vinnys coupe

haha there really is.. but if this doesnt show any power we should all be rebels and not buy it.. keep us waiting long enought worth the wait for gains, but no for sound..

unless they give the website like a sick sick sick discount
Old 04-10-2008, 06:50 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
haha there really is.. but if this doesnt show any power we should all be rebels and not buy it.. keep us waiting long enought worth the wait for gains, but no for sound..

unless they give the website like a sick sick sick discount
LOL! Believe me dude, there's power... And sound... I'll see what I could do about maybe getting the forum some kind of a discount on it... Maybe a Group Buy? Can't promise anything though... We'll see once everything is all said and done...
Old 04-10-2008, 06:55 PM
vinnys coupe

o yeah bro.. a group buy for this thing is a must lol.. half or even 3/4 of the forum is buying this thing lol a group buy should b a must.. but then they might be so confident in this product and not budge
Old 04-10-2008, 07:17 PM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
work your magic for a group buy..
Old 04-10-2008, 07:56 PM
nj2tn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trust me, i hope there's an I told you so....heh, I want cheap power.

heh.
Old 04-10-2008, 08:27 PM
akochman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
still waiting on this thing. I am guessing that it will basically look the same as the CAI on the g35 except there will be 2 of them? Can't wait for this to come out!

Quick Reply: Injen's Intake Pic...