Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

*SOUND CLIP* of the Infamous Muffler Rattle

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 01:57 AM
SkyzDaL1m1T

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^^WENT TO MILLER INFINITI IN VAN NUYS SINCE I LIVE really close by and the customer service was ehhh...yeah right when i went in i already knew that it was my left muffler and then i talked with one of the actually mechanics and they showed me and told me what it was and i had one of the service consultants order me the part..Same thing happened gave me a rental and called me 3 hours afterwards telling me the part was on backorder and they will tell me when it gets in...duude i think i saw you today do u have a roof overlay?? i was the spikey haired guy there with my AB behind you waiting in the service area and i looked at the mechanic and said hes probably in for the same thing and i could hear the tin can clanking from yours too...

Last edited by SkyzDaL1m1T; 05-22-2008 at 02:02 AM.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:18 AM
MaDd

was this around 1pm? i remember seeing an AB coupe and i might remember seeing you.. did you have a button down shirt? (not too sure about that). i had a bright blue shirt on at that time. and ya that was my coupe. it sounded extra nice and raspy when i pulled out
Old 05-22-2008, 09:04 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyzDaL1m1T
^^^WENT TO MILLER INFINITI IN VAN NUYS SINCE I LIVE really close by and the customer service was ehhh...yeah right when i went in i already knew that it was my left muffler and then i talked with one of the actually mechanics and they showed me and told me what it was and i had one of the service consultants order me the part..Same thing happened gave me a rental and called me 3 hours afterwards telling me the part was on backorder and they will tell me when it gets in...duude i think i saw you today do u have a roof overlay?? i was the spikey haired guy there with my AB behind you waiting in the service area and i looked at the mechanic and said hes probably in for the same thing and i could hear the tin can clanking from yours too...
you mean your left tip is rattling. cause there is only one large pan. we dont have two
Old 05-22-2008, 01:26 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
was this around 1pm? i remember seeing an AB coupe and i might remember seeing you.. did you have a button down shirt? (not too sure about that). i had a bright blue shirt on at that time. and ya that was my coupe. it sounded extra nice and raspy when i pulled out

NO button down shirt more like a hoodie jumpsuit....and yeah i left around 1-2 when they wanted their rental back and gave me my G back.

and UNIV my bad i ment to say the exhaust tip i was just still annoyed at the fact that my rattle wont be fixed for another week or two.
Old 05-22-2008, 02:17 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
NO button down shirt more like a hoodie jumpsuit....and yeah i left around 1-2 when they wanted their rental back and gave me my G back.

and UNIV my bad i ment to say the exhaust tip i was just still annoyed at the fact that my rattle wont be fixed for another week or two.
no worries man. just trying to understand what you were talking about
Old 05-24-2008, 03:28 PM
MaDd

sorry i dont pay much detail of people besides some bomb *** girlies.. but im pretty sure i saw you tho. are you armenian?
Old 05-25-2008, 05:59 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

Originally Posted by MaDdFLaSheR
sorry i dont pay much detail of people besides some bomb *** girlies.. but im pretty sure i saw you tho. are you armenian?
yup i am armenian..you too?
Old 05-26-2008, 06:57 PM
MaDd

ya. im a pretty wild mix. russian german armenian mongolian. barev
Old 05-26-2008, 07:38 PM
SkyzDaL1m1T

nice im just lebanese armenian barev lol
Old 06-04-2008, 02:09 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've been having some rattling sounds from my exhaust, took it to the dealer today, the sound wasn't there this time for some reason (couldn't hear it, maybe cuz it was very noisy) but they ordered me a new muffler anyways.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:00 PM
weave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My muffler did not rattle until I went to HFCs...now it does and is getting worse.

I feel embarrassed to throttle it too hard in fear of being laughed at because it sounds like crap.
Old 06-07-2008, 10:45 PM
tmartin316

i got mine replaced with the new part number and it doesn't seem to do it anymore -- havent had it on long yet
Old 06-08-2008, 03:09 AM
SkyzDaL1m1T

great im still waiting for the dealership to get my left muffler in and now the right one starts up with the nasty rattling
Old 06-08-2008, 07:04 AM
alunserjr

G37 muffler rattle - dealer replaced muffler

Rattle started after only about 2,500 miles. Worse first thing on a cold morning. Would go away after a minute. Took it to the dealer, they kept it for 3-days - couldn't hear it - I went down one morning and took the tech for a ride and we could hear it just for the first minute. That night researched on the web and found the info in this forum. Told the dealer about the forum and the muffler issue - dealer researched and said Infiniti is aware of the problem - they replaced my muffler and the noise is gone. It could be me, but the replacement muffler sounds better too.
Old 06-09-2008, 04:09 PM
madmikeg37
Banned

Cool

Originally Posted by tmartin316
I'm on my 2nd exhaust system too and it's happening again... though not as often (yet)... it's been like this for several months... I told IOT but they haven't offered to replace it, saying a new part might come out. I haven't checked in lately. What are you guys doing about it? (other than ordering a diff brand)
Hust gor ICS to pay for part of cat back.

Since I documented 4 mufflers had to be raplaced.

(2 new build mufflers/ Only diff. they sound quieter at first then same crap)

Choice was $455.00 (! month car payment)
or $200.00 (service voucher)

Screw that give me the cash.

So cat back with hfc's only cost $1200.00 total.

Sweeeeeeeeeet!

Quick Reply: *SOUND CLIP* of the Infamous Muffler Rattle