Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual Exhaust (Titanium) Infiniti G37

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2008, 03:26 PM
tabbott

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hope someone from AAM chimes in here. If the price on the website is correct this exhaust is a joke to me. I don't know a person in the world who would pay 1700 for an axle back exhaust system, titanium tips or not. Even Stillen's overpriced crap is not that expensive and that is at least a full cat-back. What do you guys think?
Old 01-29-2008, 04:00 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tabbott
I hope someone from AAM chimes in here. If the price on the website is correct this exhaust is a joke to me. I don't know a person in the world who would pay 1700 for an axle back exhaust system, titanium tips or not. Even Stillen's overpriced crap is not that expensive and that is at least a full cat-back. What do you guys think?
its not Ti tips. its full Ti from the axle back. usually a full single Ti exhaust will run around 1500-1800, so since your getting two Ti systems from the axle back the price is about right....
Old 01-29-2008, 04:01 PM
UNV-IT46

also i am not sure what the weight is of the two pans from aam but i am willing to bet if you compair the weight of the aam pans to the stillin pans i would be willing to bet they are about 1/4 of the weight....
Old 01-29-2008, 04:04 PM
tabbott

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
its not Ti tips. its full Ti from the axle back. usually a full single Ti exhaust will run around 1500-1800, so since your getting two Ti systems from the axle back the price is about right....
When I looked at the website yesterday it said only the tips were titanium. If the full system is titanium then I agree with price for sure. I know single Ti systems that cost that much for the Z so it seems reasonable.
Old 01-29-2008, 04:09 PM
UNV-IT46

When I looked at the website yesterday it said only the tips were titanium. If the full system is titanium then I agree with price for sure. I know single Ti systems that cost that much for the Z so it seems reasonable.
ya i read that too but something doesnt seem correct. If that was the case the Tips would be riveted on because you cant weld Ti onto SS. thats why if you looks at the HKS system with the Ti tips you see little rivets holding the tips on. the aam pictures the tips are welded on to the pans. also the welds all look to be Ti and so do the welds on the piping. maybe then are saying the specs based of the SS version but the upgraded Ti version is all Ti. I dont know for sure about this specific system but again judging by the pics it should be all Ti
Old 02-13-2008, 09:03 PM
kanned

They gotta make their Haas CNC payments some how...
Old 02-17-2008, 03:11 PM
terrycs
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Jee III VII

Titanium cracks. Right! Tell that to the pilots that flew the all titanium SR 71 Blackbird.
BTW ... the SR-71 Blackbird was made of inconel

sorry for the resurrection

Last edited by terrycs; 02-17-2008 at 03:16 PM.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:13 PM
Pearlcoupeg35

Didnt even bother reading this whole thread once it got off on the rice or not rice tangent........but my question is, where is the AMUSE exhaust for t he G37??? All i see is the link to the G35 system. Is there one yet?

I also have yet to see any exhaust id put on a G37.......and thats based on looks/sound/brand name/quality. I dont really think a catback exhaust for a car like this should be judged on its gains (unless it HURTS performance) since most will get you like 10 crank hp...aka...nothing hahaha.
Old 02-19-2008, 07:34 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Pearlcoupeg35
Didnt even bother reading this whole thread once it got off on the rice or not rice tangent........but my question is, where is the AMUSE exhaust for t he G37??? All i see is the link to the G35 system. Is there one yet?

I also have yet to see any exhaust id put on a G37.......and thats based on looks/sound/brand name/quality. I dont really think a catback exhaust for a car like this should be judged on its gains (unless it HURTS performance) since most will get you like 10 crank hp...aka...nothing hahaha.
no the amuse is not ready yet. the only exhaust like the amuse is the impul which was just released. but its not 100% Ti. the pan system is SS with Ti tips and the mid pipe section comes in either SS or 100% Ti
Old 02-27-2008, 09:47 AM
Pearlcoupeg35

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
no the amuse is not ready yet. the only exhaust like the amuse is the impul which was just released. but its not 100% Ti. the pan system is SS with Ti tips and the mid pipe section comes in either SS or 100% Ti
Thank you. I will keep an eye out for the Amuse
Old 03-03-2008, 01:49 PM
needed247

Originally Posted by Dominican_Capt
Just b/c those cars have it doesn't make it ricey. Lamborghini Doors were considered the coolest doors on the planet until people started doing it to their own cars. Big Wing spoilers are considered rice yet they were pioneered on Formula 1 cars and the biggest wing on any production car is the Porsche 911 GT3RS. What I find most funny is that most people around the world don't call it ricer stuff or any of that. It's known as Japanese tuning and yet only Americans refer to it as ricer. It's this continued mindset that anything coming out of the Japanese Aftermarket is rice and therefore whack. Not Gemballa, Hamann, TechArt or Ruf started the Aftermarket turbo kit. That was HKS. Burnt Titanium tips is a style, nothing more yet if a 993 Turbo had first debuted it, would you still consider it ricer? Whether people like it or not, Americans still hold a certain racist mindset when it comes to anything japanese. It's kind of sad that American cars had to be so badly made in order for japanese cars to get their long deserved due. I'm done with my rant. If Powerhouse Amuse produces a Full Titanium Kit for the G37, I'd buy it because I like it. And that's all the reason I need

agree..
Old 03-04-2008, 11:10 AM
Jon@Altered
Banned

Hey everybody, heres my first post on myG37, w00T!! Sorry for the late reply, but I was reading through the pages and everyone makes very valid points as far as the discussion on exhaust brands, pricing and styles. I know our picture looks a bit deceiving, but our G37 exhaust is a true dual cat back, from the cats all the way back, just like our Z/G35 exhaust. So the price on our website is for true dual catback, not just axle back exhaust. Anyone who knows me knows I love JDM as much as the next guy, especially Amuse products. You guys say there is Impul exhaust available for the car too? Schweet. And I'm sure other companies like Top Secret, Fuji, Esprit and Mine's have exhaust in the works. All of those companies make FANTASTIC product, but what I can say about our True Dual Exhaust is that it looks and sounds incredible on the G37, as well as on the G35 and 350Z. And I also think its a pretty good price for true dual 3 inch exhaust. I guess ultimately it comes down to the owner. If someone's going for a JDM only feel, then by all means, grab some JDM exhaust for your car, but if you just want an exhaust system that looks great, sounds good, frees up some weight and adds power, then we might have the exhaust for you! I will do my best to post dyno numbers, and exhaust sound clips after the G37 we have in the shop is back together. (Developing a turbo kit) If anyone has any other questions or comments, feel free to post them, pm me, email jonw@alteredatmosphere.com or call me at 301.330.8835. I'll try to get over on this site as much as possible, as I spend a lot of time over on my350. And I love the G37! I've got a picture of the Skyline 370GT on my desktop at work! If anybody needs super hi res wallpapers of their car, check out this URL: http://press.nissan-global.com/NEW_S...otographs.html<<<A little off topic, sorry.

Ok, long Post so, here are some cliffs:

JDM Exhaust=Expensive,but WIN

AAM Exhaust=Less expensive than JDM, and but still WIN

G37=WIN

Old 03-04-2008, 02:17 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Jon@Altered
Hey everybody, heres my first post on myG37, w00T!! Sorry for the late reply, but I was reading through the pages and everyone makes very valid points as far as the discussion on exhaust brands, pricing and styles. I know our picture looks a bit deceiving, but our G37 exhaust is a true dual cat back, from the cats all the way back, just like our Z/G35 exhaust. So the price on our website is for true dual catback, not just axle back exhaust. Anyone who knows me knows I love JDM as much as the next guy, especially Amuse products. You guys say there is Impul exhaust available for the car too? Schweet. And I'm sure other companies like Top Secret, Fuji, Esprit and Mine's have exhaust in the works. All of those companies make FANTASTIC product, but what I can say about our True Dual Exhaust is that it looks and sounds incredible on the G37, as well as on the G35 and 350Z. And I also think its a pretty good price for true dual 3 inch exhaust. I guess ultimately it comes down to the owner. If someone's going for a JDM only feel, then by all means, grab some JDM exhaust for your car, but if you just want an exhaust system that looks great, sounds good, frees up some weight and adds power, then we might have the exhaust for you! I will do my best to post dyno numbers, and exhaust sound clips after the G37 we have in the shop is back together. (Developing a turbo kit) If anyone has any other questions or comments, feel free to post them, pm me, email jonw@alteredatmosphere.com or call me at 301.330.8835. I'll try to get over on this site as much as possible, as I spend a lot of time over on my350. And I love the G37! I've got a picture of the Skyline 370GT on my desktop at work! If anybody needs super hi res wallpapers of their car, check out this URL: http://press.nissan-global.com/NEW_S...otographs.html<<<A little off topic, sorry.

G37=WIN

Thanks for the post. Appreciate the info, cant wait for the sound clips
Old 03-05-2008, 04:30 AM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Jon@Altered

G37=WIN

Good to hear from you Jon, if you could get us a dyno sheet of a before and after test on a G37 then that would be great so we all know what type of power we can expect out of this exhaust. Sound clips on a G37 are greatly needed to.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:54 AM
Jon@Altered
Banned

No prob guys! I look forwarding to posting more on these boards too. Gotta get my post count up so I won't be such a newbie. We've got a black G37 in the shop right now with the exhaust, so once that car hits the dyno, I'll be right there with my video camera. I'll also snap some pics of the exhaust on the car, with freshly mounted Volk SF Winning wheels!

Quick Reply: AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual Exhaust (Titanium) Infiniti G37