Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual Exhaust (Titanium) Infiniti G37

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 11:55 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fireboy
So i think this thread has managed to go from AAM new True Dual 3" Exhaust to the use of the word Rice, Ricey, Rice Burner, etc. I dont think it matters really, the whole point of something being Ricey, Rice is purely a matter of an individuals own opinion. Quit frankly i dont care what somebody else thinks "to each is his own". As soon as my car is running and i am home i will get you a sound clip of my "ricey exhaust" and you can make your on opinion. Far as AAM reputation i understand everybody makes mistakes, but i also unerstand and know the quality of there work now. i geuss time will tell on what kind of shop they are and i am sure they will come out on top.

so off topic anybody no of any reason you cant use 2nd gear to start out in?
You definitely need to take pics and post them too. Would be nice to see it in this thread. As far as starting out in 2nd, you can but the reason that you don't is the wear that is done on the clutch due to you having to release the clutch much slower. Starting in 2nd, IMO, should only be done when starting on a slippery road with snow.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:19 AM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As far as Exhaust is concered, HKS, Powerhouse Amuse, and If Top Secret does one..Dat's my list, yea I want a titanium exhaust..yea it just might have a blue burnt tip but as the true tuners know, an HKS Exhaust is one of the meanest sounding in the market (not loudest, meanest, as in loud but deep-throated)...
Old 01-27-2008, 03:32 PM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
The Amuse exhaust for the G35 was the ONLY exhaust system I even considered putting on that car. The price, well lets just say I didn't get it!
Not even HKS??? I'm surprised Diamond...
Old 01-27-2008, 03:50 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Dominican_Capt
Not even HKS??? I'm surprised Diamond...
HKS is not on the same level as amuse. for those who have never seen an amuse exhaust up close and personal they are second to none. the welds are simply amazing. they are perfect in every way. there are no uneven welds no raised bumps. just perfection. and to acheive this on Ti is extremely hard.
Old 01-27-2008, 06:25 PM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

I agree with you on the quality of the Amuse exhaust but as an alternative, the HKS kicks *** if u can't afford the Amuse...
Old 01-27-2008, 07:53 PM
Jee III VII

Todd says: Their own link claims 11 HP, typical of any exhaust. If they only claim 11, where do you get 15-20 proven from? It weighs less yes, but I didn't know SS had a problem handling heat. What you clearly don't know about titanium is it is fragile. It will crack eventually. SS is the overwhelming choice for street exhaust systems. Strong and corrosion resistant.

Titanium cracks. Right! Tell that to the pilots that flew the all titanium SR 71 Blackbird.

Last edited by Jee III VII; 01-27-2008 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:19 PM
todd92

My experience with Ti exhaust systems is on MX bikes. They are not durable. Weight is far more important on a MX bike than on a street sports car. Yet many riders go with SS, since they don't want to replace 800 dollar Ti system when they break. So they are willing to live with the extra pound or two. Not sure what a thin walled Ti exhaust system has to do with the SR-71 other than the same metal was used in an entirely different application. Maybe you can enlighten us why that is a useful point to make.
Old 01-27-2008, 08:19 PM
Keatonus

Originally Posted by Jee III VII
Todd says: Their own link claims 11 HP, typical of any exhaust. If they only claim 11, where do you get 15-20 proven from? It weighs less yes, but I didn't know SS had a problem handling heat. What you clearly don't know about titanium is it is fragile. It will crack eventually. SS is the overwhelming choice for street exhaust systems. Strong and corrosion resistant.

Titanium cracks. Right! Tell that to the pilots that flew the all titanium SR 71 Blackbird.
haha yeah really, not to mention the ZR1 Corvette uses Titanium connecting rods, I'm sure they chose Titanium because it cracks.

Stainless steal is used on most exhaust systems because it's cheap and effective, heck even Aluminized steal is universally used because it's even cheaper.

Titanium is used because it's pretty much the best of the best without going Iconel.

As far as blue tips are concerned I've never considered that rice, I've never seen a Civic with blue tipped Exhaust, and I bet the exhaust only looks like that for show, and comes with regular silver tips.

And less bends=more power, if you believe otherwise, you need to read up on exhaust. Less Bends=More Flow, More Flow=More Power. If you disagree ask yourself why people take off catalytic converters, and if you think it's because "dhur more pollutants in the air=more power" you're wrong.
Old 01-27-2008, 10:21 PM
UNV-IT46

agreed
Old 01-27-2008, 10:22 PM
UNV-IT46

Originally Posted by Dominican_Capt
I agree with you on the quality of the Amuse exhaust but as an alternative, the HKS kicks *** if u can't afford the Amuse...
agreed
Old 01-27-2008, 10:25 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I don't consider blue tips rice, I just (and again, its an opinion) think that the can-style exhaust like that is ricey (again, thats just my opinion)
Old 01-27-2008, 11:05 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I am not into the design style of this one. I am sure that the build quality is there though. So far my favorite as regards looks and sound is the Tanabe.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:56 AM
Da Hashi

I think they look ok....yes price is a little high i guess....dont know about this ricey look you guys are talking about.....Ti is strong!!!but gets brittle when it gets very hot....i dont think it gets that hot back there to make it brittle...i'll wait to see what greddy and blitz come out with......oh u racy ***** I love rice!!! I hope someone makes a x pipe hear they make car go fass ...

Last edited by Da Hashi; 01-28-2008 at 05:18 AM.
Old 01-28-2008, 04:06 PM
DetroitG37Joe

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by todd92
The giant blue tips are ricey. So it's kinda pricey and ricey...
I think Todd was noting the blue tips as ricey. Not neccesarily the build or performance gains that the exhaust they get. And I agree with that. There's no way i want to throw off the color balance of my car with blue exhaust tips - that looks kinda ghetto. An Athens Blue G might be able to pull it off but even then I think it looks weird...
Old 01-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Dominican_Capt
Registered Member

Originally Posted by DetroitG37Joe
I think Todd was noting the blue tips as ricey. Not neccesarily the build or performance gains that the exhaust they get. And I agree with that. There's no way i want to throw off the color balance of my car with blue exhaust tips - that looks kinda ghetto. An Athens Blue G might be able to pull it off but even then I think it looks weird...
I'm glad I'm getting a Athens Blue then...

Quick Reply: AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual Exhaust (Titanium) Infiniti G37