Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual Exhaust (Titanium) Infiniti G37

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 06:53 AM
fireboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you had read the rest of the comments then you would know where my comments came from. As far as my grammar goes i am not here tring to impress you with my grammar i am not writing a college term paper sorry its a forum.
As far as the BMW and the Mercedes, if i want to spend the money on them or wanted to drive them or if i liked the body style then i would purchase one but i dont. I also dont see the connection between the high end SUV and a G Coupe really. I had no idea they were even in the same class, please let me know when you find that in a magazine.
As far as my "high horse" that i am on i am tired of people complaining about spending the extra couple of bucks to get the premium parts and to get them installed right. this is from plenty of other forums. yes we all would like for things be alittle cheaper for our cars but to get it done right sometimes you have to pay for it.
Just saying do it right the first time so you know you wont have any problems.. hopefully i didnt dazzly you with my grammar on this one either
If i am wrong about the titanium pipes being blue on my car please let me know, but i dont think they changed color over night. and i dont think the pipes will change color very easily, please let me know if i am wrong. i am sure you wont have a problem doing that

Last edited by fireboy; 01-26-2008 at 07:36 AM.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:25 AM
todd92

If you want to spend top dollar to make your car look like a 10 year old Civic that is your right. But please spare us the dumb *** comments like the tips are angled for better flow. I think most people agree what rice is. You see it on beater Civics every day. I'll bet some more items on your mod list are blue headlights, clears, purple window tint, neon underlights, chain license plate frame, CF hood and a big cheesy wing.

Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it isn't tacky.
Old 01-26-2008, 07:42 AM
fireboy

Originally Posted by todd92
If you want to spend top dollar to make your car look like a 10 year old Civic that is your right. But please spare us the dumb *** comments like the tips are angled for better flow. I think most people agree what rice is. You see it on beater Civics every day. I'll bet some more items on your mod list are blue headlights, clears, purple window tint, neon underlights, chain license plate frame, CF hood and a big cheesy wing.

Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it isn't tacky.
i guess you will have to wait and see what else is on my list of mods.. and i promise none of those are on there. sorry i will post some pics when i pick it up
Old 01-26-2008, 08:47 AM
fireboy

sorry about my snappy comments i guess i have been in the sand box(iraq) to long and ready to come home. please dont take anything offensive
Old 01-26-2008, 09:33 AM
peterbanks

Originally Posted by fireboy
dam i cant wait to drive my car, and trust me AAM has not put anything out that does not sound good. and when its done the car is going to need it
its going to be one sick ride hopefully have pics of the finished product in the next couple of weeks
Just wanted to say thanks for letting them use your car. If it wasn't for guys like you we would all be waiting even longer for quality parts.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:38 AM
Carolina_g37

Originally Posted by RYs06MT
Sorry I have no idea what you are trying to say. Rice is universal, from clear alteeza lights, to shopping cart looking spoilers, to tacky vinyl graphics, neon under glows etc etc etc. “Go big or go home” hahaah Come off your high horse, you speak of your Infiniti like it's a Ferrari, saying members don’t have $1,600 dollars to spend on your exhaust get real. We all know what we have, mid-level coupes which are cars many can afford when you look at the roads flooded with SUV's and high end extended cab pick up trucks which all range in the 30-50k range. You drive a G37 come back to earth, great car for the money but far from the price or performance of an BMW M3, M6 or CL Mercedes Benz.

Secondly there are many quality made Domestic cars in the price range of our G37's, Cobra, Saleen, Roush Mustangs and Corvettes, and in my personal opinion there is no better sounding motor than a v8 or an inline 4 with exhaust.
Only thing made for a circus I see are your blue clown colored tips and lack of proper grammar in your post. Your $1,600 should have went to an English class at your local Jr. College.

Damn... makes me feel like **** for driving my current Toyota.

Anyways- Not to start an argument, but an Infiniti is a brand and although its not in the ranks of Ferrari's, it's a brand of luxury, and in this case with the G, somewhat sport as well. I am intending on buying a G versus a 350/370 in 2009 because of what the brand is known for...

About the rice... eh. At least it performs vs just cosmetic. unno:
Just my 2 cents~

Cheers
Old 01-26-2008, 02:22 PM
fireboy

thats cool i use to drive a toyota as well. they are great for everyday driving i love them.. i will probably get one for my everyday driver again so i dont have to drive my G everyday. they are great on gas too.

on another note i am glade that AAM was willing to take on the task that i gave them for my car seeing they got it 2 months after the car came out on the market they are doing an awesome job.
Old 01-26-2008, 05:52 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'll stand by what I said. Oversized blue tips on undersized round mufflers pointing out at odd angles. Pure rice.

I actually agree with you here. N1 style cans w/ oversized tips belong on a civic... very ricey, not sexy at all IMO.

Also, I've heard many negative things about AAM on My350Z / G35Driver.com so I wouldn't buy anything AAM myself.
Old 01-26-2008, 06:02 PM
fireboy

so please tell me what you have heard negative about them
Old 01-26-2008, 06:42 PM
CrazyRuskie
Crazy Russian Super Mod

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm not going to go diggin on My350Z / G35Driver to find the threads, all I'm saying is I've heard / read negative things so PERSONALLY I am not going to purchase anything from them. Not saying anything bad about AAM because I haven't done business with them. You can search My350Z & G35Driver and see what you can find.

Either way, I still think those mufflers/tips look ricey, just like todd92 said.
Old 01-26-2008, 09:15 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
wow most of these post have been so stupid. Why even bothering fighting with these ignorant people. Let them think amuse, top secret, hks, and so on is rice. those companies dont care. they are busy making the best quality items in the world and setting records with their rice cars.....
Old 01-26-2008, 10:07 PM
todd92

Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
wow most of these post have been so stupid. Why even bothering fighting with these ignorant people. Let them think amuse, top secret, hks, and so on is rice. those companies dont care. they are busy making the best quality items in the world and setting records with their rice cars.....
Who said any of those companies were rice? They make many fine products. The discussion was about the rice exhaust. Good companies do blow it sometimes.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:11 PM
GiGGaplease

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Who said any of those companies were rice? They make many fine products. The discussion was about the rice exhaust. Good companies do blow it sometimes.
does it matters? just drop it already, this thread is about the aam exhaust...
Old 01-26-2008, 10:37 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Hmm... Nice exhaust, but too pricy. Not sure it is worth it.
Old 01-26-2008, 10:38 PM
fireboy

So i think this thread has managed to go from AAM new True Dual 3" Exhaust to the use of the word Rice, Ricey, Rice Burner, etc. I dont think it matters really, the whole point of something being Ricey, Rice is purely a matter of an individuals own opinion. Quit frankly i dont care what somebody else thinks "to each is his own". As soon as my car is running and i am home i will get you a sound clip of my "ricey exhaust" and you can make your on opinion. Far as AAM reputation i understand everybody makes mistakes, but i also unerstand and know the quality of there work now. i geuss time will tell on what kind of shop they are and i am sure they will come out on top.

so off topic anybody no of any reason you cant use 2nd gear to start out in?

Quick Reply: AAM Spec 3 in. MaxFlow True Dual Exhaust (Titanium) Infiniti G37