Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

JWT intake anybody??

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 02:30 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by SLaPiNFuNK
you havent been in the NISSAN tuner market very long then have you?

ha ha, NOPE. I was always a Honda and Toyota guy before. Mugen's and TRD's.
Old 12-01-2007, 07:09 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
From JWT: Supposed' realease soon.. MSRP $395

Well, we didn’t think we’d do it! In 2007 Nissan drastically improved the VQ35 intake system by adding an extra throttle, so the question was, is there any room for improvement? After a full year of testing JWT got the answer, "YES", but only with the most efficient Pop-Charger Venturi inlets and hood-sealed heat shields. In addition to a 6.5 to10 WHP improvement, the tone of the engine due to the dual 6” venturis is definitely the most beautiful sound ever heard from a VQ engine! $395 release date - very soon, call us for pre-orders or more info.

I wrote them an e-mail asking when an expected release would be. I just ordered my Fujitas but would wait a few weeks-month for the JWT. Deffinately would like that heat shield!

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 12-01-2007 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12-02-2007, 02:57 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Yea my fujitas are going to be going on ebay most likely now..
Old 12-02-2007, 10:00 AM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by leeI35G35
ARe you serious? Most Z, G35 owners had a JWT pop-charger as a first mod. It actually did make some gains for those cars. Everyone I know that had them with the spacers were running very good times at the track. I am a little skeptical about my Fujitas that I am using. Seems like a lot of low-end is gone (more than I thought) and with low torque number from the start, that's not too good. However, Intake Noise > low-end ....for me until I find a replacement.

When they are completed with dual-popchargers and have real numbers, I may purchase.
+1 Same boat! I just remembered again the other day why i got Fujitas. Cadilac was messin with me, so i kept letttin him get in fronta me then would punch it to show i cd easily pass him. Had it in 3rd around 70 mph and goin up... then decided to put an end to it and just floored it... sounded like a JET engine growling! The guy flashed twice as he slowed down. It was
Old 12-03-2007, 08:28 AM
JoshiE

any word yet when this will be released...i'm getting antsy..ahha
Old 12-03-2007, 11:03 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
as stated yes JWT is a good company with great products. but personally I dont like short ram intakes at all. dyno's are very false with these as the car is sitting most times with the hood open which allows more hot air out and cool air to the filters. While driving at speed there is little no air at those points which means you are sucking in some hot *** air. Top Secret is working on long tube intakes with filters at the lower end and in front of the motor for cold air.
Old 12-03-2007, 11:26 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Dude, there is only so much air that can get into the engine, I assure you ANY of those intakes whether Fujita, JTW, Stillen, they all produce the same HP. The intake investment for me has all to do with the sound.

The good thing about JWT, the company is recognized by Nissan and will not void your warranty with such parts or raise any concern by the techs. This was that main reason I went with JWT on my G35.
Old 12-04-2007, 02:05 AM
JoshiE

Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
Dude, there is only so much air that can get into the engine, I assure you ANY of those intakes whether Fujita, JTW, Stillen, they all produce the same HP. The intake investment for me has all to do with the sound.

The good thing about JWT, the company is recognized by Nissan and will not void your warranty with such parts or raise any concern by the techs. This was that main reason I went with JWT on my G35.

I think Fujita doesn't void the warranty either b/c it is being sold at infiniti dealerships

I had no idea that changing bolt on parts will void warranty
So what am i allowed to change then LOL
Old 12-04-2007, 02:16 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

The valve caps and the radio presets!
Old 12-04-2007, 02:55 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
^^^ hahah
Old 12-04-2007, 09:00 AM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Ok I sent JWT an e-mail asking when they expected their Dual Intake to be out this is what I got..

Hi Austin,
We are currently working on a JWT intake filter system for the 2007 350Z and G35/G37 models. We are finishing up on our heat shield part of our system and are trying to get some of these done to ship before this year is up.

We are also working on a lightweight flywheel and performance clutch and upgrade camshafts availability is getting close.

We might look into the possibility of developing a twin turbo kit for these models in the near future.

Sign up on our E-mail list on our web site to be notified of any new JWT products as they become available. Here is a link to our page for this:

http://www.jimwolftechnology.com/mailform.asp

Best regards,
Ben Pila (Technical and Sales Support)
Jim Wolf Technology, Inc.
212 Millar Ave
El Cajon, CA 92020-4219
(619) 442-0680 Mon-Fri 8am-5pm PST
(619) 579-8160 24 hour fax
www.jimwolftechnology.com

Originally Posted by JoshiE
I think Fujita doesn't void the warranty either b/c it is being sold at infiniti dealerships

I had no idea that changing bolt on parts will void warranty
So what am i allowed to change then LOL
Yes my dealer has them too but this what they say..

Disclaimer: When installing non-Infiniti aftermarket products on your vehicle, you assume the risk that if you later present your vehicle for a warranty repair, the claim will be denied if the repair is determined to be necessary due to the non-Infiniti part/accessory or its installation."

Last edited by DiamondGCoupe; 12-04-2007 at 09:12 AM.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:00 PM
jnifong

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep, had JWT pop-charger and borla true dual exhaust on my z. The sound was incredible. I hope the same combination works with the G, when/if Borla makes an exhaust for the car.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:10 PM
cvt

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe
We are also working on a lightweight flywheel and performance clutch and upgrade camshafts availability is getting close.

We might look into the possibility of developing a twin turbo kit for these models in the near future.

oh snap! it's on like donkey kong....their S1 mild camshafts for the VQ35 were great! i can't wait what they have in store for the G37...plus reflash....OMG, top end is going to be awesome!
Old 12-22-2007, 06:39 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

OK.. Its coming up on the end of the year, I have not received any further e-mails from JWT about their G37 Intake.. They said they would most likely have SOME to ship out before '08, has anyone heard anything about these in the last few weeks?
Old 12-22-2007, 10:49 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by ekim1
I haven't heard anything about the JWT Popcharger for the VQ35HR, but I remember someone posting about the Injen intake on the new G37 S and it made less power?
Injen is not availible yet for the G37... so dunno how someone posted that...

Quick Reply: JWT intake anybody??