Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Regarding intakes and exhausts...

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2007, 03:12 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
^ Yep what CVT said...

As regards a simple set up for a stock ECU. I agree with that point as well. Ther eis only so much extra you are going to get out of NA mods. A straighter tube without the resonators (the z-tube) gave my 03 GCoupe the best results for an intake and it was the least expensive of the choices. My butt dyno felt the difference with the plennum/ z-tube set up.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:22 PM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
^ Yep what CVT said...

As regards a simple set up for a stock ECU. I agree with that point as well. Ther eis only so much extra you are going to get out of NA mods. A straighter tube without the resonators (the z-tube) gave my 03 GCoupe the best results for an intake and it was the least expensive of the choices. My butt dyno felt the difference with the plennum/ z-tube set up.
well most people dont take the time to do a simple ecu reset when they do mods like intakes and exhaust. which needs to be done...
Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 PM
DiamondGCoupe
Administrator

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Can someone post the steps to doing that (besides the battery disconnect).. I'll try and do it later if I dont forget. There is a procedure, key, gas pedal I can't remember it all.
Old 12-06-2007, 04:19 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by UNV-IT46
well most people dont take the time to do a simple ecu reset when they do mods like intakes and exhaust. which needs to be done...
Hmm, what does Resetting the ECU Do? Or why do it this way, than just disconnecting the batt? Just want to know the diffrences, as I just Installed my Stillen Dual Intakes on my G, and Just Disconnected the batt, per Stillens Instructions? Please Elaborate more? Thx.
Old 12-06-2007, 05:31 AM
UNV-IT46

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 808MIKE
Hmm, what does Resetting the ECU Do? Or why do it this way, than just disconnecting the batt? Just want to know the diffrences, as I just Installed my Stillen Dual Intakes on my G, and Just Disconnected the batt, per Stillens Instructions? Please Elaborate more? Thx.
what you did with the batt did reset the ecu. when reseting the ecu its in a sense re learns the car again. so it will be better suited to your car with your exhaust.....
Old 12-06-2007, 12:27 PM
inkum

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ecu

Okay. What is ECU? I got Stillen intakes. Don't know if they reset it?? Seems to run great as the dealer says after about 100 miles, the computer relearns by itself? If we disconnect the battery, what foul things is that going to cause with other parts, i.e., Nav, etc.?
Old 12-06-2007, 12:37 PM
3des

For a motor that constantly adjusts airflow via valve events I can't imagine the need for manually resetting the ECU (Engine Control Unit) unless you are doing something that would affect the stock air tables. A simple intake upgrade will not do this. If you change the diameter of the throttle body, the MAF, swap intake or exhaust manifolds then yes. But for these upgrades the ECU will have to learn new air tables, ie tuning, as the stock tables no longer apply.
Old 12-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Sweeet P

Is it necessary to reset the ECU after break-in? Just wondering..since my driving behavior while in break-in has been rather easy and subdued.
Old 12-07-2007, 12:18 AM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by inkum
Okay. What is ECU? I got Stillen intakes. Don't know if they reset it?? Seems to run great as the dealer says after about 100 miles, the computer relearns by itself? If we disconnect the battery, what foul things is that going to cause with other parts, i.e., Nav, etc.?
bumpp... how would you do the ecu upgrade
Old 12-07-2007, 03:46 AM
808MIKE

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by inkum
I know that when I reconnected ,my Batt, I had to reset my Memory Seat settings, and all the "Auto Rolldowns" for my Windows, as it would only Roll Down Automatically and Not back up. All you half to do to fix the Windows, Is Hold the Button In the "UP" Position, Like you are rolling the Window Up, and hold the Button up for like 5-10Sec, Then let Go. Then Try it to see if it "AUTO" Rolls Down, and UP. Thats it. Don't Know about NAV, Since my G does not have NAV.