Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

"Fujita Intake installed (too!)" ((ME THREE!)) - SOUND CLIP of intake inside & pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"FUJITA Intake installed (too!)" ((ME THREE!)) - SOUND CLIP of intake inside & pics

Like finagle & likwidfuzion, I got the Fujita SR-2206 dual short ram intakes as well.
My friend summed it up pretty well... the car now sounds like Chewbacca from star wars... in a good way!!

I did a buncha before and after audio/video clips of drive bys and other random stuff. I'm in the process of editing it all up, but since it was taking too long, i'll just post up a preview/teaser clip.

VIDEO -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiV6Tsd7cKk <- VIDEO

I installed last friday, but havent had time to edit the video, so i figured i should just POST now! update later

Lets begin. Engine cover off!

Stock Tube removed:

For the passenger side, i found it helpful to LOOSEN this bolt... despite the intructions not telling u to.
Made it easier to remove the "rubber tube from crankcase vent"

DOMO

Last edited by Ahujadaddy; 10-09-2007 at 09:38 PM. Reason: I felt like it.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:44 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Man that sounds goooooood!!!

So did you notice any difference in acceleration as well?
Thanks for posting.

Last edited by KAHBOOM; 10-09-2007 at 09:46 PM.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:30 PM
Ahujadaddy

^^hehe, didn't notice difference in that yet. We will find out tho when i take it back to the track again this friday!

BTW... while i was doin the intake swaps, i went ahead and replaced that small, yellow, city (parking) light in the headlight housing.
Details of that, with pics, can be seen here in this thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-interior-exterior-lighting/174690-city-light-parking-light-bulb-replaced-matches-hids-pretty-well-pics-inside.html

If you're curious =)
Old 10-09-2007, 11:01 PM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
sounds awesome man!
Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 AM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
sweet! cant wait to see more vids!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:49 AM
SilkeG

Sweet dejus !
Old 10-10-2007, 01:32 PM
CHI-TOWN G37

That fly-by in your vid is unreal. I'd be running for cover if I heard your G coming down the street!!!

wowsa!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM
ivory37

Yea I was unsure til I heard the drive by. Now Im ordering the intakes today.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:35 PM
carlo_amacio

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Great Video!
Old 10-11-2007, 03:10 AM
Blk-G35

Is Fujita intake CARB approved?
Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 AM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Blk-G35
Is Fujita intake CARB approved?
pending approval.
Old 10-11-2007, 10:53 AM
Ahujadaddy

^^so how are you liking it maaan? i could swear mine has actually quieted down... or could be cuz i have been carpooling with my dad this week.

I love my parking lights now. I gotta find your post from the LED website and make an ORDER!
Old 10-11-2007, 12:39 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
^^so how are you liking it maaan? i could swear mine has actually quieted down... or could be cuz i have been carpooling with my dad this week.

I love my parking lights now. I gotta find your post from the LED website and make an ORDER!
you'll think i'm crazy... i pulled the fujita's out and put the stocks back in. i coulda sworn that the acceleration wasn't as peppy with the fujita's in, and i was right. fiance even noticed. it's mainly at 2-3500rpms where the difference is noticed.

the other day though, i reset the ECU with the stocks in, and noticed slower accel in the above rpm range. i was like, "okaaay, what gives". so i reset the ECU again, and now it's back to peppy accel...

what i'm saying is, i think i'm gonna put the fujita's back in this weekend and give em another shot. if they reduce the accel even after a few ECU resets and tests, i'll take em out and sell them. i can't deal with aftermarket TAKING AWAY performance. i sent an email to EverythingG35.com where i bought them stating all of this. i asked how to go about returning and all, but have yet to hear back from them, which is not good because it's been 3 or 4 days now.

BUT, i LOVE my parking lights and all interior lights. i can't wait for a good documented set of springs and spacers come out, as that's next for sure.
Old 10-11-2007, 01:53 PM
COUPE-DADDY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by finagle69
you'll think i'm crazy... i pulled the fujita's out and put the stocks back in. i coulda sworn that the acceleration wasn't as peppy with the fujita's in, and i was right. fiance even noticed. it's mainly at 2-3500rpms where the difference is noticed.

the other day though, i reset the ECU with the stocks in, and noticed slower accel in the above rpm range. i was like, "okaaay, what gives". so i reset the ECU again, and now it's back to peppy accel...

what i'm saying is, i think i'm gonna put the fujita's back in this weekend and give em another shot. if they reduce the accel even after a few ECU resets and tests, i'll take em out and sell them. i can't deal with aftermarket TAKING AWAY performance. i sent an email to EverythingG35.com where i bought them stating all of this. i asked how to go about returning and all, but have yet to hear back from them, which is not good because it's been 3 or 4 days now.

BUT, i LOVE my parking lights and all interior lights. i can't wait for a good documented set of springs and spacers come out, as that's next for sure.

Its not uncommon for aftermarket intakes to actually lose power down low, especially without a tune.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:16 PM
go4gr8

Question

Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
For the passenger side, i found it helpful to LOOSEN this bolt... despite the intructions not telling u to.
Made it easier to remove the "rubber tube from crankcase vent"

Can you take a picture of this connection with the intake installed? A detail I'd like to see, please!

Quick Reply: "Fujita Intake installed (too!)" ((ME THREE!)) - SOUND CLIP of intake inside & pics