Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

"Fujita Intake installed (too!)" ((ME THREE!)) - SOUND CLIP of intake inside & pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:33 AM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Short-Ram intakes are proven to lose low-end power. That is a known fact. Even Real-Cold Air Intakes lose low-end power but, no-where near as much as short-rams.

Stock Air box > Fujita - for Low-End.
Stock Air Box < Fujita - for Mid-Range and High End.

MT cars won't lose as much low-end but they still lose a good amount. As rpms climb and more air is passing through the engine bay, the Fujitas out shine the stock airbox.

To account for the extra amount of air, you'll need to tune the ECU correctly, via get it dyno-tuned with a SAFC-II or VAFC or some kind of A/F controller. I will be going to SRT to see if they can tune my SAFC-II for my car (if possible) to gain some low-end back and more mid-range.

With the 6MT, you can always here my intake. Especially when I ride-out my gears sometimes. I have no complaints, with my intakes. Even if the car starts off slow, you gain back what you lost through mid-range and top-end. Reset the ECU and drive hard for a little bit.
Old 10-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yea, i wanna go back to the track now cuz ECU has been reset and its been a week of hard driving. I even Auto Crossed!
Old 10-22-2007, 11:30 PM
vinnys coupe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
y would you put in an intak if you lose power, i thought it gives you more pull.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:31 PM
vinnys coupe

or power**
Old 10-23-2007, 12:46 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by vinnys coupe
y would you put in an intak if you lose power, i thought it gives you more pull.
like i mentioned earlier and leeI35G35 mentioned...u lose low end power but get more topend power
Old 10-24-2007, 03:31 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
I have often seen where the loss in low end and increase in top end turns into a wash for acceleration fro a dig- particularly in the auto because you can't overcompensate for the loss by dropping the clutch from higher RPMs as necessary. From a roll the edge goes to aftermarket intakes. But this car already accels at higher acceleration so I would rather not lose low end power.
The Z tube was yested against a bunch of aftermarket intakes a while back all were dynoed against eachother and the Z tube was the only intake that did not lose low end while increaing power at all other RPMs.
So I wonder if a couple of Ztubes would fit or work on this engine or if there will be an equivalent on the next generation of Z engines- which I would image would be 3.7s.
Old 10-26-2007, 12:07 PM
leeI35G35

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
I have often seen where the loss in low end and increase in top end turns into a wash for acceleration fro a dig- particularly in the auto because you can't overcompensate for the loss by dropping the clutch from higher RPMs as necessary. From a roll the edge goes to aftermarket intakes. But this car already accels at higher acceleration so I would rather not lose low end power.
The Z tube was yested against a bunch of aftermarket intakes a while back all were dynoed against eachother and the Z tube was the only intake that did not lose low end while increaing power at all other RPMs.
So I wonder if a couple of Ztubes would fit or work on this engine or if there will be an equivalent on the next generation of Z engines- which I would image would be 3.7s.
Are you talking about the Z-tube and Jwt Pop charger combo? or just the Z tube it self? If just the z-tube, of course it will give you more lowend because you are still using the stock airbox (which is not bringing in hot air from the engine). I would not use a K&N oiled filter though. So unless they have a dry filter combo along with the Z-tube, then lowend will be lost for me. lol
Old 10-26-2007, 02:35 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by leeI35G35
Are you talking about the Z-tube and Jwt Pop charger combo? or just the Z tube it self? If just the z-tube, of course it will give you more lowend because you are still using the stock airbox (which is not bringing in hot air from the engine). I would not use a K&N oiled filter though. So unless they have a dry filter combo along with the Z-tube, then lowend will be lost for me. lol
Yep just the Z tube with the stock air box. I used a K&N oiled filter and had no issues with it. However since reading the most recent research on it, I would probably forego use of an oiled filter in the future as well.
Old 10-26-2007, 03:30 PM
ivory37

Originally Posted by KAHBOOM
Yep just the Z tube with the stock air box. I used a K&N oiled filter and had no issues with it. However since reading the most recent research on it, I would probably forego use of an oiled filter in the future as well.
yea cant you just put on the z tube only and leave the filter and air box ? Do they even make the z tube for it yet ?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:40 PM
OGtripleOG37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so would the fujita intakes benefit at all about gas mileage?
Old 11-26-2007, 06:49 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by CHI-TOWN G37
That fly-by in your vid is unreal. I'd be running for cover if I heard your G coming down the street!!!

wowsa!
I had a guy do that with me... I was going up a hill and gave it quite a bit of throttle and he was on the sidewalk. As I was approaching he jumped way from the road. When I looked in the rearview after I passed him, he was smiling.
Old 11-27-2007, 12:00 AM
NemesisG37

Originally Posted by leeI35G35
Short-Ram intakes are proven to lose low-end power. That is a known fact. Even Real-Cold Air Intakes lose low-end power but, no-where near as much as short-rams.

Stock Air box > Fujita - for Low-End.
Stock Air Box < Fujita - for Mid-Range and High End.

MT cars won't lose as much low-end but they still lose a good amount. As rpms climb and more air is passing through the engine bay, the Fujitas out shine the stock airbox.

To account for the extra amount of air, you'll need to tune the ECU correctly, via get it dyno-tuned with a SAFC-II or VAFC or some kind of A/F controller. I will be going to SRT to see if they can tune my SAFC-II for my car (if possible) to gain some low-end back and more mid-range.

With the 6MT, you can always here my intake. Especially when I ride-out my gears sometimes. I have no complaints, with my intakes. Even if the car starts off slow, you gain back what you lost through mid-range and top-end. Reset the ECU and drive hard for a little bit.
Swift Racing Technology is the shiiet in the IS300 world.
Old 12-29-2007, 01:23 PM
iansw

Sounds good.

But everytime I hear an unloaded engine revved like that I cringe.....