Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

"Fujita Intake installed (too!)" ((ME THREE!)) - SOUND CLIP of intake inside & pics

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 02:25 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Finagle, i hear ya bro. I also thought i noticed a lag at certain times... in the lower RPMs.... i was like UH-Ohhhhh heaaatsoaak.
Was gonna try to confirm this at the track soon.

I thought about ECU reset... the instructions didnt mention it, and i just figured i'll wait for the Technosquare ECU reflashin comin out soon anyway.

Is it highly recomended i reset ECU?

Btw... congrats on the engagement!! =)
Old 10-11-2007, 02:27 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by 335orG37
Its not uncommon for aftermarket intakes to actually lose power down low, especially without a tune.
Ahhh.... by tune, u mean ECU reflash, right? To alter A/F ratio or w.e ?
Old 10-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Ahujadaddy

Originally Posted by go4gr8
Can you take a picture of this connection with the intake installed? A detail I'd like to see, please!
Ahhh yess... that side was HARD... gettin the tube on. It's not straight, and doesn't look like a good fit. I almost felt like cutting the tube some, to make it shorter.
So for now, it has a BEND in it... hope its ok Will try to take pic when i get home and post tonight.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:40 PM
finagle69

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
Ahhh yess... that side was HARD... gettin the tube on. It's not straight, and doesn't look like a good fit. I almost felt like cutting the tube some, to make it shorter.
So for now, it has a BEND in it... hope its ok Will try to take pic when i get home and post tonight.
i cut about 1/8" off the tube for that one. fit PERFECTLY after cutting.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:48 PM
IP37

wow its ugly without the engine cover
Old 10-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Ahujadaddy

^^hahah yea, i was surprised. thought it would look like the G35 sorta...

weight? maaaybe
Old 10-12-2007, 12:31 PM
Carolina_g37

I don't know if this was mentioned earlier, but after the ECu is reset, it does take about a 5 days to a week for it to adjust to the a/f mix and driver's controls.

The website stated gains, and it "feels" we lost power. Thats not cool. it might be due to heat-soak. I'm sure its not due to too much air and not enough back-pressure.
Old 10-12-2007, 12:53 PM
Ahujadaddy

AH man, are u serious... at least 5 days to adjust? Hmmm, well guys... i'm think im def gonna go to the track today to get some runs in, then i'll reset my ECU after, and go to the track again next friday. Hopefully this will help answer some questions.

I remember some ppl in my area wanted to join me at the track... im gonna hafta look em up and PM.... today might be short notice, but its def on for next week!

btw... now i wanna make my exhaust louder yet keep it stock pipes and all, cuz the intake is louder than exhaust... sounds swwweeet tho! lol
Old 10-12-2007, 12:54 PM
Ahujadaddy

Hmm, resetting my ECU will cause me to lose my radio presets and memory seating and stuff right? What else... just wanna be prepared and not last minute surprised. Now to go find that thread with ECU reset procedure
Old 10-12-2007, 01:10 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ahujadaddy
Hmm, resetting my ECU will cause me to lose my radio presets and memory seating and stuff right? What else... just wanna be prepared and not last minute surprised. Now to go find that thread with ECU reset procedure
It'll only reset your radio presets and what not when you disconnect the battery. When you do the other ECU reset procedure where you have to do a series of steps, all your settings stay intact.
Old 10-20-2007, 08:16 PM
NemesisG37

So Fujita intake = not so great?
Old 10-20-2007, 09:45 PM
cyberjock4hire

So what's the deal with these things. In other cars I have had it is usually necessary to have a new tune uploaded to the computer module of the car so it will be able to utilize the higher volume of oxygen available for combustion as well as advance the timing.
There was typically some flash tuner or even a new chip that would be used. Is this not the case with these cars. In order to get any real benefit, I would suspect that something like this is necessary, I doubt that you can just bolt stuff on and the car will just adapt on its own.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:18 AM
Ahujadaddy

yea waiting on TechnoSquare ECU reflash
Old 10-22-2007, 03:29 AM
]\[ /-\ ]\/[
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
i thought all short ram intakes = loss of power down low and more topend power ??
Old 10-22-2007, 10:18 AM
Ahujadaddy

my best 1/4 mile time STOCK was 13.95
my best 1/4 mile time FUJITA was 13.97

Provided, i had just reset the ECU, and wanted to go back after 1 week to see if that helps. However it got rained out. So still waiting.

Sounds good tho! Would like to see some 6mt'ers and other Fujita ppls track their car.

Btw, i just AutoX'ed my G and got a 44 second time... there was a seasoned 335i coupe driver there who ran a 42.
Not bad for my first time ever!

Quick Reply: "Fujita Intake installed (too!)" ((ME THREE!)) - SOUND CLIP of intake inside & pics