Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

VIDEO of G37 test drive - exhaust note clip

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 11:19 PM
Ahujadaddy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
VIDEO of G37 test drive - exhaust note clip

Got to test drive the G37 today... as many here already have.
For those that haven't.... i decided to take a video to try and capture some of the exhaust note.

It's not alot, but it's something. I got more vid of other stuff and some pics, but ill upload that later maybe. I just wanted to get this up today bfr i got lazy. lol

*EDIT*
Better/More video of the Test drive:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Jq24174Q1Q

Color : Yes, it is BLUE SLATE

Original short vid below, just exhaust.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zSbK5KHIVg

Last edited by Ahujadaddy; 08-15-2007 at 10:41 AM.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:23 PM
N50

Sweet, thanks for the vid! Note sounds raspy in that small clip but maybe its just me.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:38 PM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Wow is that blue slate? I really like how the yellow sun brings out the purple-blue-dark gray/silver blend in the car. It makes it look like an exotic color. Veeery nice. I dont think I've seen it THAT purple though. I'm so glad I chose that color.

Thanks for the clip! It sounds great.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:47 PM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Wow is that blue slate? I really like how the yellow sun brings out the purple-blue-dark gray/silver blend in the car. It makes it look like an exotic color. Veeery nice. I dont think I've seen it THAT purple though. I'm so glad I chose that color.

Thanks for the clip! It sounds great.
That looks like Amethyst Graphite to me. Blue Slate is closer to navy blue if anything.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:51 PM
anotha

Damn did u c how the car looked as it was coming towards you! Its gorgeous!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:19 AM
RoCkY86

Did you see how the car lifted when he pushed on the gas. That thing pins you to your seat.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:23 AM
frshgcoupe

Car looks sexy as hell in that vid. That color is amazing also, this car gets better and better!
Old 08-15-2007, 12:29 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by likwidfuzion
That looks like Amethyst Graphite to me. Blue Slate is closer to navy blue if anything.
Have you seen what the morning/afternoon sun does to the blue of the Blue Slate? The blue slate color to me is actually a blend of colors together... grayish silver, purple, and blue. You can clearly see blues on the car, especially in the shade. In the shade or overcast skies, then it turns into a rich dark blue color, but in the sun it comes out to be an exotic blend of 3 different colors. That's why I love that color so much, to me... it's so unique and I haven't seen anything like that from other companies. Amethyst Graphite has absolutely no blue in the color (from what I've seen)... it's just grayish silver (depending on lighting) and purple hue.

Can you notice the blue in the color? I'm 95% positive that's Blue Slate since I've seen so many pictures of Blue Slate G35 sedans since it's the color that I like so much.

Last edited by Yimbie; 08-15-2007 at 12:32 AM.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 AM
likwidfuzion

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Well you may be right. That's why I picked a safe and sexy color, just in case this kind of confusion happens in real life. But honestly, I was dead-set on getting black on black from the get-go. Either way, we'll all be enjoying our new rides in a few short weeks.
Old 08-15-2007, 12:58 AM
Yimbie
Yin-Yang and Life

Originally Posted by likwidfuzion
Well you may be right. That's why I picked a safe and sexy color, just in case this kind of confusion happens in real life. But honestly, I was dead-set on getting black on black from the get-go. Either way, we'll all be enjoying our new rides in a few short weeks.
I hope I get mine next week! It's just one week until August 21st! Gah next week is going to be torture until I actually get the car.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:10 AM
skaterbasist

Oh my Fast Intention exhaust has spoiled me the last few days...

The G37 sounds OK... compared to my FI exhaust

Well, let me be fair. For a stock car, the G37 (& G35) is definately a hot sounding car. One of the best sounding coupes ever

The VQ note is so distinctable; it's like a mating call for all G35/FX/350Z owners.

Old 08-15-2007, 02:42 AM
ZiggaZaa

It is nice, I LIKE!

we need more vid's like these, preferably alot longer though. This vid got me feelin the G37 yet again.. and finally i dont think the rear looks to bad, resever my final opinion until i see it in person, unfortunately that wont be until Feb 08(Dubai).
Old 08-15-2007, 04:59 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Yimbie
Have you seen what the morning/afternoon sun does to the blue of the Blue Slate? The blue slate color to me is actually a blend of colors together... grayish silver, purple, and blue. You can clearly see blues on the car, especially in the shade. In the shade or overcast skies, then it turns into a rich dark blue color, but in the sun it comes out to be an exotic blend of 3 different colors. That's why I love that color so much, to me... it's so unique and I haven't seen anything like that from other companies. Amethyst Graphite has absolutely no blue in the color (from what I've seen)... it's just grayish silver (depending on lighting) and purple hue.

Can you notice the blue in the color? I'm 95% positive that's Blue Slate since I've seen so many pictures of Blue Slate G35 sedans since it's the color that I like so much.
+1, I also believe it's Blue Slate. Very nice color! Amethyst Graphite looks lighter than that IMO. It's a hard choice for me between Blue Slate and Obsidian Black but it's a decision I have to make !!
Old 08-15-2007, 09:17 AM
N50

Originally Posted by myk1013
+1, I also believe it's Blue Slate. Very nice color! Amethyst Graphite looks lighter than that IMO. It's a hard choice for me between Blue Slate and Obsidian Black but it's a decision I have to make !!
It's more like a decision you'd love to make.
Old 08-15-2007, 10:35 AM
Ahujadaddy

Blue Slate

Yea guys... it's blue slate. Gonna edit my OP

..speakin of which, here is another YouTube vid with more footage. It shows a lil bit of the Nav, and Audio Systems:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2Jq24174Q1Q

It's a compilation of my test drive, gonna edit my OP with this too. Hmmm, i wonder if i shoulda posted this in the G37 pics and Vids section? lol

FYI, the guy says there is no more 6 disc changer in the trunk. If you gettin the 9.3 GB HD for MusicBox, then u dont get a 6 disc at all.
Not sure how accurate this is, or if you all already knew... but it was news to me.

Quick Reply: VIDEO of G37 test drive - exhaust note clip