Group Buys Group Buys put on by Members or Sponsors

GB Fast Intentions Resonated HFC's - Group Buy Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2015, 08:15 AM
Dj1ofDet
Registered Member

Received 39 Likes on 36 Posts
Originally Posted by Herostar
I searched this thread but could not find an answer (though the manufacturer makes no guarantees...):

Has anyone passed emissions checks with these resonated HFC's? Sniff tests?
Because they're still cats, they don't give off any "outside the box" exhaust scents. I have passed 2 or 3 inspections with absolutely no issues.
Old 02-24-2015, 10:55 AM
G37Xtreme

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Have these been re-engineered to use the stock mounting location?
Old 02-24-2015, 01:02 PM
smakfactor1

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by G37Xtreme
I'm not sure at what point they didn't use the stock location, but the ones(RHFC's) I just installed mounted up perfectly.

Stock Manifold to RHFC's to Stock Exhaust.
Old 02-24-2015, 03:05 PM
G37Xtreme

Received 104 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by smakfactor1
I'm not sure at what point they didn't use the stock location, but the ones(RHFC's) I just installed mounted up perfectly.

Stock Manifold to RHFC's to Stock Exhaust.
I seem to recall Rochester needed a custom bracket manufactured by his mechanic to hold the cats in place. Perhaps I don't realize what they're talking about in that thread.

Start at post 36, then go to post 39, 41 and 45.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ow-cats-3.html
Old 02-25-2015, 07:14 AM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Before I order. They fit a 09 G37x AWD coupe, right?
Old 02-26-2015, 09:17 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
I seem to recall Rochester needed a custom bracket manufactured by his mechanic to hold the cats in place.
"Need" is such a subjective term.

Alfredo's RHFC's from FI snapped the welds on one end of one of the cats. Before anyone gets unnecessarily concerned... that's the only time I've read about this happening, ever. Also, FI totally stood by their products and repaired it. To repeat what most people figure out when they research this stuff: FI makes quality products, and is a stand-up company. They have an excellent reputation.

Anyway, the FI cats don't have hangers for the cross-member bar that supports both OEM cats to the underside of the transmission. Other cats do. Some people want that support (obviously Alfredo does), while most people don't care. Without it, there is some added NVH. At least, there is on the 6MT at idle, possibly there is a slightly lower RPM at idle for the 6MT. (Yes? No?) In any event, it is what it is, and for a while I just accepted it as a compromise when modifying the exhaust. Eventually, my mechanic fabricated a solution with the original bar and some creative welding, and I'm very happy with the results. The added vibration is gone, which makes 1st and 2nd gear shifts smoother in my 6MT. I was surprised to discover that, but it makes sense after thinking about it.

Note that this is not a bolt-on solution. The J-shaped O2 Sensor connectors on the FI cats are positioned in such a way that makes re-use of this bar impossible without customization and skills.

So that's the story. Love my cats. So much so that in a few weeks I'll be taking possession of a full FI Catback from 1cleanG and Fast Intentions. I highly recommend FI, and Lance here has been an excellent retail source.

Last edited by Rochester; 02-26-2015 at 10:18 AM.
The following users liked this post:
mezzo (08-09-2015)
Old 02-26-2015, 09:20 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Received 210 Likes on 155 Posts
I apologize everyone, just seeing all these posts! Orders have been coming in non-stop, so I haven't had a chance to check the threads vs catching up on PMs. Anyone looking to order, please PM me directly for ordering/payment instructions.

Originally Posted by Craig09
How much shipped to 32303 and I have ark cat back and just wondering does it make it louder
My discounted pricing includes
Coupe $600 + $30 to ship
Sedan $645 + $30 to ship

Originally Posted by Dj1ofDet
Because they're still cats, they don't give off any "outside the box" exhaust scents. I have passed 2 or 3 inspections with absolutely no issues.
Correct. HFC cores are 300 cell which still give you the added HP/TQ meanwhile filter the exhaust preventing raw fuel smell, as well as preventing the black residue all over your rear bumper that test pipes cause.

These have always been a 100% direct swap of OEM. Zero modification needed, and compatible with any catback setup as they are OEM fitment.

I seem to recall Rochester needed a custom bracket manufactured by his mechanic to hold the cats in place. Perhaps I don't realize what they're talking about in that thread.

Start at post 36, then go to post 39, 41 and 45.

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...ow-cats-3.html
The "OEM" cat brackets are not reused for FI testpipes or cats as they are not needed for support. When the exhaust system is fully bolted up tight, the midpipe and axleback section hangers hang the exhaust evening without issues.

Originally Posted by pauliewalnutzz
Before I order. They fit a 09 G37x AWD coupe, right?
Yes sir, they will 100% fit a AWD G37X Coupe.

Please PM me for ordering instructions and we'll get you taken care of.

Thank you everyone!
Old 07-28-2015, 09:50 AM
pierrez514

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
interesting
Old 08-08-2015, 11:47 PM
Vizard_87
Premier Member

Received 255 Likes on 201 Posts
Price shipped to 20110
2008 G37 Coupe RWD
Resonated High Flow Cats
Old 08-09-2015, 09:39 AM
mezzo
Green Eyes!

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
"Need" is such a subjective term.

Alfredo's RHFC's from FI snapped the welds on one end of one of the cats. Before anyone gets unnecessarily concerned... that's the only time I've read about this happening, ever. Also, FI totally stood by their products and repaired it. To repeat what most people figure out when they research this stuff: FI makes quality products, and is a stand-up company. They have an excellent reputation.

Anyway, the FI cats don't have hangers for the cross-member bar that supports both OEM cats to the underside of the transmission. Other cats do. Some people want that support (obviously Alfredo does), while most people don't care. Without it, there is some added NVH. At least, there is on the 6MT at idle, possibly there is a slightly lower RPM at idle for the 6MT. (Yes? No?) In any event, it is what it is, and for a while I just accepted it as a compromise when modifying the exhaust. Eventually, my mechanic fabricated a solution with the original bar and some creative welding, and I'm very happy with the results. The added vibration is gone, which makes 1st and 2nd gear shifts smoother in my 6MT. I was surprised to discover that, but it makes sense after thinking about it.

Note that this is not a bolt-on solution. The J-shaped O2 Sensor connectors on the FI cats are positioned in such a way that makes re-use of this bar impossible without customization and skills.

So that's the story. Love my cats. So much so that in a few weeks I'll be taking possession of a full FI Catback from 1cleanG and Fast Intentions. I highly recommend FI, and Lance here has been an excellent retail source.

Thanks for posting this Rochester. ill have my set of resonated cats soon and I showed him this.. He's going to fabricate something similar. Ill post up some pics when were done.
Old 08-09-2015, 04:04 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,711 Likes on 3,519 Posts
Originally Posted by mezzo
Thanks for posting this Rochester. ill have my set of resonated cats soon and I showed him this.. He's going to fabricate something similar. Ill post up some pics when were done.
You're very welcome. Take note that bolts at the cats get super hot, and subsequently rust prtty quick. Last time I looked, things were getting messy. Consider SS or Ti, maybe. Your comment is a good reminder for me to revisit that.

Having the support bar on the RHFC's matters even more when matched to FI's catback, because they don't have a flex section.
Old 09-22-2015, 12:35 AM
ceejay24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Where can I get a good deal on some FI HFC?
Old 09-30-2015, 11:05 AM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

All quotes and ordering instructions responded! Thank you everyone!
Old 10-20-2015, 08:11 PM
1cleanG
NextLevel Performance

Cats Cats Cats!!!!!!!! All 7 PO's submitted from the last 3 days! Thank you everyone. Please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions during your build. Current estimated build times 3-4 weeks.

Now is the time to get your orders in to have them in time for the holidays as well.

-Lance
Old 11-19-2015, 10:56 PM
teonguyen

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
When do we have a group buy again ???