Group Buys Group Buys put on by Members or Sponsors

GB Motordyne Shockwave E370 exhaust system

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:32 AM
hustlerj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I see. is the exhaust going to sound even better if i pair it with a HFC or testpipe?
Old 05-03-2012, 08:09 AM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I know that the ART pipes are designed to give it a low growl that sounds a little loud under throttle but quieter and drone free otherwise. In general regular test pipes tend to make any exhaust louder but add drone. HFC can be raspy and have a hiss on many systems (mine do with Invidia.) I haven't heard this particular exhaust paired with either yet.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:00 AM
GET_SOME

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
my god the wait is killing me.. i want to have this sitting on my car already.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:03 AM
dk85

i think that includes everyone Get_Some on this GB. LOL can't wait to get heads turning and figuring out what exhaust it is.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:16 PM
Sunny's G37
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wait ... that's my fav buddy right now ... Tony needs to speed this up already atleast before the next gen comes out .. buhahahaha
Old 05-03-2012, 05:18 PM
Wreckreation

Id kill to roll up to the bay area photo shoot in 2 weeks with it on too bad they wont be done yet
Old 05-05-2012, 10:55 PM
mason721

Any word from Tony on the release date?
Old 05-06-2012, 05:35 AM
Wreckreation

Originally Posted by mason721
Any word from Tony on the release date?
Last word was still about 5 weeks before they are ready to ship if im not mistaken. quality=time
Old 05-06-2012, 12:38 PM
mason721

Hmm...I talked to Tony about 2 weeks ago, and he had mentioned it would be ready in about 3 weeks as they were going into assembly. I'll give him a call this week, hopefully its coming soon... any longer I might be going the Fast Intentions route
Old 05-07-2012, 06:10 AM
Wreckreation

Hmm...I talked to Tony about 2 weeks ago, and he had mentioned it would be ready in about 3 weeks as they were going into assembly. I'll give him a call this week, hopefully its coming soon... any longer I might be going the Fast Intentions route
trust me, Id prefer to be wrong on this one I cant wait to get this beast bolted on. This is my last mod for a while tho, gotta beef the ol' bank account back up after my recent parts spree
Old 05-07-2012, 08:39 AM
pauliewalnutzz
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I dont get how hard it is to make the exhaust fit the RWD and AWD. Theres lots of AWD guys that would love to have this exhaust on their G, including me!
Old 05-07-2012, 03:54 PM
mason721

I called into Motordyne today for an update. Tony said he couldn't give me a definitive date on when it would be release. This wait is really started to get to me....I've got cash in hand, ready to buy.... I was ready to buy the Stillen catback before I saw the video of this one.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:19 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
For all modding rookies, let me say this. When a new product or a new version of an older product comes to market, there will almost always inevitably be some delays from when you expect to have it until it's ready for you. Almost every time. That is just the way it works. If you need a product by a certain date, or you're not very patient and have a hard time dealing with delays, then you might be better off buying a product that is in stock on a shelf somewhere ready to go on a UPS truck. There's nothing wrong with that if you have a date in mind and can't wait any longer. Sometimes mod money burns a hole in your pocket and you'd rather spend it right now on something that may be kinda like what you want rather than save it until exactly what you want is available. If so, you are in that group of guys who will probably end up living with your regrets when the product drops and the patient guys are very happy with it or in the group of guys who will end up selling the product you settled for (at a loss) and spending even more money to buy the one you wanted in the first place. Or maybe you'll get lucky and the anticipated product is a POS and you saved yourself money and heartache. I seriously doubt that's the case here though.

Try to

as best you can.
Old 05-07-2012, 05:32 PM
NeverBoneStock
Premier Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
I called into Motordyne today for an update. Tony said he couldn't give me a definitive date on when it would be release. This wait is really started to get to me....I've got cash in hand, ready to buy.... I was ready to buy the Stillen catback before I saw the video of this one.
He has been telling me te same thing for a year .. It will be nice to have once it's a go . If u have to have a exhaust than get something else .. I have moved on as well .. Good products though ...
Old 05-08-2012, 09:43 AM
mason721

Originally Posted by Black Betty
For all modding rookies, let me say this. When a new product or a new version of an older product comes to market, there will almost always inevitably be some delays from when you expect to have it until it's ready for you. Almost every time. That is just the way it works. If you need a product by a certain date, or you're not very patient and have a hard time dealing with delays, then you might be better off buying a product that is in stock on a shelf somewhere ready to go on a UPS truck. There's nothing wrong with that if you have a date in mind and can't wait any longer. Sometimes mod money burns a hole in your pocket and you'd rather spend it right now on something that may be kinda like what you want rather than save it until exactly what you want is available. If so, you are in that group of guys who will probably end up living with your regrets when the product drops and the patient guys are very happy with it or in the group of guys who will end up selling the product you settled for (at a loss) and spending even more money to buy the one you wanted in the first place. Or maybe you'll get lucky and the anticipated product is a POS and you saved yourself money and heartache. I seriously doubt that's the case here though.

You are completely right, I'm just impatient and have a bunch of cash burning a whole in my pocket! I listened to a bunch of videos last night, and I'm for sure set on the Motordyne exhaust, I just want it NOW :-)

I'll do the smart thing and just wait it out though, hopefully won't be to much longer

Quick Reply: GB Motordyne Shockwave E370 exhaust system