Got G ? For Those Sporting BIG Grins

Got my New G37 today!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 03:08 AM
blackG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my New G37 today!!

Well, after test driving 4 cars yesterday, 3 coupes and 1 sedan (Just for the heck of if on the sedan) I went back to the dealer to test drive the two that I was going back and forth over today. I ended up buying today.

Car 1. Black on Black, Prem Pkg, Nav, Wheel & Tire package, Cargo net (Same wheels as sport package 19's)

Car 2. Black on Stone, Prem Pkg, Nav, Sport package, Cargo net.

If the Car 2. had black interior I would have probably purchased that one, but car 1. was my choice due to the fact that I tested both and we tested the brakes hard and both seemed about same. I do like the front bumper on the sport a tad more but they both look great. I also don't need to use the paddles as I can do that on the gear shift anyway, (The lexus had paddles and they were hardly ever used) I had a street legal sports car (08 Z06) and that was a car to race in.

So Anyway, I'm a happy new owner of a G37!!! I absolutely love this car!!! I came from an 08 Corvette Z06 and I must say that it is nice to a car that has some performance and looks just as hot!! Also, I must say that the Nav and 9 gig is sweet. The hands free is also nice. Great car and glad to be part of this forum!!

Next,, Tint windows, and I need to find out about the front grill. I want to have a black front grill, so if anyone knows about them please chime in.

Thanks,

VJ
Old 09-07-2008, 05:56 AM
myk1013

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Congrats.
Most guys black out their front grills on their own. There's a few threads about it here. Even a DIY.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:46 AM
J.Oh

it will not come out as glossy as if a body shop painted it for you which i recommend because if you do it yourself it will chip like crazy opposed to a body shop and their heavy clear coat will chip but not as much as if you were to do it yourself. i made that mistake and i still need to get mine professionally done.

wow down grade in performance! glad you like the car congrats. also in a few months you might be kicking yourself in the head for not getting that sports package. like i am
Old 09-07-2008, 12:48 PM
MikeySoft

Originally Posted by blackG
Well, after test driving 4 cars yesterday, 3 coupes and 1 sedan (Just for the heck of if on the sedan) I went back to the dealer to test drive the two that I was going back and forth over today. I ended up buying today.

Car 1. Black on Black, Prem Pkg, Nav, Wheel & Tire package, Cargo net (Same wheels as sport package 19's)

Car 2. Black on Stone, Prem Pkg, Nav, Sport package, Cargo net.

If the Car 2. had black interior I would have probably purchased that one, but car 1. was my choice due to the fact that I tested both and we tested the brakes hard and both seemed about same. I do like the front bumper on the sport a tad more but they both look great. I also don't need to use the paddles as I can do that on the gear shift anyway, (The lexus had paddles and they were hardly ever used) I had a street legal sports car (08 Z06) and that was a car to race in.

So Anyway, I'm a happy new owner of a G37!!! I absolutely love this car!!! I came from an 08 Corvette Z06 and I must say that it is nice to a car that has some performance and looks just as hot!! Also, I must say that the Nav and 9 gig is sweet. The hands free is also nice. Great car and glad to be part of this forum!!

Next,, Tint windows, and I need to find out about the front grill. I want to have a black front grill, so if anyone knows about them please chime in.

Thanks,

VJ

You came out of a 08 Z06?????? Was it your daily driver?
I'm surprised is all, did you trade your Z06 or keep it? I'm a vette owner as well. Its not my daily driver but I'm thinking about trading my driver for a G37. Hey thanks for the input.

Last edited by MikeySoft; 09-07-2008 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 09-07-2008, 01:25 PM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
congrats... nice old car... lol
Old 09-07-2008, 01:41 PM
blackG

Originally Posted by MikeySoft
You came out of a 08 Z06?????? Was it your daily driver?
I'm surprised is all, did you trade your Z06 or keep it? I'm a vette owner as well. Its not my daily driver but I'm thinking about trading my drive for a G37. Hey thanks for the input.
I've had 3 vettes, love them and the performance. I had a 05 C6 Vert, an 07 Z06, and an 08 Z06. It was my daily driver, and I will be starting a new job where I will be driving more so I thought that for now I should sell the vette. sold it to a private party,

I will probably keep this G37, I really like all the tech stuff and it is still sporty, but maybe get another Z06 used down the road or wait for the C7 which may look pretty cool. I'm also always on the corvetteforum.

Regards and to another Vette owner!

I'm under vjones on the corvette forum.
Old 09-07-2008, 02:43 PM
aliiin
BMW Defector

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
congrats and welcome any mod plans?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:26 PM
blackG

Originally Posted by aliiin
congrats and welcome any mod plans?

Well maybe a few. Not anything to crazy, just cosmetic, tinted windows, black out the grill, maybe debadge (haven't decided yet) maybe have the wheels competition dark gray or black, (Or leave them the way that they are), lowered ?? who knows... Love the car even as it sits right now, just want tinted windows and black grill first off.
Old 09-07-2008, 08:08 PM
Pms1212

Welcome and Congrats.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:02 PM
gjeff

I also traded a Z06 for the G37. I had an '06, velocity red, 2LZ. Sometimes I really miss that car, especially when a blue haired lady is driving 5 mph under the speed limit in the left lane and there is a small window of opportunity in the right lane. The G is fast but the Z06 was ridiculously fast! Love the G though.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:23 PM
Blackjack
Super Moderator

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Congrats & Welcome.
Old 09-07-2008, 09:34 PM
MikeySoft

Originally Posted by gjeff
I also traded a Z06 for the G37. I had an '06, velocity red, 2LZ. Sometimes I really miss that car, especially when a blue haired lady is driving 5 mph under the speed limit in the left lane and there is a small window of opportunity in the right lane. The G is fast but the Z06 was ridiculously fast! Love the G though.
Wow. I don't know guys. I was VERY impressed with the performance of the G when I test drove it this weekend. However... I did drive my C6 when I got home. The fact is there is really know way to compare the two. I mean you could start running comparisons but they are two totally different animals, so why try?

I'm not sure I could ever do what you guys did. I've had 3 generations of Corvettes.... I think its part of my DNA now. My goal at first when I decided to replace my daily driver was to wait till the CAMARO came out, but I planned to keep my C6. I really like the new lines and performance that the SS will have. You guys have to admit the CAMARO looks pretty interesting, right??

Anyway freind told me, (A Vette owner whom had just purchased a G37 as his daily driver) I HAD to test drive one before I did anything.

I have to admit, the G37 was impressive. No doubt about it. Not sure what to do now. I think some of the G's DNA rubbed off on me.

I'm not in a HUGE hurry, but the finacing deal and 4500 off the sticker has my attention for sure......

Thoughts?

Last edited by MikeySoft; 09-07-2008 at 09:36 PM. Reason: Corrections
Old 09-19-2008, 12:36 AM
blackG

Originally Posted by gjeff

Ya, it's crazy how the G37 makes me happy in a different way. I could have taken my cash from my 08 Z06 and bought a base 08 z51 package for close to the same price of the G, but I wanted something different, and this car is very cool with the Nav, hands free phone, the 9 gig for songs etc. The fit and finish is a step in the right direction.

I may own another Vette down the road, but as of right now, I'm pretty happy and will probably keep this car and any other car will be an addition to this one.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:38 AM
blackG

Originally Posted by MikeySoft
Wow. I don't know guys. I was VERY impressed with the performance of the G when I test drove it this weekend. However... I did drive my C6 when I got home. The fact is there is really know way to compare the two. I mean you could start running comparisons but they are two totally different animals, so why try?

I'm not sure I could ever do what you guys did. I've had 3 generations of Corvettes.... I think its part of my DNA now. My goal at first when I decided to replace my daily driver was to wait till the CAMARO came out, but I planned to keep my C6. I really like the new lines and performance that the SS will have. You guys have to admit the CAMARO looks pretty interesting, right??

Anyway freind told me, (A Vette owner whom had just purchased a G37 as his daily driver) I HAD to test drive one before I did anything.

I have to admit, the G37 was impressive. No doubt about it. Not sure what to do now. I think some of the G's DNA rubbed off on me.

I'm not in a HUGE hurry, but the finacing deal and 4500 off the sticker has my attention for sure......

Thoughts?
Well like I've said, I've owned 3 vettes, two of which were C6 Z06's and this G37 makes me happy in a different way. A more refined sport/luxury way etc. Still love the Z06 and may get one down the road again or another Vette, but I have to admit this G37 is pretty cool.
Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
congrats and welcome

Quick Reply: Got my New G37 today!!