Got G ? For Those Sporting BIG Grins

Amethyst Graph 6MT Picking up tonight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 12:04 AM
MissLydia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alright, the only downside to having a new car......the OCD is coming out in me. I went into Walgreens "real quick" to pick up my prescription and there were 2 people in front of me and it was taking entirely too long and I started feeling all of this anxiety that someone was going to park next to me and ding my door. It has begun......
Old 08-30-2007, 12:18 AM
tomcatm

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Haha, I hear you. In the year and half I had my car I was fortunate never to be dinged, but this time around I am prolly gonna buy the PDR package just in case.
Old 08-30-2007, 02:34 AM
Ahujadaddy

WOW, awesome MissLydia.... i may be gettin mine TODAY... i can even sleep its 2:30 y ikes
Old 08-30-2007, 05:44 AM
bostonmerlin

CONGRATS!!! it's a great feeling..
Old 08-30-2007, 08:47 AM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's gorgeous. It suits you.
Old 08-30-2007, 09:15 AM
anotha

How is the 4was?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:24 AM
frshgcoupe

Originally Posted by MissLydia
Alright, the only downside to having a new car......the OCD is coming out in me. I went into Walgreens "real quick" to pick up my prescription and there were 2 people in front of me and it was taking entirely too long and I started feeling all of this anxiety that someone was going to park next to me and ding my door. It has begun......
hahahaha
Old 08-30-2007, 09:34 AM
CHI-TOWN G37

Wow, Lydia, you ran over there quick! My OB was parked in that same spot when Jaime delivered it and it must be the lucky spot!!

The tech is incredible and I am learning so much already. You will have a blast finding out all of the cool gadgets and "talking" to this car. Best to you and your future with your spouse and this ride
Old 08-30-2007, 09:38 AM
Vblick

I thought it was standard procedure for all G35/G37 Coupe owners to park at least 15 spots away from the furthest parked car in the lot....might just be me though
Old 08-30-2007, 12:31 PM
MissLydia

How is the 4was?
Not sure really, but the car definitely handles well around corners.

Funny story, so this morning there is a Mercedes 500SL in front of me and it actually changed lanes and slowed down to wait for me to catch up. There were 2 guys in the SL and they were totally checking out the G and then we caught a red light and they tried to race me. Since I'm in the "break-in" period, I didn't go all out, but man, it sure was fun.
Old 08-30-2007, 12:36 PM
InfinitiFreak

Received 36 Likes on 29 Posts

Funny story, so this morning there is a Mercedes 500SL in front of me and it actually changed lanes and slowed down to wait for me to catch up. There were 2 guys in the SL and they were totally checking out the G and then we caught a red light and they tried to race me. Since I'm in the "break-in" period, I didn't go all out, but man, it sure was fun.
That is awesome!!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:40 PM
N50

Hahahaha. Gettin' noticed by two guys in a merc. Wait, was it the car or was it you?

Maybe a combination?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:31 AM
gurneyeagle

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Gorgeous! And the car doesn't look too shabby either!

Mine is going to look like that. Only differences will be the 5AT and no 4WS. I hope you are enjoying the ride and attention.

I'm in Europe on a business trip and my car is supposed to come in by today. It's going to be an even longer trip home tomorrow.

Even if it comes in, I won't be able to pick it up before Tuesday. This is the first Labor Day I wish was in October!

gurney
still counting down
Old 08-31-2007, 08:34 AM
Wicked_limitz
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats on the ride! any future plans for it?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:04 AM
RedHerring

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How about some pics in the sun? Is it a nice shade of purple? Amethyst is the color my wife wanted most to see, but we have yet to get a feel for what it really looks like. I ordered Platinum Graphite, and it is very nice and dignified for a gentleman like myself, but isn't really a "fun" color.

My Z was Lemans Sunset, which is a beautiful shade of orange metallic. Lighter than the murano orange color, which is like an umber.

Infiniti doesn't have colors like that, or I would have gotten one of them. The amethyst is the only wildcard in the bunch, although I like slate too.

I joked about the Z being "Traffic Cone Orange".

After almost dying in a wreck in a BLACK celica on a dark stormy night with the power out and no traffic lights...

We got hit in the side by a speeding driver who blew through an intersection. The car that hit us was a 1970 Ford Fairlane, a heavy car. The 2000 celica saved our lives. After he hit us he took out a telephone pole. He was new to the area. He survived.

Bright colors are safer colors. Ivory Pearl is probably the safest G37 color.

If the amethyst looks good, I am thinking of buying her a G37.

Quick Reply: Amethyst Graph 6MT Picking up tonight!!!