General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

2013 g37 yellow light on dash

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2024, 02:28 PM
xZexalx
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 g37 yellow light on dash

Steering wheel isn’t locked car just gets stuck on on position if key is put inside the hole, if it’s not in the whole it does go on acc then on but goes back to acc then to lock

Old 09-02-2024, 09:20 PM
beefychicken
Premier Member

Received 90 Likes on 76 Posts
Check for water on the passenger floor or behind the passenger kick panel. You could very well have a sunroof drain leak casuing BCM issues (the BCM is located behind the passenger kick panel).
If there is water, just run a search on the forum or youtube on how to fix the sunroof drain issue.
Old 09-02-2024, 11:43 PM
xZexalx
Registered Member

Originally Posted by beefychicken
Check for water on the passenger floor or behind the passenger kick panel. You could very well have a sunroof drain leak casuing BCM issues (the BCM is located behind the passenger kick panel).
If there is water, just run a search on the forum or youtube on how to fix the sunroof drain issue.
i have a convertible so no leaks on the passenger side I do believe it is the BCM just way to make sure before I have the dealership reprogram or replace
Old 09-03-2024, 08:12 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,317 Likes on 1,068 Posts
Not to come off the wrong way, but did you physically check the BCM/ passenger footwell area for leaks/ evidence of water?

Yes, you have a 'Vert so there is no sunroof/ drain issue, however, though rare, there still is potential for water to leak into the cabin via the roof seal (which has its own drainage channel) and, more commonly, the windshield cowls.

The yellow key icon usually indicates an issue with the steering lock which your 2013 should not have. If you have an app like OBDFusion with the Nissan add-on you might be able to check for any "B" codes but even then that might be futile. Unfortunately, only the dealer or a qualified Nissan mechanic with the right tool/ software can connect to the car and determine what's going on.
Old 09-03-2024, 11:10 AM
xZexalx
Registered Member

Originally Posted by ILM-NC G37S
Not to come off the wrong way, but did you physically check the BCM/ passenger footwell area for leaks/ evidence of water?

Yes, you have a 'Vert so there is no sunroof/ drain issue, however, though rare, there still is potential for water to leak into the cabin via the roof seal (which has its own drainage channel) and, more commonly, the windshield cowls.

The yellow key icon usually indicates an issue with the steering lock which your 2013 should not have. If you have an app like OBDFusion with the Nissan add-on you might be able to check for any "B" codes but even then that might be futile. Unfortunately, only the dealer or a qualified Nissan mechanic with the right tool/ software can connect to the car and determine what's going on.
yup! I checked the area seemed good, just to add some back story before all that happened ish I guess my serpentine belt snapped n I got a battery light and the brake light on until I got the car home I was told it could be the alternator too?
Old 09-03-2024, 12:00 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Originally Posted by xZexalx;[url=tel:4334637
4334637[/url]]...my serpentine belt snapped n I got a battery light and the brake light on until I got the car home I was told it could be the alternator too?
Possible. These cars exhibit strange behaviours when voltages get low.

I assume you replaced the belt and the battery is fully charged?

If the alternator was going bad the "brake" and "battery" lights would persist.
Old 09-03-2024, 03:49 PM
xZexalx
Registered Member

Possible. These cars exhibit strange behaviours when voltages get low.

I assume you replaced the belt and the battery is fully charged?

If the alternator was going bad the "brake" and "battery" lights would persist.
changed belt got battery fully charged, I’m guessing the alternator just fully died or the BCM is having issues, radio doesn’t turn on can only see a small amount of light, all interior lights turn on but headlights and taillights stay off, the cig ports work etc heat and cooled seats don’t work
Old 09-03-2024, 05:59 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

If it was the alternator the battery and brake lights would remain on.

Based on your symptoms it sounds like you might have a blown fuse or two. BCM has nothing to do with the radio

I would suggest you check all of the fuses specifically at the block located on the positive battery post. These are rather large amperage fuses that feed several different subsystems. Barring that you will just have to let the dealer/ mechanic plug in the laptop and see what the car says.
Old 09-03-2024, 08:46 PM
xZexalx
Registered Member

If it was the alternator the battery and brake lights would remain on.

Based on your symptoms it sounds like you might have a blown fuse or two. BCM has nothing to do with the radio

I would suggest you check all of the fuses specifically at the block located on the positive battery post. These are rather large amperage fuses that feed several different subsystems. Barring that you will just have to let the dealer/ mechanic plug in the laptop and see what the car says.
Quick update it was the battery terminal fuse BUT

Guessing it is the alternator too

Last edited by xZexalx; 09-03-2024 at 10:06 PM.
Old 09-03-2024, 10:14 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Are the battery and brake lights ON while the engine is RUNNING?

All of the idiot lights will be ON with KOEO (Key On Engine Off) as part of the POST (Power On Self Test) routine. Think of it as a "bulb check."

Now, if the lights are ON with KOER (Key On Engine Running) then, yes, there might be a alternator issue.
Old 09-03-2024, 10:57 PM
xZexalx
Registered Member

Are the battery and brake lights ON while the engine is RUNNING?

All of the idiot lights will be ON with KOEO (Key On Engine Off) as part of the POST (Power On Self Test) routine. Think of it as a "bulb check."

Now, if the lights are ON with KOER (Key On Engine Running) then, yes, there might be a alternator issue.
they stay on when I hold the brake and press button, car won’t start lel checked all fuses they’re good and whatever was ehh I replaced with new but those were for the horn n stuff
Old 09-04-2024, 08:44 AM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Ignore the brake and battery lights for now. Does the engine turn over?

If the engine turns over but doesn't start then there is a ignition issue. If the engine does not turn over at all then it points to a potential security (fob/ BCM) issue.
Old 09-04-2024, 12:42 PM
xZexalx
Registered Member

If the engine turns over but doesn't start then there is a ignition issue. If the engine does not turn over at all then it points to a potential security (fob/ BCM) issue.
you can hear a click when you try to fully start the car but won’t crank or anything

heres a video https://youtube.com/shorts/Ykbe1EjdWk8?si=NyOnOpT1pUGuH9J_

Last edited by xZexalx; 09-04-2024 at 01:16 PM.
Old 09-04-2024, 01:17 PM
xZexalx
Registered Member

goes into on position tells me the brake and press start radio turns blank n stays off if I hold the start button
Old 09-04-2024, 03:08 PM
xZexalx
Registered Member

tried manually turning over the engine all the pulleys moved good

Quick Reply: 2013 g37 yellow light on dash