General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Transmission Pan/Filter Bolt Tightening Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2020, 07:59 AM
L1TWITMYG37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Transmission Pan/Filter Bolt Tightening Sequence

So I have searched religiously and have found nothing when it comes to this I was doing my transmission fluid refill since I was driving down the road and my transmission cooler line came completely off the radiator......luckily I immediately pulled over after seeing the fog of white smoke. Anyways I already had a transmission filter for my 2013 g37X I like an idiot got under there and took the old one off and realized I didn’t have the specs or the bolt tightening sequence for the pan. I also wanted to know if there was a tightening sequence when replacing the filter. I can’t find any of this information on the threads. If anyone could shine some insight on this I would highly appreciate it. I only tightened the filter bolts until I felt the slightest resistance. I am in need of the torque specs for the trans filter and the tightening sequence for the trans pan if anyone knows. Thanks
Old 12-20-2020, 09:25 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 274 Posts
Here is a link to the factory service manual for the transmission:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-man...F2013%2FTM.pdf

Pan bolt order is page TM-286
Bolt torque is page TM-283
Old 12-25-2020, 04:15 PM
L1TWITMYG37
Registered Member

🙏 thank you! I was having trouble locating it in the FSM. I was probably overly frustrated and cursing myself for the very stupid mistakes I made. I had it all printed out from when I was at the shop and somewhere somehow it was lost in transit or maybe I never grabbed it from the printer. I had the shopkeypro information on everything I needed for this particular task. Your a lifesaver. Finally I can finish this thing and get my baby running again!!! Much needed considering the shop is Closed until after New Years! Thanks again! I googled the crap out of it and couldn’t find anything and kept getting all discombobulated to the point I just said ?!$@ it! Merry Christmas and Happy New Years!

Merry Xmas to me! Thanks for the link!
Old 12-25-2020, 04:44 PM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 274 Posts
You are welcome!
I'm glad that you have what you need to finish up.

I hope your Christmas was good and wish you a Happy New Year!
Old 12-27-2020, 03:52 AM
L1TWITMYG37
Registered Member

Do you happen to know the page where I can find the transmission filter sequence/torq specs by chance? I’m scrolling thru the pages looking. I’ve probably passed it up. Figures! Thanks again!