General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Cruise control set light flashing

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2020, 06:04 AM
Savage90
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise control set light flashing

Idk what happened I changed 2 fuses trying to get my driver's seat an lighter sockets too work now my cruise control don't want to work it turns on but the set light flashes repeatedly an won't engage. Did I blow a fuse short it out can someone please help
Old 03-04-2020, 01:54 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 838 Likes on 716 Posts
The meaning of this warning should be explained in your owner's manual.
Old 03-04-2020, 10:36 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,322 Likes on 1,073 Posts
The ASCD system (cruise control) uses signals from the AC Amplifier to operate. Given that you have power issues in your center console area (power socket) it is likely that your power issue extends to the amplifier (and ADP system) as well.

Without knowing more about your car it will be next to impossible to troubleshoot here. It could be as simple as a bad fuse or as serious as water leaking onto sensitive electronics (a issue becoming more common for these cars lately).

The owners manual won't tell you squat about the blinking SET light other than to "take it to the dealer."
Old 12-19-2022, 11:10 PM
dcluse
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Might sound dumb, but it might be that you just happened to bump your brake pedal or brake switch enough to trip the system. Let me explain.

I just did a brake upgrade (Akebono, but that’s a separate subject, but so far VERY happy with it) and when I picked the car up it had this same issue with the Set light flashing and I couldn’t engage Cruise. Shop had no idea and promised to remedy it. After a lengthy forum and YouTube search when I got home, I came across a video about the brake switch and how if it isn’t adjusted perfectly, it can trip the Cruise system with this error. Here’s the link:

Basically there was play in the brake pedal because after the brake swap (depress/repress) the pedal had a new default resting place. I had to loosen the nut behind the brake switch and lower the switch to be fully depressed against my brake pedal. This removed play from my pedal and cured my Cruise Set flash error and the systems works again.

Best of luck!

Originally Posted by Savage90
Idk what happened I changed 2 fuses trying to get my driver's seat an lighter sockets too work now my cruise control don't want to work it turns on but the set light flashes repeatedly an won't engage. Did I blow a fuse short it out can someone please help