General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Beeping Coming From Engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2019, 04:19 PM
PablooogiN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Beeping Coming From Engine

Hello!
Just as a precursor, I have done my research and I am coming here as a last ditch attempt to get help from the community.
A week ago, I tried to start my car and I just heard a little click and the car was absolutely dead. I tried jumping it but that did not help at all. After some research I saw a video with a similar issue and they fixed it by replacing the battery fuse. I bought a fuse and replaced it, and after getting a jump, the car worked great. Problem solved, I thought.
Well 2 days ago I tried to start the car and I felt the car battery was weak, as the locking horn was not loud and the lights look dim. I knew what was coming. The car did not start, and jumping the car did not help at all. This morning I took the battery to AutoZone to get tested and charged, and the guy there told me that the battery was at 0%. It is less than 2 years old. They charged it and now when I try to turn on the car, I can hear beeps coming from the engine when I try and lock the car. Apart from that, there is no other signs of life.
Any idea of what it could be??
I am super broke so I would prefer to fix it myself, and there is no Infiniti dealership in the college town I live at right now.
Any help is VERY appreciated
Old 09-25-2019, 06:39 PM
ILM-NC G37S
Registered Member

Received 1,281 Likes on 1,036 Posts
It sounds like you need a new battery. Even at two years old it is possible that there is a dead cell or other fault with the battery.

Or, it could be possible there is something causing a parasitic drain on the battery (some models had a defective emissions vent control valve that was known to cause issues). Do you have anything plugged in when the car is turned off (dashcam, radar detector, charging pad, etc.)?

Sucks I know. Most of us were all starving college kids at one time or another.