General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

09 G37 Coupe won't start after accident...

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2016, 01:38 PM
e9coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 G37 Coupe won't start after accident...

I need to advice on an '09 G37 Coupe. My work sells repairable vehicles (project cars) that have body damage or mechanic issues. This G37 was hit in the left rear quarter and otherwise doesn't have any damage. Runs and drives (technically).

The issue:
You put the key FOB in the slot, foot on the brake and push the button and it goes from Lock to Start without stopping at ACC. When you push the button again it does nothing. The mechanic here at work is able to start the car at the starter and the car runs and drives, but they're given up on figuring out why the start system doesn't work. The remote has a good battery (swapped from a remote that works) and the car battery is fully charged now with no change.

The car was bought at an insurance auction and the battery went dead at some point but is now charged. I also tried resetting the ECU with the gas pedal pushes, waiting, etc, etc, and didn't have any luck with that. I also haven't found any blown fuses.

Any ideas?

Dan
Old 07-28-2016, 09:13 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 277 Likes on 239 Posts
maybe the brake switch? that tells the starter to start or not