General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Please help weird stuff happened code P0463,P0500

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2016, 07:00 PM
LuvMyG37x
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Please help weird stuff happened code P0463,P0500

Hi All,
Last night some weird stuff happened . I went to my moms house for dinner last-night, when I was Leaving the Key Remote was not working to open the doors . I used the valet key to get into the car, I figured the battery went out in the remote . So I put the remote in the Key holder n pressed on the break and push to start engine nothing.. it said no key.. After a few attempts I finally got the car to start, So I loaded my 2 yr old son in the car and the way we took off. When we were on the way back to my apartment around the corner, The dash was blinking no key.. no key.. and the instrument cluster lights were blinking like a Christmas tree, emergency lights flashing , and seemed to be loosing some power on the car. Luckily I made it home to my apartment and my son n I didnt crash the car pulled in parked and now the car wont shut off,.. Finally after pushing the button couple times the lights,emergency flashers and car turns off .. So I was wayy confused on what just happened .. I went to walgreens to buy a new battery for my remote control , put that in this morning control now is working , went to start the car up and it did with the service engine light on, so I ran my obd 2 adapter and it pulled two codes in the computer . P0463 powertrain fuel level sensor circut high input, P0500 Pwoertrain Vehicle Speed Sensor . Has anyone experienced this issue / or codes on there G37 ?? Could it of been all due to the remote control not working ? If any info greatly appreciate it . 2013 infiniti G37x 64,000 mi purchased vehicle 2 weeks ago from Fairfield ca Nissan thank god I purchased the warranty with it . any info greatly appreciate infiniti G37 Family thank you .

Joe
The following users liked this post:
Juelz86g37s2012 (05-16-2016)
Old 03-07-2016, 10:37 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,943 Likes on 4,176 Posts
Originally Posted by LuvMyG37x
Hi All,
Last night some weird stuff happened . I went to my moms house for dinner last-night, when I was Leaving the Key Remote was not working to open the doors . I used the valet key to get into the car, I figured the battery went out in the remote . So I put the remote in the Key holder n pressed on the break and push to start engine nothing.. it said no key.. After a few attempts I finally got the car to start, So I loaded my 2 yr old son in the car and the way we took off. When we were on the way back to my apartment around the corner, The dash was blinking no key.. no key.. and the instrument cluster lights were blinking like a Christmas tree, emergency lights flashing , and seemed to be loosing some power on the car. Luckily I made it home to my apartment and my son n I didnt crash the car pulled in parked and now the car wont shut off,.. Finally after pushing the button couple times the lights,emergency flashers and car turns off .. So I was wayy confused on what just happened .. I went to walgreens to buy a new battery for my remote control , put that in this morning control now is working , went to start the car up and it did with the service engine light on, so I ran my obd 2 adapter and it pulled two codes in the computer . P0463 powertrain fuel level sensor circut high input, P0500 Pwoertrain Vehicle Speed Sensor . Has anyone experienced this issue / or codes on there G37 ?? Could it of been all due to the remote control not working ? If any info greatly appreciate it . 2013 infiniti G37x 64,000 mi purchased vehicle 2 weeks ago from Fairfield ca Nissan thank god I purchased the warranty with it . any info greatly appreciate infiniti G37 Family thank you .

Joe
I'd do one of two things~disconnect the battery for about 15 minutes to clear the CEL codes and see if they return or just take it to the dealer and let them diagnose it.
G/L
Old 03-07-2016, 11:31 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,499 Likes on 1,272 Posts
^^ just what Brad said your issue is that you most likely just need to reset your CELL codes. I'm really glad you and your son are both okay and it sounds like you had a bit of a scare with the entire situation. The dealer should be able to reset your codes within minutes if they aren't to busy and it shouldn't cost you much at all. They may charge you for a half hours worth of labor fees but you shouldn't experience any more issues once it's done. I like to change out my key fob battery once every year just to be on the safe side. Hope you get it sorted out soon and let us know how it turns out. Best of luck Joe!
Old 03-29-2016, 09:21 AM
SonicVQ
Registered Member

Received 340 Likes on 275 Posts
Don 't reset the ECM if you are going to take it to the dealer.
This will erase the snap shot (mode $02) of all the sensors when the CEL came on. This can be very valuable diagnostic tool for the tech.

Take it to the dealer and get the issue logged.
A low battery in the fob will not cause the issues you experienced.
Old 05-16-2016, 04:20 PM
Juelz86g37s2012

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
@ the end of the day you walked way with your car you situation happend a day after mines my dash board glitch like that aswell before i collided with park vehicles.
Glad you and your kid is good and you saved your car i wasnt so lucky with my G37.

Hi All,

Joe
Old 11-15-2020, 05:12 PM
mummy2
Registered Member

Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts
Hi All,

Joe
what was the problem?