General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

How much would it cost to get Nav set-up without actual GPS?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2015, 02:03 PM
ea0705

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How much would it cost to get Nav set-up without actual GPS?

I'm new here and not really sure where to post this but I need help! I just purchased a 2012 Infiniti G37x sedan with everything but the nav package. I didn't realize how much it included and swore it off because I hate built-in GPS and prefer to use the maps on my phone. Little did I realize how much different the car is without it, including not even having a flipping digital clock on the monitor.

When I bought the car from my dealer (very friendly guy who runs a small dealership by himself, I don't think he did this on purpose) he told me the car definitely had Bluetooth AUDIO STREAMING. It does not, and that's been confirmed considering I don't have the nav package. I texted him and he promised to help me out. My question is, could I install the Nav monitor and control center and will the car have streaming? I want the factory control center along with Bluetooth streaming and the nicer monitor and digital clock but I don't care for the actual GPS. So would that mean the software and dvd drive wouldn't need to be installed? Or does Bluetooth still require that?

I'm just curious about how much it would cost (if he payed for the labor and I payed for what needs to be bought) to have my car have the nav monitor and control center and digital options without having GPS itself installed.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:28 PM
RANDY350Z
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
If you try to go the factory option you are looking at some $$$$ to do it. You could find a used one in mint condition, but then you would have to pay the dealer or installer to do it assuming it will integrate. Another option is the Kenwood Car Portal KOS-1000 which you can add BT, Nav, Back up cam, DVD, and ipod/ iphone audio and video. You would need the Kenwood KOS-C or V 100 as the monitor swithcher. Great product , not reviewed much. I sold mine, I wish I kept everything.
Old 03-27-2016, 02:53 AM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 65 Likes on 64 Posts
Or you could just plug your phone into the USB jack in the center console and play it like an iPod. Slightly clunky interface but it works.

When you are not plugged into that jack, in Google maps (at least on an iPhone) you can go to Menu >> Settings >> Navigation Settings >> select "Play voice over Bluetooth" and "Play as Bluetooth phone call" and directions will play through the system.
The following users liked this post:
Zelf24 (03-31-2016)